• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Rep Range

NotoriousDev25

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I know rep range depends on the goal and it varies from time to time.. but what’s everyone’s most used rep range? What works best for you? & what rep range do you think is best to improve strength & improve physique?

1st exercise = 3 set 20 reps light weight (get blood moving)
2nd = 8 sets 8 reps medium weight
3rd = 5 set 5 reps heavy weight
4th = 4 sets 10reps start medium and work weight up each set

this is my layout for pretty much all my workouts besides legs

12 - 8 pyramid scheme for me.

I dont count reps but IO have a general idea of where I'm at, 10-12 and I do drop sets

20-50 for warmups, and either 10-12 or 4-6 depending on whether I'm doing moderate or heavy weights that day. I've been doing a lot of drop sets to finish lately too, so reps on those are just whatever I can push out.

All of the above. Depends on how I feel that day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

20-50 for warmups, and either 10-12 or 4-6 depending on whether I'm doing moderate or heavy weights that day. I've been doing a lot of drop sets to finish lately too, so reps on those are just whatever I can push out.
:winkfinger: love my drop sets :winkfinger:

Time under tension....

6 to 8 for heavier movements when trying to get stronger.

10 to 12 for moderately heavy weights.

Light weights for warming up only and I just go until it burns.

I try not to count and try not to pay attention to the numbers on weights or machines if possible. I feel like knowing the weight and setting your mind to a number of reps is only limiting yourself. Sometimes I can't help counting. It's natural and I think everyone is trained to do it. But if I'm counting and say I get to 15 and already knew I was stopping there it irritates me so I'll count backwards then start over and hit a drop set. I get really mental with my training. Your mind is powerful!

Least Ill do is 10. Don’t care about that PR maxing stuff anymore. I try to keep most working sets 15-20

8-15 reps, sometimes 20. My lifting for strength and power days are over. But for sure you need to mix it up. If you are a younger guy looking to add mass, I think 6-8 rep range should be the focus or a pyramid scheme, but cycling in higher rep work for hypertrophy and to hit all muscle fibers, and keep your body guessing :). When you get older maybe reverse that. At 62 I pretty much go 12-15 reps on everything.... but like to shock my ass every now and then with 6-8 reps training sessions, and then just for fun 20-30 reps.

I just count to 10 5x

Cheapthreads out.

Back