• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Just How Poor or Rich..??

zionoir626

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
No Judgement Here...
I thought just for fun we could tell how we grew up..dirt poor..or silver spoon..
Like I said,I could careless..just curious..

Week or so back 51 and I seemed like we grew up about the same..

Another reason..how much better did you kids have it better than you..

I grew up the youngest,pretty poor..We had a guess crappy cabin..no electricity..no running water..an outhouse..thank God in was Florida..

Fast forward...taught my kids how to drive a clutch in a new E46(BMW)..1999..
Yeah I'm old...ShutUp

Fast forward again..daughter calls me..she's 35 now..dad we need a beater car..we are looking at a 2001 BMW 330 convertible.. that's a damn nice Beater..

Chime In
Z...

Pretty damn poor. Lol

Not funny then.

We moved all the time. Bc my parents couldn’t pay the rent. So new school all the time. 3 different high schools…

There are hundreds of stories.

Once a landlord came to the house demanding his rent, he left when he saw us eating potatoes for dinner.

Much if not all stemmed from my dad’s pain pill addiction. This goes back to the mid 70’s when I was like 5.

Now this is a common thing.

I don’t have one single memory of a family vacation of any kind.

Both me and my brothers joined the military to get out and make some opportunities.

I am where I am today Bc of the military.

Not Bc of my white privilege

Middle/lower of the road but not dirt poor I guess. 5 kids, single income family. My mom stayed home with us. Dad worked a day job and we had a small dairy farm (20 or so head) until 98 when it was just tossing money out the window.

Never wanted for anything really, but never had Nike shoes until 8th grade.

Pretty poor.
Product of a teen pregnancy. Dad quit school in the 11th grade to support us. Parents divorced two years or so later and got sent to the grandparents to live. Dad eventually remarried and we moved into a single wide trailer. He worked low paying jobs as far back as I can remember and supported a family of 6. I got a job at 14 and started earning a few dollars only to have the parents stop buying me things like clothes. All I can remember my whole life is work. I got beaten up by the old man two days after high school graduation at the family party. Told me I’d never be worth a shit. Congratulations now get the fuck out I guess. I left, joined the military and never looked back. 40 years of work later and I own a million dollar home, knock down 250k a year and have a fully funded retirement.
I earned every penny.
My kids had an easier time of it, I made sure of that. They never lacked for what they needed but weren’t spoiled either.

Pisses me off when people make an assumption about me because of my political party affiliation. They’ve got no idea how hard I’ve worked.

Pretty poor.
Product of a teen pregnancy. Dad quit school in the 11th grade to support us. Parents divorced two years or so later and got sent to the grandparents to live. Dad eventually remarried and we moved into a single wide trailer. He worked low paying jobs as far back as I can remember and supported a family of 6. I got a job at 14 and started earning a few dollars only to have the parents stop buying me things like clothes. All I can remember my whole life is work. I got beaten up by the old man two days after high school graduation at the family party. Told me I’d never be worth a shit. Congratulations now get the fuck out I guess. I left, joined the military and never looked back. 40 years of work later and I own a million dollar home, knock down 250k a year and have a fully funded retirement.
I earned every penny.
My kids had an easier time of it, I made sure of that. They never lacked for what they needed but weren’t spoiled either.

Pisses me off when people make an assumption about me because of my political party affiliation. They’ve got no idea how hard I’ve worked.
Pisses me off when people make assumptions of me cuz I voted for orange man bad …

I feel your pain brotha!

Dirt poor. But I lived in FL and we lived right on the beach and so I was a beach baby. I grew up skateboarding, surfing and boogie boarding for the first 10 years of my life

The sun and weather and water were free. I had an absolutely wonderful childhood poor or not. I wouldn't change a thing.

I didn't eat much as a child, I was a skinny little runt. That prob helped the family.

I recall PAL (police athletic league) gave me my first skateboard

The crazy thing is my fathers parents were Millionaires. Legit. And they didn't give us a dime to help us. Not ever. Not even once. My mothers parents were poor and they would send groceries here and there and took us all the time to help.

Go figure

Money means nothing to me. Nothing at all.

