• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Weightlifting shoes, do they really make a difference?

HDgrowth

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What are yalls opinions on foot gear when lifting?
Does the type of soul, arch, hill, etc. Really make a difference on squats, deadlifts, etc?
What are you using now and how does it compare to others you've used in the past?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Never tried the squat shoes but when I did heavy DL's I got as close to the ground as possible. Used old school asics rastlin boots . I mostly just wear running shoes now.

Yeah. You want to be as close to the ground as possible and feet as flat as possible which among other things is a more stable (even) base for both squat and dead. When I used to be able to squat/deadlift I used the old white canvas Converse.

Are you a weightlifter?
Yes? Then they are going to help with Olympic lifting style squats, clean pulls and snatches

no? Don't bother... Would a basketball player buy baseball cleats? No... Different ways of lifting, different form, different equipment

Squat shoes really helped me, my ankle movility sucks.

Only 1 way to find out . ,Give them a try , ..

Are you a weightlifter?
Yes? Then they are going to help with Olympic lifting style squats, clean pulls and snatches

no? Don't bother... Would a basketball player buy baseball cleats? No... Different ways of lifting, different form, different equipment
I guess I'm more interested if the support they provide can help reduce injuries?

I've got some problems with my lower back. It's not a constant issue, but every now and then if I step the wrong way, lift something wrong, twist, etc. My back will go out and the pain will drop me to my knees. It happens about once or twice a year and the pain last at most two or three days.

So if these shoes could help with lift posture and reduce risk, I'd definitely be interested in them.

They deff help keeping you stable during squats , you get glued to the floor .

i would not use them to deadlift tho

I have found footwear to be a pretty important part of my routines..

I will wear lifters for squats, cleans, snatches, etc... I take them off as soon as those are complete though as they hurt my feet to wear for an extended amount of time.

Then I have a pair of Sabo deadlift shoes that are amazing..

Regular athletic/running shoes for the other lift days.

Find you a reverse-hyper. They are excellent for low back rehab. As for squat shoes, I like mine for squats. Nothing else. They'll help activate the quads more and help people with shit mobility.

IML Gear Cream!
Find you a reverse-hyper. They are excellent for low back rehab. As for squat shoes, I like mine for squats. Nothing else. They'll help activate the quads more and help people with shit mobility.
I'm going to try and see if there's a gym around town with the reverse hyper. I just had to look it up, I've never seen one before, but I'm intrigued!

I wear basketball shoes or running shoes, never really felt I needed lifting shoes but those black and white Ryder wears look pretty damn sweet, wouldn't hurt to try something if it's really bothering you

I used a pair of lifting shoes with the elevated heel one time cause a buddy had a pair and I was interested for squatting.

I noticed a big difference in wink at the bottom of the rep and overall feeling of stability.

Just cabt dish out 80 bucks when my chuck's fell really good as well.

What are yalls opinions on foot gear when lifting?
Does the type of soul, arch, hill, etc. Really make a difference on squats, deadlifts, etc?
What are you using now and how does it compare to others you've used in the past?

God no, just a gimmick...

The only guys in my gym that I see wearing any special kind of footwear weight about 170lbs and never go above 225lbs on squats. All show and no go. I've been squatting in running shoes for 30 years. Never had an issue. Don't be that guy in the gym with $100 shoes and a ten cent squat.

I use old school Converse. No bounce in the soul and cheap.

Squat shoes are very firm and incredibly stable. They aren't a gimmick in the slightest. Granted if you struggle with something like 405lbs. It isn't the shoes. They're for squatting and Olympic lifts only. For someone like me who squats over 495lbs on the reg they are more than worth the price.

Get Shredded!
I just use regular old cross-training shoes, nothing too fancy.. just flat and comfortable. Seems to work just fine for me.

Back