• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Newbie Questions!

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hi,

Just have a slew of questions, some of which I have found conflicting information so I am seeking clarification.
A bit about: 100% natty, some people think I do steroids because of size/frame though. Not “big” in much of any sense but I have good shoulders and a wide back. Above average genetics and lifting for about 8 years now. Nutrition has been spotty at times but in the past few years, its been on point and tracked. 7 years of recomping and past year started doing bulk/cuts. No one here is going to like this part but I don’t work out legs (besides treadmill if you want to count that) or chest (started hitting chest for over a year now though but before then I had a bit of gyno that I thought working chest would exacerbate). I don’t know if I reached my natural “limit” but for a long time now making gains has been very difficult. Thinking about just going straight into 300mg test bi-weekly for several months then down to 200mg test TRT for awhile until I feel like going up again. Im assuming ill keep an AI on hand just incase. Anything else or should know/be aware of? This won’t be started for awhile but right now im working on cutting weight so that I have a solid base upon which to bulk on test. I also would like some more info on tren, I see some labs has some mix with 100mg of that but doesn’t that clog the arterties faster than regular test since its much stronger? For all my workouts im doing 8-10 reps with sets of 3, I see some logs on the forums of people doing 30-40+ reps a set while on test, is this the standard? Should I be increasing the reps on cycle?

300mgs of test weekly is a reasonable first cycle and is what I’m running currently. As far as dropping down to 200 for TRT after this so you can blast and cruise is something you need to weigh the pros and cons for. Such as fertility issues, potentially needing TRT for life etc…

Thanks for input. My sperm is frozen in a building somewhere in case I ever have a mid-life crises and wants kids. TRT for life isn’t a problem, its part of the plan. Hairless doesn’t matter, can’t lose what I don’t have. I can manage acne well. Only concerns would be cardiovascular health and gyno

Thanks for input. My sperm is frozen in a building somewhere in case I ever have a mid-life crises and wants kids. TRT for life isn’t a problem, it’s part of the plan. Hairless doesn’t matter, can’t lose what I don’t have. I can manage acne well. Only concerns would be cardiovascular health and gyno
Keep an eye on your blood pressure and do cardio. As far as gyno most people shouldn’t have an issue at 300mgs test. I don’t personally but everybody is different. Just make sure you have an AI on hand and you should be good to go. Don’t forget pre cycle blood work either.

Don’t touch tren yet, don’t even worry about it. Yes, learning about everything is good, but just don’t do it. As far as everything else you got a good plan with the test only and dosages. Get labs before you start and during cycle and don’t skip legs.

legs GIF

will do, thanks. Just never did an extra day at the gym for legs. I have good meaty calves by just doing treadmill/stair master. I also don’t do squats, deadlifts, or bench press. I do hit the chest with a machine and dumbbell press though. I read early on that bad form with squats and deadlift can lead to issues down the line. I could never get the form perfect on my own so I decided to not take the risk and opted for the variety of workouts that I felt comfortable/safe with

Brother you know what you must do… You are going to be very disproportional if you run a cycle and neglect legs still. I don’t mean to be abrasive but do you really have your workouts optimized enough to use anabolics??

IML Gear Cream!
Hit every body part..don't skip anything unless injured. Don't worry about tren.dip your toes before u jump in.

ill do some calf raises and one the quad machines. Ill post my current workout below for reference.

Assume all are 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Cardio and my basic ab workout is not included here. I switch up my routine every 3-4 months at minimum. I basically just pick from Athlean-X’s top recommended workouts and make sure im hitting the range of muscle groups with compound movements being first

Day 1
Some stretches and warm up sets
Barbell curls
Cable pressdowns (for triceps)
Sometimes I throw in skullcrushers instead
Bicep cable curls
Alternating dumbbell curls

Day 2
Stretches/warm ups
Pull ups
Cable lateral pulls? ( for side of deltoids)
Shrugs
Overhead dumbbell press
Machine for reverse flys
“Figure 8’s then chest press with the dumbbell”

Repeat after 1-2 cardio days with a break on sundays usually

ill do some calf raises and one the quad machines. Ill post my current workout below for reference.

Assume all are 3 sets of 8-10 reps
Cardio and my basic ab workout is not included here. I switch up my routine every 3-4 months at minimum. I basically just pick from Athlean-X’s top recommended workouts and make sure im hitting the range of muscle groups with compound movements being first

Day 1
Some stretches and warm up sets
Barbell curls
Cable pressdowns (for triceps)
Sometimes I throw in skullcrushers instead
Bicep cable curls
Alternating dumbbell curls

Day 2
Stretches/warm ups
Pull ups
Cable lateral pulls? ( for side of deltoids)
Shrugs
Overhead dumbbell press
Machine for reverse flys
“Figure 8’s then chest press with the dumbbell”

Repeat after 1-2 cardio days with a break on sundays usually
You sure you’ve been training 8 years? This in dog years or human years? Lol messing with ya, I’d definitely re invent your whole training routine. Follow a program, many online, some free some you pay for, but well worth it before you spend on gear and waste your money and affect your health.

Ok bro..mayb you should try something new
Broaden your workout, they're threads here about different workouts..
What's your stats?

Sorry...
I just love it when a beginner trys to design a cycle with absolutely no idea what they're doing..that never ends well..
No mention of Bloodwork what so ever...
Red Flag...
Just posted on another thread the WHY's..
With thousands of years of experience on this Forum..do it way....is foolish at Best..
Z...

Ok bro..mayb you should try something new
Broaden your workout, they're threads here about different workouts..
What's your stats?
I knew I’d get chewed up here. 5’9 190 lbs. I don’t look fat though. where can I find these workouts for reference? In terms of the other poster on bloodwork, they’re coming soon. Im still cutting weight slowly to build a base.

