• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Your favorite EDC pistol

IML Gear Cream!
These are what I carry most, because of the size. Whatever gun fits what I’m wearing that day.
View attachment 31791

The Bodyguard 380 has a long pull trigger like Glock, the Beretta 32auto is really a great piece. And my pocket rocket I call it is a NAA 22mag, this little fucker is a flame thrower

Nothing better....20180108_203858.jpg

Sent from my DEA work phone

As a class G security and ccw licensee I like to carry on and off duty. I was wondering what fellow security personnel, LE, and private ccw holders are carrying. I’m currently in love with my Glock 30 gen4. Compact, 10+1 of 45 acp, fits nice in the hand and comfortable and concealable with a good IWB holster.

My favorite carry is a USP9c. Plenty of pewpew in a reliable and concealable package.

I'm on the fence as to which to get right now as well.

S&W 9mm Shield or Xd Mod2 9mm. Leaning to the xd because the mp is so damn thin in the grip
You wont be sad with the mod2. I love mine and cant stand the shield for exactly what you said. I hated using my brother in laws out at the range and thats what sold me

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I went Glock 43. It was a tough call between that and the M&P Shield, but gave a slight edge to the versatility of the glock. Not to be a fanboy, its just a great EDC. Sig makes a damn fine pistol and the price definitely reflects that.

full frame gen 1 xd 40 cal, i can wear a relatively tight tshirt and jeans and keep it hidden. super reliable, 300 rds through it every 2 weeks for the last 8 years and i've only had 2 jams.

You wont be sad with the mod2. I love mine and cant stand the shield for exactly what you said. I hated using my brother in laws out at the range and thats what sold me

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I'm not a gun enthusiasts but any means and I'm not very knowledgeable honestly but, I did have an Xd 45 full size and liked it a lot so the mod 2 felt more familiar.

I still plan on trying to go to a range and shoot both though before purchasing.

full frame gen 1 xd 40 cal, i can wear a relatively tight tshirt and jeans and keep it hidden. super reliable, 300 rds through it every 2 weeks for the last 8 years and i've only had 2 jams.
I bought the original xd9 on my 21 birthday I’ll be 37 next week I have never had a problem with mine but my the finish is better on the glocks

I bought the original xd9 on my 21 birthday I’ll be 37 next week I have never had a problem with mine but my the finish is better on the glocks
I think the reason I keep getting drawn to the xd is the feel? I got my xd in 2009 or so?

It feels like it's sturdy to me. I've shot a couple glocks and I always felt like they were flimsy I guess? Not as sturdy feeling I guess.

I haven't shot one in years though.

Get Shredded!
I'm an xd fan boy hands down. Sturdy, long lasting, accurate right out of the box. Hell, springfield arms in general you can't go wrong. Just picked up the spingfield ar15 saint. Haven't shot it yet but its not a cheap pos like so many ar's are straight from the factory.

Because you're a fat fuck or you don't possess a 938...

Sent from my DEA work phone
I have to wear xxxl at 210 lbs I find medium really constrictive. hey that sig 938 is that a 380? I fired a sig 380 at the range last month and the trigger was infinitely better then the lc9. lc9 is a horrible gun it has a deep trigger pull throws me off target

I like .45 for close protection because its got knockdown power and more likely to fully transfer its energy into the target. I deal with lots of crazies on drugs and if God forbid I have to fire, I want them to go down and don’t want the exiting round to cause collateral. Just looked up your pistols, that p226 looks like a sweet option for open carry positions but it doesn’t come in .45?
you dont need knockdown power if you are a good shot, one in the adams apple and I guarantee they wont be a threat anymore

I'm surprised not many of you mentioning CZ's.

I think they are superb handguns.

agreed about the finish, but i've never held a glock that has fit "right" in my hands. I've gotten my slide refinished once and a new barrel so far.

635b7e130b7aad4553b875dfbf788689.jpg

Small and light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you dont need knockdown power if you are a good shot, one in the adams apple and I guarantee they wont be a threat anymore
The problem with that is in a true, life threatening situation, (especially when your adversary is also armed) your adrenaline will be a very big factor regardless of how much training you have. Just ask any cop about that who was on the force in a big city where there's lots of crime. It sure won't be the same as shooting paper targets at the local range

I’m not a seasoned op with combat experience. I’m most likely taking a 2 or 3 tap for center body mass in the situation of a crazy rushing me with a knife or pulling his own gun where i have a second to react. There’s also collateral to consider where 9mm and 40sw are known for exiting the target with plenty of energy left. End of day it’s preference love carrying my g30 it works for me and is perfectly concealable on my body.

There’s also collateral to consider where 9mm and 40sw are known for exiting the target with plenty of energy left.
Let's face it...none of us here are experts on these things. But FWIW, my brother was on the force for 13 years, and he said that he did not even feel safe at all when they made him carry a 9mm pistol. He said that there was a shootout between the cops and a perpetrator wanted for armed robbery, and driving a stolen car. The cops shot through the back window of the car, but the perpetrator escaped initially. Later on that day, they caught him and when the car was examined, they found 9mm bullet heads laying on the back seat. The 9mm crap didn't even make it to the front of the passenger compartment after going through the back window!!

