• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Fasting and the snake juice diet?

Androgenocide

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What is the consensus on utilizing short fasts (48-72 hours) as a way of cutting fat quickly? I know common bodybuilding wisdom dictates simply maintaining a calorie deficit to lose fat but supposedly you can lose fat faster by simply not eating and supplementing with this potassium solution they call snake juice. There are number of impressive before and after photos promoting this diet (and we all know how reliable those are lol) but it's something I wanted to explore as a possible means of shortening my fat-loss cycles so I can concentrate on building as much muscle as possible.

TLDR: Is fasting beneficial for bodybuilding or will not eating cause you to lose too much muscle mass?

The Snake Diet – Results Driven Fasting This is the guy's website. I'm curious to hear what everyone thinks.

I fasted for six days once to see if it would straighten out my stomach. Didn't bother with the snake juice. You only need that for long fast to prevent a serious electrolyte imbalance. The most rapid and best way for quick weight loss is psfm imo. I lost 4 to 5 lbs a week by eating only 800 calories of egg whites a day. Went from 245 to 212 in about 7 weeks if I remember right. Might of been 7.5. The muscle loss was way less then expected and within a few weeks my strength was good. I was also working Manual laborer 7 days a week at the time. Lol. That type of diet is not for everybody but I learned my lesson. Ha I stay lean year round ever since then.

I fasted for six days once to see if it would straighten out my stomach. Didn't bother with the snake juice. You only need that for long fast to prevent a serious electrolyte imbalance. The most rapid and best way for quick weight loss is psfm imo. I lost 4 to 5 lbs a week by eating only 800 calories of egg whites a day. Went from 245 to 212 in about 7 weeks if I remember right. Might of been 7.5. The muscle loss was way less then expected and within a few weeks my strength was good. I was also working Manual laborer 7 days a week at the time. Lol. That type of diet is not for everybody but I learned my lesson. Ha I stay lean year round ever since then.
Oh wow, thanks for your perspective.

Fasted 4 days once, coffee only, and lost 10 lbs. Didn't seem to have any weird health effects. Gained all the weight back over time. Have thought about doing it again and going for 5 days

This is a crash "diet" and is extreme to literally starve yourself. IMO benefits will not last and any weight you lost will be re-gained. But great for a short term goal if you have a wedding coming up and have to fit into your old suit. lolz

That being said, I met this older guy (I was like 40 he was like 55) and he was in fantastic shape. Pretty ripped and in shape.

His advice and what he did was a 24 hour fast once a week.

Always wanted to try this out for myself.

I am married with a kid. Probably much easier to do these things when you are single and can just focus on you. I think trying to maintain a family balance is too big a distraction for this kinda thing.

This is a crash "diet" and is extreme to literally starve yourself. IMO benefits will not last and any weight you lost will be re-gained. But great for a short term goal if you have a wedding coming up and have to fit into your old suit. lolz

That being said, I met this older guy (I was like 40 he was like 55) and he was in fantastic shape. Pretty ripped and in shape.

His advice and what he did was a 24 hour fast once a week.

Always wanted to try this out for myself.

I am married with a kid. Probably much easier to do these things when you are single and can just focus on you. I think trying to maintain a family balance is too big a distraction for this kinda thing.

This is interesting. One of the supposed benefits of fasting is increased autophagy, the process wherein the body "cannibalizes" old and dead cells. Allegedly, fasting can actually keep you more youthful.

And yes, planning even just a 24 hour fast is far more difficult when you have the responsibility of a family. I'm riding solo right now so I could probably do it.

This is interesting. One of the supposed benefits of fasting is increased autophagy, the process wherein the body "cannibalizes" old and dead cells. Allegedly, fasting can actually keep you more youthful.

And yes, planning even just a 24 hour fast is far more difficult when you have the responsibility of a family. I'm riding solo right now so I could probably do it.
Yeah, I am thinking that was his intent. And it seemed to have been working.

I just question an extended fast of 5 days.

Yeah, I am thinking that was his intent. And it seemed to have been working.

I just question an extended fast of 5 days.
Oh, fuck no. I'm not going to not eat for 5 days :ROFLMAO: I'd maybe consider 2 max. I was just curious if anybody interested in bodybuilding employed fasting. I'm not cutting right now but when I do maybe I'll do some kind of a fasting log.

Oh, fuck no. I'm not going to not eat for 5 days :ROFLMAO: I'd maybe consider 2 max. I was just curious if anybody interested in bodybuilding employed fasting. I'm not cutting right now but when I do maybe I'll do some kind of a fasting log.
Sounds good bro.

Maybe run a log or update us when you get this sorted out. Would be interested to know how you make out.

I've been looking into this as well. Prolonged fasting 72 hours or more will put your body into a state of autophogy. Your body sheds your less efficient cells and replaces them with new ones. The reason for the snake juice, or whatever electrolytes sup you choose; is because your body also starts the ketosis process, you will shed a ton of water and your electrolytes (potasium, magnesium and sodium chloride) along with it.

Back