• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Dislocated Rib

Seattlesbest

SB Labs
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Hey bro's. Fucked my self up on Saturday. Was squatting 495 and I went down to far and felt my rib pop when I was at the bottom of the rep. Wasn't to bad, finished out my workout np. But man... 2 days later and my shit is fucked up. I'm moving like an old man. Could only do arms today.

Anyone ever had this happen to them? What was your recovery time? Were you able to still get it in or do I need to take a break completely from the gym?

Hurts to breath. I can here it pop every so often when trying to take a deep breath. Anything to speed up recovery? Doing ice and heat therapy l.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Hey bro's. Fucked my self up on Saturday. Was squatting 495 and I went down to far and felt my rib pop when I was at the bottom of the rep. Wasn't to bad, finished out my workout np. But man... 2 days later and my shit is fucked up. I'm moving like an old man. Could only do arms today.

Anyone ever had this happen to them? What was your recovery time? Were you able to still get it in or do I need to take a break completely from the gym?

Hurts to breath. I can here it pop every so often when trying to take a deep breath. Anything to speed up recovery? Doing ice and heat therapy l.

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Come on know best. Ice and rest would be a good start. I separated 4 in a work accident, so I feel your pain. Right know everything in your back is pissed off and compensating for the injury this creating more spasms, cramping and more pain.

Course of treatment,
Ice, rest, ice, rest for at least 48 hours. Absolutely no heat, you want to get the inflammation down. Then I suggest a good chiropractor and massage therapy. DM me for the 2 chiropractors I have used if you want. One is in Madison Valley, one in North City in Shoreline.

Peace.

Come on know best. Ice and rest would be a good start. I separated 4 in a work accident, so I feel your pain. Right know everything in your back is pissed off and compensating for the injury this creating more spasms, cramping and more pain.

Course of treatment,
Ice, rest, ice, rest for at least 48 hours. Absolutely no heat, you want to get the inflammation down. Then I suggest a good chiropractor and massage therapy. DM me for the 2 chiropractors I have used if you want. One is in Madison Valley, one in North City in Shoreline.

Peace.

Now

Course of treatment,

Peace.

Thank you bro, got the ice pack on it right now. Ya your right, the old ribcage is mad mad haha. I will do that. No heat, check. I'll shoot you a DM now, thanks again bro!

I’m no Doctor but Ive been there many many times with rib injuries bro. Not a lot you can do if it is a separated rib other than the info already suggested. You can combat the symptoms with an anti inflammatory and some kind of pain reliever. I personally don’t like chiropractors for certain injuries so IMO Rest is your best friend right now. I’ve had injuries like this last a solid 6 weeks. Don’t push too hard or you might end up in the same range. Good Luck man.

Those ribs popping are very painful. I feel for you. Almost every time I have done it I was moving in an awkward way lifting or moving something. It takes weeks to get right in my experience.

495 is impressive bro. I assume you weren’t going ass to grass?

I guess my question is… if you are the type of squatter that goes pretty deep should you not break into the 400-500lb club? I did 315 today on my last set and was smoked at 8 reps.

495 is impressive bro. I assume you weren’t going ass to grass?

I guess my question is… if you are the type of squatter that goes pretty deep should you not break into the 400-500lb club? I did 315 today on my last set and was smoked at 8 reps.

Ill get there one day for sure. Ya bro that's when it popped. Went way to far down and leaned forward a bit and it popped on the up push. Did it Saturday. I'm about 70% right now. I take 2 ibuprofen before the gym and im pretty good. Still fuckin blows tho can't go heavy on anything.

8 reps at 315 is niceeee! I love high reps at 315. Really feel a crazy burn. Couple of my homies are competing here in a few weeks so there really pushed me in the training sessions! First time I got 495 for 3 Solid reps. Really proud of my self. Motivated the fuck out of me.

Going to try 505 for one rep when I'm 100% again!!

Those ribs popping are very painful. I feel for you. Almost every time I have done it I was moving in an awkward way lifting or moving something. It takes weeks to get right in my experience.

Thanks man. That's exactly what happened to me leaned a little too far forward and just did something weird. Feelin a hell of alot better today!

- - - Updated - - -

I bet mcdonalds created that technology, they make those sandwiches shaped like ribs but no bones in there, amazing

Lol

Back