I wouldn't even consider any gear at the moment.

Checkout the training section of the forum and you can find tons of free splits. You said you haven't seen any gains lately but you're not training half your body.

I knew I’d get chewed up here. 5’9 190 lbs. I don’t look fat though. where can I find these workouts for reference? In terms of the other poster on bloodwork, they’re coming soon. Im still cutting weight slowly to build a base.
Not getting chewed up brother. It's solid advice. You can take it or leave it. The ball is in your court.

Get Shredded!
If I were you bro I would learn how to workout before using gear. Based on that workout you are working arms a lot, and a little shoulders and back, With a few chest presses??? I would ditch that workout plan you’re using, look around and find one that is at minimum 3 days a week that includes all body parts equally. Then find a good diet, and try that for a while. You will probably make good gains by increasing overall muscle in your entire body. Then circle back and start this adventure with an actual plan. Best of luck to you bro. I really mean that.

I don’t think you’re getting “chewed up” and not in a bad sense. Trust me I’ve been around this board a long time and I’ve seen the difference in years and some of the members that have come and go. Right now this is the most solid core of guys ASF has had in a long time (not ever.. but it’s standard across the board). Guys here just want to help you. If it’s the occasional Jab or a call out it’s really just waking you up to something important.

It feels like you understand that… so that’s great and I think you’ll do well here. I’d listen to some of the advice you’ve been given here. Just take it in stride… you control your body and what you do to it… but sometimes we’re all so close to the situation it’s tough to see what others see very easily. So it’s good to hear different opinions, as I’m sure that’s why you’re here.

Just wanted you to hear it from someone here that it’s a good thing you’re getting the advice and attention you’re getting. Just reminds you guys are looking out for ya.

JJ

I don’t think you’re getting “chewed up” and not in a bad sense. Trust me I’ve been around this board a long time and I’ve seen the difference in years and some of the members that have come and go. Right now this is the most solid core of guys ASF has had in a long time (not ever.. but it’s standard across the board). Guys here just want to help you. If it’s the occasional Jab or a call out it’s really just waking you up to something important.

It feels like you understand that… so that’s great and I think you’ll do well here. I’d listen to some of the advice you’ve been given here. Just take it in stride… you control your body and what you do to it… but sometimes we’re all so close to the situation it’s tough to see what others see very easily. So it’s good to hear different opinions, as I’m sure that’s why you’re here.

Just wanted you to hear it from someone here that it’s a good thing you’re getting the advice and attention you’re getting. Just reminds you guys are looking out for ya.

JJ
Thanks @TheOldJJdigs ,I'm little busy,but you said most of what I wanted to..

Welcome to the board brother.

Reddit has a TON of free resources and spreadsheets for routines.

Ppl, bro splits, power building, you name it.

Priorities are as follows
1. Diet and nutrition
2. Training
3. PEDs

1&2 account for 90% of it.

When it comes to the PEDs, less is more imo.

300 mg of test for 12 weeks is good. Bloods before and during.

Best of luck!

List Available Here

Thanks for all of the important information guys. Im working on finding a good push-pull-legs routine. So far a highly rated one for pull and push (will be adding a good legs routine twice a week after more searching) is included below. I did switch out 2-3 exercises with alternatives that hit the same muscle group. Maybe my first impressions are bad but this looks like it will explode my chest and forearms while not hitting my biceps as hard as I would have hoped? What do you guys think

Pull 1

• good mornings
  • Chest supported rows 3x 8-10
  • DB lat pullover 3x 10-12
  • DB high pulls 3x 10-12
  • Bicep chin curls 3x Failure
  • Overhead tricep extensions 3x 10-12

Push 1

• Barbell bench press 4x 4-6
  • Machine pec fly 3x 10
  • DB shoulder press 4x 8-10
  • lateral cable raises 3x 12
  • Lying tricep extensions 3x 10-12
  • DB waiter curls 3x10-12
Pull 2

• farmers walk
  • Weighted pull ups 3x 6-8
  • Alternative gorilla dumbbell rows 3x 10-12 each arm
  • Straight arm pushdown 3x 12-15
  • Ez curls 3x 6-8
  • Tricep pressdowns 3x 10-12
  • Face pulls 3x 15-20
Push 2

• Barbell OHP 4 x 4-6
  • Underhand db bench press 3x 8-10
  • Db adduction rows 3x 8-10 each arm
  • Db floor flys 3x 10-12
  • Close grip bench press 3x 6-8
  • Db alternating curl 3x 10-12
  • Pushup Plus 3x F

Legs are difficult, due to days following while they heal..
I'd recommend deadlifts...start very light, get your form right...before increasing weight..
Read some articles on proper form..
Start in a basic range of 5 to 10 reps...2 or 3 sets..within 2 months,you should be able to see results...
Plus, it's a compound exercise..more than Legs are getting worked.
Z...

Alright ill do this updated routine and check back in this thread in 6 months.
Stick around the thread brother. There is a lot of good info and you can get yourself really prepared for a cycle and make some friends along the way. We would all love ya to stick around and participate in the discussions

Alright ill do this updated routine and check back in this thread in 6 months.
Stick around the thread brother. There is a lot of good info and you can get yourself really prepared for a cycle and make some friends along the way. We would all love ya to stick around and participate in the discussions

I'm glad your taking the right approach and dialing in your training before jumping on gear. As Ben mentioned I would recommend sticking around the next 6 months. You may have additional training or diet questions. Despite the forum name we are not all about gear here. This is a brotherhood.

You could even do a training log and get consistent feedback on your progress.

Back