• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Your favorite EDC pistol

FLsnakeman

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
As a class G security and ccw licensee I like to carry on and off duty. I was wondering what fellow security personnel, LE, and private ccw holders are carrying. I’m currently in love with my Glock 30 gen4. Compact, 10+1 of 45 acp, fits nice in the hand and comfortable and concealable with a good IWB holster.

8F1C3327-9843-464E-82F2-E7246F5243B0.jpeg

gotta wear a xxxl shirt to cover my sig

You got a full frame sig for carry? What model and caliber is it? I never had a sig but heard they are nice.
p226 its a great gun, I got a lc9 its a .380, I like it cause can just drop it in my pocket dont need a holster

I like .45 for close protection because its got knockdown power and more likely to fully transfer its energy into the target. I deal with lots of crazies on drugs and if God forbid I have to fire, I want them to go down and don’t want the exiting round to cause collateral. Just looked up your pistols, that p226 looks like a sweet option for open carry positions but it doesn’t come in .45?

I like .45 for close protection because its got knockdown power and more likely to fully transfer its energy into the target. I deal with lots of crazies on drugs and if God forbid I have to fire, I want them to go down
Yep, I hear ya. That's why I bought a 10mm Colt Delta Elite several years ago. However, it took me awhile to find a left handed holster for it. Now that I have a holster, I have to find a compitent gunsmith to modify it and install an ambidextrous thumb safety for me. I must admit though, it won't be easy in the summer months to conceal a 5" barrell pistol. And I'm going to have to get used to the whole carry thing anyway since I never carried before, even though I've had numerous handguns for the past 15 years. I was never a guard, nor LE so I'll have to get used to it if I want to carry for self-defense purposes. Things are getting crazy out there more and more.

I carry my Glock 43 these days.

Sig makes great stuff, I go into their headquarters/shop on occasion (New Hampshire), wife wants a Sig to carry soon...

Sig makes great stuff, I go into their headquarters/shop on occasion (New Hampshire), wife wants a Sig to carry soon...
I've heard nothing but good things about SIG handguns. The only thing that stopped me from buying one is the decocker buttons they have...they're for right handed people. Have you ever gone to the Smith & Wesson factory? I was there once for a tour. Pretty interesting. Although I was very disappointed that their custom shop was closed that day. I don't have any experience with their pistols, but they make fantastic revolvers.

I carry a glock 33 or a xds9 and leave a cheap 1911 in the center console

IML Gear Cream!
Smith and wesson M&P shield 40

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost got the mp shield 45 or the xds 45 but ended up with the glock because it fit my hands better and it still sits pretty comfy inside waist holstered. Not to mention a few extra rounds in the mag doesn’t hurt. Both great guns though. I guess I’m the only 45 acp fan here. I think for close protection it’s pretty hard to beat. Frank hows that 33 shoot? I never shot anything in .357 sig looks like an interesting cartridge.

I'm on the fence as to which to get right now as well.

S&W 9mm Shield or Xd Mod2 9mm. Leaning to the xd because the mp is so damn thin in the grip

Glock 23 all day for me. Did Springs and a 25 cent trigger job. Couldn’t be happier in terms of what it does for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a class G security and ccw licensee I like to carry on and off duty. I was wondering what fellow security personnel, LE, and private ccw holders are carrying. I’m currently in love with my Glock 30 gen4. Compact, 10+1 of 45 acp, fits nice in the hand and comfortable and concealable with a good IWB holster.

View attachment 31782

Do you really carry your pistol like that?
Maybe I just cant see the concealed carry holster...

I've heard nothing but good things about SIG handguns. The only thing that stopped me from buying one is the decocker buttons they have...they're for right handed people.

I'm left handed and carried a Sig P226 as my duty weapon when I was a LEO. I operated the de-cocker with my index finger and the mag release with my middle finger of my left hand and never had any issues. I've fired so many rounds with it that it's instinctual now. It's all what you get used to. After having carried and fired several Sigs and Glocks I have to say I prefer Glock hands down. I prefer the hammerless design, the safety trigger, and the finish over Sig all day long. I have 2 Sig Sauer handguns and I'll probably never purchase another.

To the OP: I actually got talked out of buying a Glock 30 by a local dealer recently. He asked if I planned on using it for CCW and I said, yes. He proceeded to tell me that it was far too heavy to be carried CCW due to the magazine capacity and the fact that it's a .45 and that I wouldn't like it. Not sure how this guy stays in business. He also said he couldn't order me a Rock River Arms AR-15. Needless to say I'll never step foot in his shop again.

My favorite for concealed carry is my Glock 26 9mm.

