• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🏋️‍👨‍⚕ Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! ⚕🏥

LC/MS/MS Drug screen.?

movingsteel 79

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Is this becoming more common or anyone else receive one of these drug screens.

SWIM was given a short piece of plastic with a small foam piece on the end of it. It was then placed under thier tongue and soaked up saliva till the neat little plastic thing turned blue like a fuckin pregnancy test. Put the plastic piece with the foam attached into a sterile tube and sent away. SWIM thought it was a typical screen till they went back for results. When I saw the report I counted 58 substances it tested for. A little confusing and wondered if anyone else has heard of this extensive of drug screening.??

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I know that insurance companies are pushing very hard to get each company they insure on programs they developed, drug screening, HR, Driving policies. And all these do is get the insurance company out from being responsible when a claim is made.

I know that insurance companies are pushing very hard to get each company they insure on programs they developed, drug screening, HR, Driving policies. And all these do is get the insurance company out from being responsible when a claim is made.
Hey bro., no this one is not for work., and u nailed it(Dr and Ins.Co).!!!

From what I understand the insurance companies are putting heat on Dr's(atleast in my state) to do this screening. I mean I have heard of patients taking drug screens(6 panel UA) so the Dr knows that they're not a druggy and abusing rec.drugs. But damn this seems pretty extensive testing not to mention the COST of this "foam pad LCMSMS" test has to be way more expensive than those cheap UA tests.

So is this trending all around the U.S.??

Is this becoming more common or anyone else receive one of these drug screens.

SWIM was given a short piece of plastic with a small foam piece on the end of it. It was then placed under thier tongue and soaked up saliva till the neat little plastic thing turned blue like a fuckin pregnancy test. Put the plastic piece with the foam attached into a sterile tube and sent away. SWIM thought it was a typical screen till they went back for results. When I saw the report I counted 58 substances it tested for. A little confusing and wondered if anyone else has heard of this extensive of drug screening.??

Out of curiosity, can you post the substances it tested for?

Mass spec has become relatively affordable over the past few years, and a number of the big companies have produced small table-top mass spectrometers for clinical use. They’re pushing to get them into regular use in medicine, and the insurance companies are all too happy to oblige. A standardized test panel could cost as little as $50, maybe up to a couple hundred if the analysis requires an actual skilled technician.

Out of curiosity, can you post the substances it tested for?
SWIM said the results were fine with the Dr. as the positive test results are for the prescribed medications within therapeutic range. SWIM also said that nothing was said about the THC positive.

Just wondering if this is new to my area or if it has been going on for a while elsewhere in the country.??
20cd4f6c6a82796ca084aaad886439b1.jpg
fa497febfced6eb98697fd48c593b1c5.jpg

I would be more concerned with the drug use/abuse that testing. That's a lot of positives for a big range of dope.
Pretty sure if that was for a job, the person wouldn't get it.

A quick search of the internet will show you a number of buccal swab "drug tests" that go from 3 to 15 different drugs. They are more common in hiring now than UA because they give almost immediate results.

Sucks they do this for insurance though.

Protocol for the last few years at the VA is that before you can get a narcotic Rx, you have to show you aren't using anything not prescribed, via UA.
I am curious to see how the so called medical conglomerates will treat the positive THC result now that they are having a harder time hiding/disavowing the effectiveness of cannabis.

Mass spec has become relatively affordable over the past few years, and a number of the big companies have produced small table-top mass spectrometers for clinical use. They’re pushing to get them into regular use in medicine, and the insurance companies are all too happy to oblige. A standardized test panel could cost as little as $50, maybe up to a couple hundred if the analysis requires an actual skilled technician.

And in time I bet some of these tests could be done in mere minutes so results can be pretty much had on the spot. Wonder if this SWIM test can detect steroids such as test, tren or even orals? I do feel that these tests can be even valuable for probation departments to use as the results can be had right on the spot so if someone got hot test results can be busted right there.

That still looks like a “are you taking some drugs to get high” type of test. They aren’t asking about steroids so... seems like a fancy regular old drug test to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That still looks like a “are you taking some drugs to get high” type of test. They aren’t asking about steroids so... seems like a fancy regular old drug test to me.

