• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs® ANDRO HARD- Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

What’s the deal with cooking spray?

BrewOrleans

Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’ve used Pam forever but this last Sam’s trip before I threw the pallet of spray into the cart, I thought twice about it and got olive oil spray instead. Not sure why I thought that Pam wasn’t healthy, or contained seed oils at that moment. When I do a quick search on it, I’m seeing the negatives that I thought I’d see. Was I wrong about it being unhealthy? What is the best alternative to cooking spray if PAM isn’t good for u?

Seed oil is garbage and you're wise to want to avoid it. I mostly use coconut oil spray or avocado oil spray because it has a higher smoke point.

Olive oil can become carcinogenic at high temps. I think.

I’ve used Pam forever but this last Sam’s trip before I threw the pallet of spray into the cart, I thought twice about it and got olive oil spray instead. Not sure why I thought that Pam wasn’t healthy, or contained seed oils at that moment. When I do a quick search on it, I’m seeing the negatives that I thought I’d see. Was I wrong about it being unhealthy? What is the best alternative to cooking spray if PAM isn’t good for u?
Good GOD man!
I forgot that shit even existed.

Ill make it simple, CANCER.
Pam and non-stock sprays are basically a blend of synthetic carcinogens.

Alts:
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Peanut oil

All great for cooking and will improve the taste and quality of your foods.

Also, do NOT use NON-STICK PANS!!!! (Or Aluminum ANYTHING to cook, pans, foils etc...).
They put neuro-toxins into every meal you cook with them!!!

Cast iron or stainless steel.

Good GOD man!
I forgot that shit even existed.

Ill make it simple, CANCER.
Pam and non-stock sprays are basically a blend of synthetic carcinogens.

Alts:
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Peanut oil

All great for cooking and will improve the taste and quality of your foods.

Also, do NOT use NON-STICK PANS!!!! (Or Aluminum ANYTHING to cook, pans, foils etc...).
They put neuro-toxins into every meal you cook with them!!!

Cast iron or stainless steel.
This aligns with what I’ve been reading up on. As I get older and further into my health journey I’m trying. To be waaaay more conscious of things like this. Especially for the sake of my kids and what we feed them.

Speaking of cancer, I literally live across the street from a plant that makes Roundup. I should prolly move outta here again.

Pam is not the healthiest. But neither is all the chemicals that are added to the live oil spray. Probably not the biggest problem out there especially for guys taking gear. Or other illegal drugs. For those all about health i would just put a teaspoon full of olive oil in a pan and rub it around. Works for me. Pretty much everything is carcinogenic it seems if cooked at a high temperature.

This aligns with what I’ve been reading up on. As I get older and further into my health journey I’m trying. To be waaaay more conscious of things like this. Especially for the sake of my kids and what we feed them.

Speaking of cancer, I literally live across the street from a plant that makes Roundup. I should prolly move outta here again.
Moving away from that would be a good idea. Esp if you have kids brother.

Back