• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

New member intro

Hello! Everyone hope you all are doing well. Enjoying the discussion! this is stephanie and I would love to connect with you all.

@nightwing what kind of things did you do to make such a significant body recomp? What was your diet & training like?
1st of year in 2023 I kicked alcohol, which was a monkey on my back for years, dad had passed, left me questioning my own mortality shit. I've yoyo'd over the years, and really started simple - got out of the house 2x a day no matter what, started with dog walks. Then I stopped feeding my anxiety w junk food (that wasn't easy), but gradually I just made better choices, stay away from processed and fast foods. In 4 months I really did lose 30 lbs, then I started TRT, which made me feel so much better. I had my share of setbacks, even with the booze. Today I'm like 170 days totally sober, and I started a cycle in early winter that really recomped my body, didn't lose a pound but dropped 15 lbs fat for muscle. This forum has helped, following a few people via their youtube, podcasts, and keeping under maintenance calories. My training needed work, was used to trying to lift for strength, but I kept getting injured so worked with more reps for volume and staying away from the exercises that will screw me up (heavy squats, deadlifts). Again was hard to change but the results are showing.

I'm actually ready to start a new routine, looking around for a good 3 or 4x a week plan with a focus on dumbbell work to keep me using my home gym setup more.

sidenote - ive been able to ditch all SSRIs and bullshit meds doc had me on for years by cleaning up my act. Consistency pays off.

Welcome aboard

Back