There was another story about a shootout and the perpetrator was a big fat guy. The cops shot the guy 5 times in his gut with 9mm pistols, and all five shots didn't even get passed the guy's fat layer. He had to be tackled to the ground.

Last edited:
Let's face it...none of us here are experts on these things. But FWIW, my brother was on the force for 13 years, and he said that he did not even feel safe at all when they made him carry a 9mm pistol. He said that there was a shootout between the cops and a perpetrator wanted for armed robbery, and driving a stolen car. The cops shot through the back window of the car, but the perpetrator escaped initially. Later on that day, they caught him and when the car was examined, they found 9mm bullet heads laying on the back seat. The 9mm crap didn't even make it to the front of the passenger compartment after going through the back window!!

There was another story about a shootout and the perpetrator was a big fat guy. The cops shot the guy 5 times in his gut with 9mm pistols, and all five shots didn't even get passed the guy's fat layer. He had to be tackled to the ground.

I’ll admit my information is second hand here as my real life firefight experience is zero and hopefully it stays that way. 9mm does however have a smaller point of contact higher velocity and lower projectile mass. If you are talking about penetrating a vehicle there’s lots of variables. I figure if the 45 was good enough to stop the moro juramentados who were shrugging off krag rounds to kill soldiers with melee weapons in the Phollipine war, it’s good enough for a meth head with a knife. There’s a big difference between lethality and knockdown power and I like the latter for my purposes

IML Gear Cream!
You can go to any gun show and pick up some pretty gnarly personal protection rounds for a 9 mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CZ 75 PCR

love that gun

carried in a stealth gear holster.

The problem with that is in a true, life threatening situation, (especially when your adversary is also armed) your adrenaline will be a very big factor regardless of how much training you have. Just ask any cop about that who was on the force in a big city where there's lots of crime. It sure won't be the same as shooting paper targets at the local range

true, but that's why you can do stress induced shooting training environment/scenarios, even on your own at your local indoor gun ranges. While it still isn't the same, it's vastly closer to that particular type of situation with heavy increased breathing rates, tired limbs, etc, than just comfortable typical firearm to paper shooting drills.

I’ll admit my information is second hand here as my real life firefight experience is zero and hopefully it stays that way. 9mm does however have a smaller point of contact higher velocity and lower projectile mass. If you are talking about penetrating a vehicle there’s lots of variables. I figure if the 45 was good enough to stop the moro juramentados who were shrugging off krag rounds to kill soldiers with melee weapons in the Phollipine war, it’s good enough for a meth head with a knife. There’s a big difference between lethality and knockdown power and I like the latter for my purposes
I think you and I are actually in agreement here. I was speaking of the 9mm caliber. My preference is the 10mm caliber, but given the choice between 9mm or .45 caliber, I'd choose the .45 hands down.

true, but that's why you can do stress induced shooting training environment/scenarios, even on your own at your local indoor gun ranges. While it still isn't the same, it's vastly closer to that particular type of situation with heavy increased breathing rates, tired limbs, etc, than just comfortable typical firearm to paper shooting drills.
I understand your point, but regardless of what training you might have, I don't think it's realistic to bank on getting a head shot in during a true self-defense situation, unless you're at very close range

I think you and I are actually in agreement here. I was speaking of the 9mm caliber. My preference is the 10mm caliber, but given the choice between 9mm or .45 caliber, I'd choose the .45 hands down.

I understand your point, but regardless of what training you might have, I don't think it's realistic to bank on getting a head shot in during a true self-defense situation, unless you're at very close range

I completely agree with that statement, the bottom one that is.

being a cop and chasing criminals and shooting at cars is totally diferrent than civilians use. cops open carry and also have a multitude of other weapons available plus they radio for back up. average joe taking out his trash can in the evening after work or whatever scenario needs something you can easliy thro in your pocket and quickly pull out. my intention is just to survive not to search out known dangerous and wanted criminals

being a cop and chasing criminals and shooting at cars is totally diferrent than civilians use. cops open carry and also have a multitude of other weapons available plus they radio for back up. average joe taking out his trash can in the evening after work or whatever scenario needs something you can easliy thro in your pocket and quickly pull out. my intention is just to survive not to search out known dangerous and wanted criminals
In either case, adrenaline is still a factor my friend. You don't think that during a shootout, cops are also concerned for their life just as we would be? Just because they get paid to carry a firearm does not mean that they're super human, nor that they're not aware that they can die at that very moment. They're people too just like you and I. Even deer and bear hunters experience an adrenaline rush that makes it more challenging to hit their target, and they often aren't even in a life threatening situation. How much more does adrenaline become a factor when your life is being threatened? Let's face it, it isn't like being in a video game.

Last edited:
I don’t carry a gun . I do carry diesel fuel sawdust and fertilizer... Timothy mcveigh style

Back