• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

meal prep help

dirtysouth872

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
hey guys im trying to get into the whole meal prep thing. my only problem is that im a bit ocd when it comes to food. im just always paranoid that food is going bad. I wouldn't doubt that in the past ive probably thrown out food that was probably fine just because im being paranoid but for me when I have meat in the fridge like say some cooked up steak or chicken I usually will end up throwing it away if I don't eat it in maybe 3-4 days because im worried about bacteria and stuff like that. just wondering do you guys usually make up food for the week? or how long would you let, lets say some chicken in rice go in the fridge in a container before you would be worried about it going bad? I imagine it could go longer in a container that you left sealed compared to one that your opening everyday. just wondering what yours guys opinions are on to how long after cooking a meal prep would it still be good? maybe I need to turn my fridge temp down...

most people will say 3-5 days for meat, but i've pushed the limits on it and my general rule of thumb is 10-12 days once it's cooked. i have regularly eaten it in these time frames for years now without any issues. carbs like rice and pasta are a different story, usually i'll get 7 days tops out of rice before it gets moldy, less if i'm using a broth to cook it in instead of water. pasta is about the same. i keep my fridge at 34F.

4 days in the fridge is safe for basically all food, provided it’s been cooled properly after cooking. Beyond that, you’re taking some small (but increasing daily) risks. I freeze whatever I’ll be bringing to work for lunch and just thaw it on my desk in the morning.

I cook Sat or Sun. Food keeps M-F. If cooking for the following Sat & Sun I freeze them then thaw out Friday. I try to keep to the 5 day rule on everything.

I prep every Sunday and Wednesday. I don’t like eating food any older than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

What Sherk does if you have the time. I personal dont so do it once a week. I seal my meat in individual
Zip lock bags then transfer to my meal prep bag easy way to weigh all my portions up

I do the same thing as Shrek. Sunday and Wednesday. Usually I’ll prep my meats in mass that way all I’ll have to do is weigh things out in the morning and I’m out the door. Another thing you could do is prep on your desired day, weigh everything out into your containers and then you just pull from the fridge and out the door you go. If your cooking chicken, use a thermometer to check internal temp of the chicken to make sure it’s done. Trust me on this, I’m probably not the only one on here who has given themselves food poisoning from undercooked chicken. That was the last time that shit ever happened, bought a thermometer and always check the temps before I take them out to cool and shred up. Good luck brother! Your on the right track with jumping into meal prep. It will set you up for success diet wise and help keep your diet in check!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back