I almost got the mp shield 45 or the xds 45 but ended up with the glock because it fit my hands better and it still sits pretty comfy inside waist holstered. Not to mention a few extra rounds in the mag doesn’t hurt. Both great guns though. I guess I’m the only 45 acp fan here. I think for close protection it’s pretty hard to beat. Frank hows that 33 shoot? I never shot anything in .357 sig looks like an interesting cartridge.
The 357sig is a pretty hot round and in the small glock frame has some kick to it . I saw it in a gun store years ago and had never heard of the round and thought it was interesting so I bought it . The rounds cost more than 40 s&w and aren’t readily available like the normal stuff

I guess I’m the only 45 acp fan here. I think for close protection it’s pretty hard to beat.
I've shot some 1911 .45's and likes them, and I was thinking about getting a custom 1911 in .45 like one of the ones Wilson has, but although I really like the 1911's, they're so big to try to carry, and the Wilson 1911's sure aren't cheap.

x2...I was thinking the same thing. Is there really a holster under your waistband? I wouldn't carry without a holster. I do kinda like the draw from the front like that, but it's got to be tough when you're sitting down.

I've shot some 1911 .45's and likes them, and I was thinking about getting a custom 1911 in .45 like one of the ones Wilson has, but although I really like the 1911's, they're so big to try to carry, and the Wilson 1911's sure aren't cheap.

x2...I was thinking the same thing. Is there really a holster under your waistband? I wouldn't carry without a holster. I do kinda like the draw from the front like that, but it's got to be tough when you're sitting down.
I believe he said it was holstered but hard to see . I carry mine like that in a iwb (inside waist band) but not in the front more like 3-4 o’clock . They do make dedicated holsters for that position appendix carry but I personally don’t find them comfortable but if you live in a state where concealment is an issue that is the way to go. My state doesn’t care about that you will see people with full-size 1911s on their hip..

talldeck if you like 1911 they do make smaller ones but even those are still kind of heavy

I am a big fan of Ruger handguns. In my experience they have an amazing size/weight ratio, and have a very consistent firing pattern, and low recoil for a larger caliber round.

I have an SR45 stealth mounted in my vehicle
3801.jpg

and then a SR40C for shoulder holster carrying.
3476.jpg

My weapon of choice for in home defence is SRM 1216 shotgun tactical setup.
pix717590201.jpg

Last edited:
Get Shredded!
Desantis gunhide tuck this 2 inside waistband holster. I’m crazy but not crazy enough to carry a Glock unholstered. I find it sits more comfortably and prints less in the front as my hips are kinda bony.

I'm left handed and carried a Sig P226 as my duty weapon when I was a LEO. I operated the de-cocker with my index finger and the mag release with my middle finger of my left hand and never had any issues. I've fired so many rounds with it that it's instinctual now. It's all what you get used to. After having carried and fired several Sigs and Glocks I have to say I prefer Glock hands down. I prefer the hammerless design, the safety trigger, and the finish over Sig all day long. I have 2 Sig Sauer handguns and I'll probably never purchase another.

To the OP: I actually got talked out of buying a Glock 30 by a local dealer recently. He asked if I planned on using it for CCW and I said, yes. He proceeded to tell me that it was far too heavy to be carried CCW due to the magazine capacity and the fact that it's a .45 and that I wouldn't like it. Not sure how this guy stays in business. He also said he couldn't order me a Rock River Arms AR-15. Needless to say I'll never step foot in his shop again.

Hmmm.... that's interesting input about the SIG de-cocker. Thanks. As far as Glocks, they're very popular, but I shot a Glock .40 cal, (not sure what model) and I hated it. It felt great in my hand, but the trigger pull was way too long. It had one of those weird trigger safety things on it, but I don't know if that's what caused the lengthy trigger travel. It was almost like squeezing the trigger on a double action revolver in DA mode without having the hammer cocked back. I don't think I could ever get used to that.

I could see it being a little bulky for someone with small hands or a bit overweight with a tight beltline. It’s a little heavy but no issues with a proper belt. I wouldn’t call it a pocket pistol. It carries comfortably for me a little stiff in the drivers seat but just hike up the holster a little when seated. The really small ones like the xds feel a little floaty in my hands.

Even the pocket Glocks are a little bulky.

CZ's have better ergonomics IMO. The Compacts are hard to beat when you're trying to combine small size, a good magazine and a reliable gun.

And they are stunning.

p01profile.JPG

28935430910_515ec8a0ae_c.jpg

I don't work a job that really requires a gun so my needs are probably different but I carry a ruger lcp revolver with 38 plus p rounds. It has a techniclip that goes on your waist band you wouldn't even know it was there.
Montego the shield 2.0 is out now and without knowing for sure I would assume it has different backstraps which would thicken it up in the hand. That said I like the xds a lot even tho I did see one blow up in a girls hand

Even the pocket Glocks are a little bulky.

CZ's have better ergonomics IMO. The Compacts are hard to beat when you're trying to combine small size, a good magazine and a reliable gun.

And they are stunning.

p01profile.JPG

28935430910_515ec8a0ae_c.jpg
Nice looking piece

My go to is my Glock 36. 6 rounds of .45 ACP and it’s super slim and easy to carry. I typically go with appendix carry and sometimes mid back. More ammo would be nice but I prefer the small size.

If I’m wearing a sport coat or jacket I’ll wear my full size Glock 21 in a shoulder holster.

These are what I carry most, because of the size. Whatever gun fits what I’m wearing that day.
EF04AAED-C5FB-44AA-9BCA-B50765C4A4CF.jpeg

Back