• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

What’s your shoulder day routine?

futuretrunks

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Need some ideas for effective shoulder routines!! What’s yours?

Here's my typical shoulder routine:

Seated front lateral raises (dumbbells)
5-6 sets, 8-15 reps

LifeFitness seated shoulder press
4 sets, 8-12 reps

Hoist seated shoulder press (selectorized)
4 sets, 8-12 reps

Upright barbell rows
4 sets, 8-12 reps

Face pulls (rope)
4 sets, 10-15 reps

Here’s my last shoulder workout

eca5fb9acbc8ea3f8fa72751e65943f8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my typical shoulder routine:

Seated front lateral raises (dumbbells)
5-6 sets, 8-15 reps

LifeFitness seated shoulder press
4 sets, 8-12 reps

Hoist seated shoulder press (selectorized)
4 sets, 8-12 reps

Upright barbell rows
4 sets, 8-12 reps

Face pulls (rope)
4 sets, 10-15 reps

Nice doing some similar stuff as you...

Standing Lateral Raises
3 sets, 10 to 12 reps

Shoulder Press (Either hammer or barbell in sitting)
5 sets, 10 reps

Dumbell Upright rows
3 sets, 10 to 12 reps

Shrugs (hammer)
4 sets, 10 reps

Face Pulls
3 sets, 10 reps

Reverse Flyes Lifefitness
3 sets, 10 reps

Seated machine press 3 secs up, pause, 3 secs down. 4-6 reps.
Seated machine lateral raise, same tempo.
Seated machine reverse flys, same tempo.
Standing shrugs, standing 8-10 reps.

You need to change to a Push/Pull routine focusing on frequency. Every muscle group gets hit twice per week. Push Power one day, pull power the next. Then you will have push hypertrophy and pull hypertrophy. That is 4 days. Other two are lower body days (legs/calves/hams/etc) and one rest day

Reason I say that is because dedicating a full day to shoulders is pretty stupid. It is 2018. Older bodybuilders are getting old and the younger new school guys are taking over - doing our training based on science and progressive overload and not Broscience

Thanks for all the responses so far, some helpful stuff here!

antjb1017 - so what does your week typically look like? I get the focusing on push/pull but do you work chest/shoulders/arms all on one day?

Reason I say that is because dedicating a full day to shoulders is pretty stupid. It is 2018. Older bodybuilders are getting old and the younger new school guys are taking over - doing our training based on science and progressive overload and not Broscience

WTF are you talking about dummy.

Stop trying to appear all fucking wise. And don't try to re-invent the wheel.

Dumbass newbies like you giving useless advice.

Don't dedicate a day for shoulders by themselves?? So you recommend training with chest? With Back??

I am 47 and use to do chest and shoulders together and found I got more and did better when I focused on shoulders alone. Not what was left over after a tough chest workout. Perhaps your chest workout isn't so tough and you can do both.

Or maybe with back? Gee Arnold said that he would do chest and back (push/pull) back in the 70's. So not so fucking new.

Rest assured, if you think you came up with a new way to train, you didn't.

Most guys on this forum have forgotten more gym time then you can remember. Dick.

Damn! I don’t like doing shoulders with chest just because by the time I get done with one, the other is tired. I lift shoulders twice a week. They don’t get neglected.

Side lateral machine single arm then both arms supersets 12 reps 4 sets

Reverse pec dec 4 sets 12-14 reps

BB presses seated 4 sets then 1 big dropset

BB upright rows 4 sets x 10

Seated side raises [db] 4 sets till failure

Rear delt raises with my forehead testing on top of adjustable bench 4 sets

Behind back Smith machine shrugs 4 sets till fail

BB front raises supersetted w 25lbs plate drivers

Typically I do 2 movements each delt head and 2 for traps and finish w 1 movement of a lagging body part

Ironlion@keemail.me

Rotator cuff stretch, Arnold press(light for warm up purposes) front plate raise, lateral side raises, seated dumbbell press, face pulls, also do heavy shrug pyramid on shoulder day. Prolly not the best idea. I usually pyramid everything.

You need to change to a Push/Pull routine focusing on frequency. Every muscle group gets hit twice per week. Push Power one day, pull power the next. Then you will have push hypertrophy and pull hypertrophy. That is 4 days. Other two are lower body days (legs/calves/hams/etc) and one rest day

Not to sound like an ass, but do you really think push/pull is something new? There are many ways to skin a cat bro.

Crazy eights for a burn out when I feel like it - using side raises front dumbbell raises and standing press starting at an eight rep count for all 3 in a row no rest then going to a7 rep count etc until you reach 0 reps. Rest only if u need to.