True, but these tests could be improved enough to detect steroids in the future (perfect for testing before meets for example). The big thing is how quick the results are, and if you get caught you get nailed.

does anyone know of false positives from the new tests

does anyone know of false positives from the new tests

Mass spec is extremely accurate. False positives for a known compound are non-existent. The old standard tests use compounds that cross-react with the things they want to detect, so if something else is capable of binding, it will show as a positive result. However, mass spec simply tells you if a precise compound exists in the sample or not. It discovers an exact molecule, compares it with a database, and tells you if the molecule is 100% identical.

True, but these tests could be improved enough to detect steroids in the future (perfect for testing before meets for example). The big thing is how quick the results are, and if you get caught you get nailed.

No improvement needed. They’d just need to decide to develop a standard test panel for it and start running it. Some research has already been done in this area, so you can expect to see this kind of testing used in sport very soon if it hasn’t already begun.

Saliva test only go back a few minutes . I’ve smoked weed then drove for the drug test ( 3 miles away) took a drink of pop and passed . If you have dentures it’s automatic pass as teeth produce saliva. Most places let you have a cup of water then you hold the water in your cheek . If there is any drugs in the water you’d fail only if the amounts are phenomenal.

Saliva test only go back a few minutes . I’ve smoked weed then drove for the drug test ( 3 miles away) took a drink of pop and passed . If you have dentures it’s automatic pass as teeth produce saliva. Most places let you have a cup of water then you hold the water in your cheek . If there is any drugs in the water you’d fail only if the amounts are phenomenal.

lol what

Saliva which is venomous flows across teeth envenomating prey during a bite.
Oh, sorry, that's Heloderms.

Lol.
Take a second and consider the intelligence of a post by a person who smokes dope on the way ​to a drug test.

B0en53OCcAA8e8U.jpg

Get Shredded!
I’m fine with it. I don’t take anything other than my prescribed meds nowadays.

I miss my Mary Jane like a mother fucker though..

I’m fine with it. I don’t take anything other than my prescribed meds nowadays.

I miss my Mary Jane like a mother fucker though..

I don't even know how guys can do street drugs and even have a job these days with all the random drug testing.

Not sure if it is this way in every state but if you have an accident where you end up in the hospital while on the job workers comp requires a drug test.

This here...

u nailed it(Dr and Ins.Co).!!!

From what I understand the insurance companies are putting heat on Dr's(atleast in my state) to do this screening.

So is this trending all around the U.S.??

My Dr. of 20 years confirmed this. I had to take this at my check up for him to prescribe any future meds for the upcoming year.

So yes, this is the trend. A result of them casting a large net due to the opioid “crisis”.

LowT

Attachments

• 56F56681-71B3-466E-A9E3-0C8B5C23B809.jpeg
    56F56681-71B3-466E-A9E3-0C8B5C23B809.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 37
My Dr. of 20 years confirmed this. I had to take this at my check up for him to prescribe any future meds for the upcoming year.

So yes, this is the trend. A result of them casting a large net due to the opioid “crisis”.

LowT
Thanks for the response LowT.!! That sounds like the definitive answer I was looking for.!! I appreciate that man.

My father is in pain management and gets drug tested every visit before they refill his medication. He has popped for THC in the past and it wasn’t a big deal. Now if anything other than his medication is detected at non therapeutic doses he could risk getting his medication pulled. It’s like low t said, a lot of it has to do with the crack down on the opioid crisis.

Yea it could happen but what is going to happen is more if the same that has been happening. No one cares enough about steroids to give a crap. Meets that drug test tell you that they are drug testing so you are fully aware of what’s going on. Cops and military people all run gear year round and it’s nothing new. I seriously doubt that all of a sudden they are going to start cracking down on gear. People use drugs that get them high and get in trouble or jailed for it. Unless you have done something silly no one gives a shit about your steroids. The tests are the way they have been for a while and there are reasons behind them. Like I said more of the same old crap just a different day.

I seriously doubt that all of a sudden they are going to start cracking down on gear..............
no one gives a shit about your steroids...............People use drugs that get them high.....
same old crap just a different day.

I disagree.

They are cracking down on it. Those drugs that people are using to get high, use the same route as gear and as a consequence are being caught. In fact, many times the raws are coming from the same place. Sure, packs are being received, but more are getting pinched than before.

Albeit, gear isn’t their primary motivation. More reason for us all to be a bit more cautious.

LowT

Back