I honestly feel bad for some of you guys and the family stories you tell, I grew up in philly and Dad was a truck driver his whole life, he worked long hours but always made an above average living.
Not rich by any means but gave me and my two brothers just about anything we wanted. Stocked the refrigerator with all the food that he knew we liked, not what he wanted us to have.
My Dad never really told me he loved me but also never laid a hand on me, My Mom was a solid stay at home Mom and was not over bearing.
My parents allowed us to brings less fortunate friends over for dinner without any notice, just get another plate and chair for whoever showed up. They were very cool that way.
Right now my wife and I make very decent money and spoil my kid who still lives with us at 30. My parents gave me a lot but I believe we give him more than that, but anyone who reads my posts knows the deal there.
Just try to be a better parent than what you had, weather your parents were good or bad and make a difference in your kids lives.

P.S. tell them you love them as much as possible, I tell my son that at least once or twice a day.

Grew up poor. But never went without food, clothing etc. My pops was a self employed mechanic who ran his own shop out of our house. My mom worked low paying dead end type jobs. We had our own place until shit hit the fan. My mom went to work one day and never came home. She was seeing a guy at work. This happened in 10th grade during basketball season. I remember vividly. After my mom left my dad hooked up with a bipolar or then known manic depressant woman who was full blown bat shit crazy. He married her and our life was a living hell. My dad eventually got rid of her and hooked up with another "gem". They moved into the woods. Building a cabin thing. I refused to move there. So partly into my 11 grade year my took my stay at the house and figure out how to get food etc. He would pay electric and that's it. My grandma and uncle did bring me $20 worth of food a week. During the northeast winter I had a wood stove that I had to use green wood which I split in winter. The place barely got above 60 degrees during the winter as I survived thru it. Taking care of myself living by myself at 16 years old. It was rough. With that said I have always been independent needing nobody to help me in life. I will figure out a way to make it happen I learned. This mentality has been great in alot of areas but has been a pitfall as well. I wouldn't trade my poor upbringing for anything. It's taught me to value things I have. To take care of and value what I have as well.

These are the stories that blow me away and something so far from my childhood reality,
I mean my childhood was little league baseball and football, Mom calling me in from playing street hockey for dinner.
Window AC unit and TV in my bedroom. Weekly family trips to the movies.
I thought we were just a normal family and that's how everyone lived.

I was definitely poor. But not as bad as some. My mom didnt work, my dad had a decent job but paid child support for 2 kids plus back child support. So we pretty much had nothing left. We did have a house, we had some food to eat but it would be cheap stuff, spaghetti and shit like that. We never went out to eat. Back to school shopping didnt really exist for us. My pops did do his best, we would go to the movies sometimes on Tuesdays because it was dollar movie night. We would go to the public pool when they were have a sale to get in, there was special days when it was $0.50. Never had a new car, they were always beaters but my dad knew how to keep them running. But shit i thought it was normal, all my friends were poorer than me. When me and my would go by new kids we met houses and there cupboards had food stocked and there fridge was full we were shocked hahaha, we would act like a free for all and eat all there shit hahaha. But i wouldnt change a thing, learned alot. And now my kids are beyond spoiled.

Not rich, not poor, had two hard-working parents until I was able to leave on my own at 18. Father died a year later (I was 19) at age 47 (1985), but my Ma kept working and supported herself.
She sold her house after many years and made a good profit, she now lives w/ my Sister and at 78, has money and does OK for herself.

I got into IT 27 years ago when WIN-95 came out, and have been an IT Network/Security Engineer ever since. So I do OK.
Like Tommy, fully funded retirement thx to 35 years in 401K program w/ company match. I plan to retire in 6 years at age 62, if this admin doesnt explode my 401K and tank the country fully.
We'll see...

I grew up pretty poor single mother father in prison.she remarried and my step dad worked his ass off to support us . My wife grew up upper middle class and went to college . She makes good money now after going back to school for another degree while I am blue collar but make great money for the are we live in . My daughter is in her second year of college and has been pretty privileged her whole life but works and gets almost all a’s and is following her mom and is pre law . If she decides not to go that route she has a job waiting for her making really good money fresh out of school . I am comfortable financially now but am already 41 . The kids future is looking a lot better than I had , that makes all of the long hours and days that the wife and I have put in worth it and makes me happy .

Single mom raising two boys. Poor enough that we lived in a trailer park for years and eventually with my grandparents because she couldn’t afford her own place.
To those who grew up poor and now have kids, just remember there’s a fine line between wanting to give your kids the life you never had and spoiling them.