Rotator cuff stretch, Arnold press(light for warm up purposes) front plate raise, lateral side raises, seated dumbbell press, face pulls, also do heavy shrug pyramid on shoulder day. Prolly not the best idea. I usually pyramid everything.

I pyramid my main lifts but 3-4x10-12 almost everything else. I do shrugs on shoulders and back days. It’s whatever works for you

Post a pic...

Don't dedicate a day for shoulders by themselves?? So you recommend training with chest? With Back??

I am 47 and use to do chest and shoulders together and found I got more and did better when I focused on shoulders alone. Not what was left over after a tough chest workout. Perhaps your chest workout isn't so tough and you can do both.

Or maybe with back? Gee Arnold said that he would do chest and back (push/pull) back in the 70's. So not so fucking new.

Most guys on this forum have forgotten more gym time then you can remember. Dick.

c4edd29c897ab4995957062b69ae0acb.jpg

Lol this is what I mean you fucking moron. It’s called structured programming. You’re probably too fat to understand how to train by the sounds of it.

Numbers change each week, and minor tweaks and adjustments each week of contest prep.

Oh and you being 47 proves my point. I will discontinue and for the last couple weeks of prep go to the “old school” approach and focus 1-2 body parts per day.

Get Shredded!
antjb1017 - so what does your week typically look like? I get the focusing on push/pull but do you work chest/shoulders/arms all on one day?

I responded to the guy who probably would never post a picture of his fatass on the forum with a typical week of my program. Go look at the screenshot.

Not to sound like an ass, but do you really think push/pull is something new? There are many ways to skin a cat bro.

ca1c8369f7cce01a7e4ec2141c605799.jpg

I’m just gonna leave this here. Frequency & progressive overload is key. I wasn’t saying I invented something man, I was saying too many people are stuck on that old school approach and it’s almost always the really aged bucks.

I have nothing against taking a muscle group and really dedicating a day to it, but there are more effective ways to train in terms of programming in my opinion.

I respect you’re response, but not the asshat response from the other guy.

Not a newbie either. I work with Sovereign Labs and guarantee I am deeper into this game than that other guy...

Not sure why you think this is some ground breaking program? Monday is all pull, except for squats.... Tuesday is just a standard OLD SCHOOL - Chest, shoulders, tri's push day....Wednesday Off day.... Thursday - typical OLD SCHOOL leg day.... Friday, again like Tuesday is just a basic push day - Chest, shoulders, tri's day, Saturday - typical all pull day... Sunday is labeled weak points, but they are all push movements. I do really like this layout, it's just not as ground breaking as you apparently think.

Cool looking graphics though bro :)

Not sure why you think this is some ground breaking program? Monday is all pull, except for squats.... Tuesday is just a standard OLD SCHOOL - Chest, shoulders, tri's push day....Wednesday Off day.... Thursday - typical OLD SCHOOL leg day.... Friday, again like Tuesday is just a basic push day - Chest, shoulders, tri's day, Saturday - typical all pull day... Sunday is labeled weak points, but they are all push movements. I do really like this layout, it's just not as ground breaking as you apparently think.

Cool looking graphics though bro :)

Never said it was ground breaking - was providing an example.

It’s different than the typical “Monday- Chest Tris... Tues- Back and bis” bs... that’s what I was saying.

And yes Sunday is for MY WEAK POINTS.

I didn't start with anything negative and really don't care for internet drama. I was just responding to the thread with a different way of doing things for the OP. Not everyone sees eye to eye, but I don't care to feed the fire any longer. Anyways Pics are in the Pit for you all who asked, which I'm not sure has anything to do with this because I never said I was Phil or Ronnie.

Have a good one.

Never said it was ground breaking - was providing an example.

It’s different than the typical “Monday- Chest Tris... Tues- Back and bis” bs... that’s what I was saying.

And yes Sunday is for MY WEAK POINTS.

Well, you sorta of did.... Check this out. From back in the 70's Arnold's The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. How is your program that different? Except there are no rest days!

bodybuilding-routines-that-work-2.gif

Don't get pissy, no disrespect here. Single bodypart training became all the range later, but just trying to prove to you push/pull training is nothing new, far from it.

Well, you sorta of did.... Check this out. From back in the 70's Arnold's The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding. How is your program that different? Except there are no rest days!

bodybuilding-routines-that-work-2.gif

Don't get pissy, no disrespect here. Single bodypart training became all the range later, but just trying to prove to you push/pull training is nothing new, far from it.

I see what you mean. Anything with Arnold on it automatically gets an A+. I would actually be interested in taking that exact program you just posted and starting it

Back