• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🏋️‍👨‍⚕ Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! ⚕🏥

Pre workout nutrition

MrBuckeye305

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What is your pre workout meal? I am trying to find a pre workout meal that will keep me going strong during my workouts and is effective for muscle building. I read that grits are a good option. Has anyone used grits as their pre workout meal? I was consuming 6oz of ground turkey, 12 oz sweet potato, and 4 oz of green beans; however, lately ground turkey has not been sitting well in my stomach during my workouts. Looking to change it up. Let me know what you guys do!

Cream of rice, mixed fruit and 2 scoops of fudge Whey Isolate. 1 hr before training.
Then an intra W/O shake.... Post W/O shake... Shit shower n shave... then its MEAL TIME!

In my growing years i usually had at least 2-3 meals before i trained so my glycogen levels would be pretty saturated from a couple different sources.

I have an addiction to Smoked Gouda White Carolina Shrimp ‘n’ Grits ! I kind of avoid corn but, I love corn tortillas and grits ! Jalapeño/Cheddar grits !

Max

What is your pre workout meal? I am trying to find a pre workout meal that will keep me going strong during my workouts and is effective for muscle building. I read that grits are a good option. Has anyone used grits as their pre workout meal? I was consuming 6oz of ground turkey, 12 oz sweet potato, and 4 oz of green beans; however, lately ground turkey has not been sitting well in my stomach during my workouts. Looking to change it up. Let me know what you guys do!

I would drop the sweet potato pre workout for a faster digesting carb source. White rice is always a good option.

Have eaten grits or cream of rice many times pre WO.

I workout at 5am. I usually just eat a small bowl of cereal and milk. If your energy is running out mid workout you should experiment with your nutrition during the rest of the day. It could be a sign of needing more carbs during the day.

I work out early morning so I do 3 whole eggs and 50g white rice.
Post workout 100g white rice 1 cup egg white 1 whole egg

I get the gym after work about 530-6 during the week. I plan my day out so I'm constantly eating something. average day for me:
7-8am oatmeal or breakfast sandwich on whole wheat English muffin
9am banana and greek yogurt
10-11am quest protein bar.
12-1 50g protein shake some crasins and almonds.
230-3 6oz chicken breast with either rice or potato.
4 some sort of fruit or crackers with peanut butter.
6 gym
715 or so. 50g protein shake.
830 oatmeal or 3 scrambled eggs, fruit, yogurt, cereal,
9 some ice cream or granola bars. it's so hard to do that and I fail that routine atleast 1 day out of 5. but I get it close.

I guess this is why I can’t get big , 1300 cal a day during the week that totals about 220 G protein , and 30 g carbs throughout the day !

I train at 5:30 AM and just have coffee and a banana.
Dont want a gut full of food when training... Post is another story, I have a good meal after that when I get home...

I always liked John Meadow’s pre-workout meal: cream of rice, whey protein, and a little bit of natural peanut butter. It’s not too much food and the fat helps slow done digestion.

I started sipping on EEAS (1 serving) 7.8g pre-weights and water w bcaas during . I know I get plenty of bcaas but, I do notice it help me get the muscle endurance. It could be placebo , probably is but……I never discount a product or how many macros I can take in while doing a new cycle or ped. I’ve realized that while augmenting myself that sometimes I can take in A Very, Very large amount of calories and my body utilizes them. Far beyond what it should or what papers tell you (you just piss it out !) Nope! Whatever is happening, my body sure uses those powders differently than food .

I do think everyone should know their limits but, I’ve realized that if (I ) don’t take in enough carbs/protein , I won’t grow . I know for a fact that my post workout shakes help me recover faster and sometimes that includes 100-150g carbs/70g isolate-Hydrolyzed and a few select supps (hmb-FA, Carnosyn(beta-alanine), Creapure, just to name a few ).