I had a very interesting childhood, i was discarded at the local walmart and taken home by a rich family who apparently didn’t want me either. After they dropped me off in a national park i hooked up with some wild dogs and we have been together ever since. Seems like only yesterday i was taking down deer with my wolf pack i really miss those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love IT...
See didn't you guy miss him(TG)
Don't answer that..!!
Z...

My pos dad abandoned my mom and five kids when I was four. She never remarried and raised us by herself. We had the bare minimum, a roof over our heads and food to eat. I was the middle child, so most of my clothes came by way of hand me downs. What I remember most about being poor was the shoes. I had one pair for daily use and wore them until they had a hole in the sole. Then I put a piece of cardboard on the inside and wore them some more until they disintegrated. My gym shoes in middle school were Kmart blue light special sneakers that my mom bought for $2. Meanwhile, most of my friends were wearing Converse. To this day, the only thing I spend big money on are my shoes.
I appreciated the lessons I learned being poor as a kid and I was successful in life because of those lessons

I didn't choose the swolle life, the swolle life chose me ~ Wesley Swolle

Started out poor, Dad hit it big in the concrete business. Got fuckinnnn rich!! Then lost it all and back to poor!! Haha

Im doing very well now.

Get Shredded!
For the most who posted..looks like atleast our kids will have a better start..than we did..I hope that they realize Just how lucky they are..The Army changed my son to be the Man I'm super proud of TODAY..My daughters just re-married and seems to be very happy..

Funny they grew up thinking BMW's were just handed out..yeah..all day LONG..
Z...

For the most who posted..looks like atleast our kids will have a better start..than we did..I hope that they realize Just how lucky they are..The Army changed my son to be the Man I'm super proud of TODAY..My daughters just re-married and seems to be very happy..

Funny they grew up thinking BMW's were just handed out..yeah..all day LONG..
Z...
They will have a better life... but how will they turn out? That's whats going to be the interesting thing. You want your kids to have it good. But at the same time Obstacles is what makes the person.

Dad was a mechanic, mom stayed at home. We lived in a trailer in the country. Reading these stories I realize I was much better off than some. But at the time I just considered myself poor because most of my friends lived in nice brick houses and they had nice stuff.

They will have a better life... but how will they turn out? That's whats going to be the interesting thing. You want your kids to have it good. But at the same time Obstacles is what makes the person.
Exactly.

We was poor. My kids are now spoiled. Sometimes I think my kids are gonna be shitheads and it’s gonna be all my fault.

It’s such a tight wire … raising kids.

Odds are not in our (parents) favor.

Damned if you do, damned if you don’t kinda thing.

Born to teenage parents without a dime to their names. They worked their asses off and by middle school we were pretty comfortable and probably a little spoiled compared to most but my dad instilled a pretty good work ethic and we do pretty well now. My kids have definitely had it better than I did when they were born. Yesterday I went to buy my son a video game I promised him as incentive and didn't like his attitude when we were on the way so he didn't get the damn game and he's getting negative reinforcement for a while for his chores now. Spoiled lil asshole

In late may 1978 I was a freshman in college on an athletic/swimming scholarship...I had absolutely zero money on a Saturday and ate nothing...no one was on campus that weekend and we did not have a meal program...on Sunday, again with zero money I walked to the old Cleveland municipal stadium and begged for $ at an indians game...I made $7 in about a half hour...I bought a $1 ticket for the bleachers and then spent the remaining money on 4 hot dogs and 2 beers...finally on Monday I got paid a few dollars from my part time lifeguard job and was able to buy some groceries...

I don’t really agree with this , I personally know plenty of people who were born with a silver spoon up their ass and never had any type of hardship growing up and turned out to be just completely shit while their sibling is successful. Same environment and upbringing. While obstacles and overcoming hardships can help you grow into a successful person (not just talking about financially)those same obstacles can be used as an excuse to be shitty.

These obstacles are not required to be successful and I know I would have rather not had any growing up that’s for damn sure

I don’t really agree with this , I personally know plenty of people who were born with a silver spoon up their ass and never had any type of hardship growing up and turned out to be just completely shit while their sibling is successful. Same environment and upbringing. While obstacles and overcoming hardships can help you grow into a successful person (not just talking about financially)those same obstacles can be used as an excuse to be shitty.

These obstacles are not required to be successful and I know I would have rather not had any growing up that’s for damn sure
I think it’s like the old saying about hard times create strong men. Easy times create weak ones etc…
we’re seeing this in society now

Back