• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

AR'S Let's talk about it!

S&W M&P 15 Sport II, I’ve enjoyed the platform quite well. I have a nice short range optic with magpul flip up rear sight as a backup. I’ve put about a thousand rounds through it but nothing formal in terms of training etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Troy Industries has a nice sight set up, There are a number of you tubes you can watch to help with training. Having a hands on classroom with qualified special trainers will help immensely. Some can be expensive, but well worth the money. I entered a charity benefit where the money went to a veterans charity for current special forces men and women. All day at the the pistol range with 7 or 8 special forces guys that were still active just got out was incredible and far better training than what I had back in my Army days.

Yup i understand how it works, just wondered as it IS a detailed list of palmetto and other armories on where u bought each item…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry my reply above was to boykin, it wont let me quote anybody anymore in this thread for some reason

Sorry my reply above was to boykin, it wont let me quote anybody anymore in this thread for some reason

I would have to look man. I have bought so many parts. It depends on your budget. I spent like 800 bucks building my first AR-15 my AR-10 I spent about 3500 building. So it really depends on what you wanna spend and how nice you want it to be. Non of mine have serial numbers since I milled the lowers. To me it’s completely pointless to “build” one that has a serialized lower. You might as well buy a whole one at that point and spend the extra money on a nice optic.

Several Springfields and Ak’s. AR for accuracy. AK for prey and spray. This is my baby I just finished. 1300 yds confirmed tack driver.
ED98E709-FA7E-4B24-BEBB-47682DC47E59.jpeg

I know it’s not an ar but picked this up last week .

Attachments

• D6785E56-8664-4C24-AC95-0C3336110BF2.jpeg
    D6785E56-8664-4C24-AC95-0C3336110BF2.jpeg
    352.2 KB · Views: 21
AR chambered in 308... AKA a NATO AR.
Having built an AR-15 and AR-10 I feel that Eugene Stoner definitely slam dunked the AR-10 and sort of laid it up for the AR-15 when the DOD changed the round they wanted.

Just a bit more elegance and thought in that 308 version. For whatever my opinion is worth.

Knights, PWS, and a still have my original DPMS that was bought during the 1st AWB LOL

Built 2 450's, 2 blackouts, 2 223 wyldes, and a 6.5 ar-10 I wish I had done as a 16" 308 or even sbr'd it. Closest place to stretch it out is hours away so rarely get to enjoy it for what it's good at.

I've considered getting an AR rifle, but this keeps coming to mind.

Shoot_ Eye_Out.jpg

Knights, PWS, and a still have my original DPMS that was bought during the 1st AWB LOL
I'll take your Knights off your hands for you thank you.

Soo if someone where to build one right now what are some tips and paths to go??

Palmetto?
Should they lean towards one round or being able to fit 2 different rounds? 5.56 /2.23 etc….

Im talking like nothing special but functional to do some hunting and sport shooting and to have as a defense type thing

Larue ar 10 with 18” barrel. Have a few Wilson combat receivers about to start a few builds. Currently working on a Lar 9 with 7” barrel and Geissele stage 2 trigger. I work out of town but when home I usually shoot 4-5 times a week. But I have land and can only get out to 300yds, but still fun to shoot. I used to do some long range precision fire when younger.

Sig M400, full custom 300 blackout pistol, full custom 5.56 for the wife, 2 full custom 6.5 grendels (1 for me and one for the wife), palmetto ar-9 and a few stripped lowers sitting around waiting for the right build. Only get to shoot about once per month

Soo if someone where to build one right now what are some tips and paths to go??

Palmetto?
Should they lean towards one round or being able to fit 2 different rounds? 5.56 /2.23 etc….

Im talking like nothing special but functional to do some hunting and sport shooting and to have as a defense type thing

Get your lower. Watch YouTube videos on assembly. It’s easy enough. I highly the Aero Precision M4E lower as the hex-key bolt catch release pin alone is worth the extra $40 or so.

Most lower parts kits a pretty similar, you won’t miss anything with a standard LPK. You could rabbit hole yourself here, but you’re looking at very minute improvements.

Trigger is worth spending good money on. I’ve GREAT luck with CMC.

The upper? I’d buy it assembled. There’s very high pressures and narrow margins of error. I’ve built and bought uppers. Idk if I’d build again.

For caliber I’d go with 223 wylde. Second best is 5.56. That way you can feed anything into the gun safely. 223 wylde isn’t a caliber but a chambering. You can shoot 223 and 556 from it safely.

Optics? The world is your oyster.

Godspeed

Larue ar 10 with 18” barrel. Have a few Wilson combat receivers about to start a few builds. Currently working on a Lar 9 with 7” barrel and Geissele stage 2 trigger. I work out of town but when home I usually shoot 4-5 times a week. But I have land and can only get out to 300yds, but still fun to shoot. I used to do some long range precision fire when younger.
Nice build, I would recommend the Larue 2 stage trigger, there price has come down over the last year and its a nice trigger, i roll it in my .300blk

Nice build, I would recommend the Larue 2 stage trigger, there price has come down over the last year and its a nice trigger, i roll it in my .300blk
I’ll check it out, i do like my Larue set up.

Palmetto?

Look up an ar15 oops kit. 10-15 bucks and you have the extra springs and pins when one goes flying and you can't find it when you are putting it together.

Look up an ar15 oops kit. 10-15 bucks and you have the extra springs and pins when one goes flying and you can't find it when you are putting it together.
If I might suggest, a couple of them. Nothing like doinking your last detent into the far reaches of your garage.

Or perhaps I’m just clumsy.

Back