Max
Yes I read , it’s about pwo calories . It totally depends on what my/your need are . I don’t eat a huge solid meal right before training, otherwise I’d be falling asleep or puking . Lol

I’ve been experimenting a bit to optimize things. I train at 4:30 before I head to the job site. The other day I woke up at 3:30am injected 2 iu gh, made a pre workout shake which consisted of 40g protein plus 8 grams protein from 8 oz milk (also another 12 oz water) and 48 grams of simple carbs and an additional 13 grams carbs from the milk, as well as 10 mg tadalafil, 10 mg cardarine, Ksm66(ashwagandha extract) and 5 grams taurine . Intra workout, I sipped on 2 scoops xtend which I believe is 15 grams eaas and also includes electrolytes, Gatorade which supplies 27 grams sugar I believe, focus xt, and 3 grams creapure creatine. Post workout(5:45) I had anoyher shake with 40 grams protein isolate and an additional 48 grams simple carbs. I’m gonna try this for a while but I did develop nausea during my workout, likely on part of the volume of fluids I had taken in pre workout.

I will say, the pump I experienced was fantastic, im assuming from all the carbs, electrolytes and fluids. I had also just began running a Jordan Peters program which is lower volume but higher intensity, this could also have contributed to the nausea I experienced, as I’m not used to this type of training. I’m a bridge painter, and My job is extremely physical, honestly ridiculous at times so being consistent during our work season can get difficult but I’m trying to keep this thing rolling!

Get Shredded!
I
Hydration is something we need to talk about Way More..
Z...
I agree. I always aim to stay hydrated but at times I definitely struggle to remember to continuously hydrate throughout the day. I feel considerable better when I’m fully hydrated, kind of hard to explain. But I feel more alert, move better, better sense if well being. Almost like I’m firing on all cylinders and my body is running as it should.

I feel protein in a pre-workout meal serves no purpose. Sure, it is good calories but the less that needs to clear your stomach before training, the better. So I shoot for nearly pure carbs. I am bulking now so I eat 100g of Rice Krispies and 250ml of whole milk about 1 1/2 hours before my workout.
Then when I drink my preworkout 30 minuntes prior to training, it goes down easy and clears my stomach fast. I currently add 1/2 scoop of Karbolyn into my pre drink.
I just started with an intra so I already have slosh gut by mid workout. Then the big post shake.

I feel protein in a pre-workout meal serves no purpose. Sure, it is good calories but the less that needs to clear your stomach before training, the better. So I shoot for nearly pure carbs. I am bulking now so I eat 100g of Rice Krispies and 250ml of whole milk about 1 1/2 hours before my workout.
Then when I drink my preworkout 30 minuntes prior to training, it goes down easy and clears my stomach fast. I currently add 1/2 scoop of Karbolyn into my pre drink.
I just started with an intra so I already have slosh gut by mid workout. Then the big post shake.
So if you were to hit the gym early before work, and an hour and a half wasn’t an option, would you just opt for your liquid carbs? Or would you eat something solid comprised of just simple carbs?

So if you were to hit the gym early before work, and an hour and a half wasn’t an option, would you just opt for your liquid carbs? Or would you eat something solid comprised of just simple carbs?
Yes, liquid carbs. Don’t skimp on the product. Buy Karbolyn. It is expensive AF but in your case especially, it’s worth it.

Yes, liquid carbs. Don’t skimp on the product. Buy Karbolyn. It is expensive AF but in your case especially, it’s worth it.
I’m gonna give this a try. When you’re not bulking, what would you replace Rice Krispies and milk with?

Pre wo meal (which is usually meal #5 for me)

• 4 caramel rice cakes
  • 1 tablespoon PB
  • 40 grams protein from whey isolate
Todays BB they call that a meal... We called it a snack...

Workout early am before work not a lot of time to eat and digest before. Coffee, pre workout and either a medium banana or Fuji apple.

Pre wo meal (which is usually meal #5 for me)

• 4 caramel rice cakes
  • 1 tablespoon PB
  • 40 grams protein from whey isolate

Love that

Max
We should make a new thread (again) about “whole food shakes “

Back