• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Cheat meals?

Jlifts

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Do you guys incorporate cheat meals? If so, how often?

I’m cutting bf % right now, and have a strong urge to smash 6 full size crumble cookies lmfao.

If you do include cheat meals, what’s your go to???

I don't see an issue with a weekly or even 2x weekly cheat meal if you're not in contest prep.

If you're eating 6 meals a day 7 days a week that's 42 meals. You can't tell me 2 of those meals being junk is going to have a significant impact on your goals. You're still eating clean 95% of the time...

I don't see an issue with a weekly or even 2x weekly cheat meal if you're not in contest prep.

If you're eating 6 meals a day 7 days a week that's 42 meals. You can't tell me 2 of those meals being junk is going to have a significant impact on your goals. You're still eating clean 95% of the time...
I see you like #s.lol...well said..I'm more of a 75-80% guy myself 😂

Cheat meal = cheating YOURSELF.
Just bc its a phrase doesnt mean its productive.

Do you guys incorporate cheat meals? If so, how often?

I’m cutting bf % right now, and have a strong urge to smash 6 full size crumble cookies lmfao.

If you do include cheat meals, what’s your go to???
In order for me to keep sane I gotta cheat every so often but not to the point of feeling guilty afterwards.

Currently in a fat loss phase and get one untracked meal per week. Usually a burger joint, sushi or Olive Garden. I typically wake up lighter the next day and makes for some good pumps for my Sunday morning session since we usually go out Sat. night to eat..

I have always incorporated 2 chest meals a week. Always on the weekend when I'm away from the gym and around friends.

I’ve decided against cheat meals for now.

I’m pedal to the floor cutting before my cycle. I’m reaping every fucking gain I can from it when it’s time.

1/4 cup cream of rice . Cook in 1 cup unsweetened almond milk. Cook until soft enough to mix . Boil water and add to the cream of rice.

Mix 1 tablespooon of cocoa powder and 1 scoop of a good cookies and cream vegan protein or whey isolate

Add stevia for added sweet

Top with frozen strawberries

Stayed on your diet and killed craving completely 🙏

I do 1-2 cheat meals a week. Typically, I like to have those cheat meals on leg day. I don't do fast food but my wife will make something for the fam and I'll dig in. Just because it's a cheat meal doesn't mean it has to be hot garbage.

1 Day a week for cheats... unless cutting.

Im going against the grain. I decided to deadlift again so every meal is a cheat meal to get my lift numbers up again. I know Im going to hate the myself at the end of this cycle. When I actually care about being lean I only had cheat meals on the weekends during my rest days.

Im going against the grain. I decided to deadlift again so every meal is a cheat meal to get my lift numbers up again. I know Im going to hate the myself at the end of this cycle. When I actually care about being lean I only had cheat meals on the weekends during my rest days.
There’s a certain type of satisfaction in being just a big strong motherfucker.

I’d say there’s benefits to both. Good luck bro

There’s a certain type of satisfaction in being just a big strong motherfucker.

I’d say there’s benefits to both. Good luck bro
Fuck Ya!👍

One thing I've learned,

Don't rob yourself of enjoying your life for this shit. If a free meal off plan makes you happy, fucking go for it.

Now, the meal or experience making you happy is the point. If you eat this meal then feel like shit or REGRET eating it, then it's not making you happy, it's just you over eating.

Nobody on this forum, besides Killonb12 is an ifbb pro that I know of so there's no reason you should miss time with family and friends over a good meal unless you're in prep or, it won't make you happy.

I get 2 free meals a week and, usually never have one because I simply feel awful (gut wise) if I eat off plan. I can count on 1 hand the number of "cheat" meals I've had in the last year but, it's not because I'm hardcore, it's just what makes me happy and feel good.

When I do have a free meal, it's just higher calorie foods I would eat anyways. My guys know I'm big on the ole "Have a high calorie meal, big steak and potato with a big salad, sushi, double burger and fries" and even the rare "small dessert" when it's needed.

If you're using cheat meals, just don't go crazy with them. Enjoy and limit.

One thing I've learned,

Don't rob yourself of enjoying your life for this shit. If a free meal off plan makes you happy, fucking go for it.

Now, the meal or experience making you happy is the point. If you eat this meal then feel like shit or REGRET eating it, then it's not making you happy, it's just you over eating.

Nobody on this forum, besides Killonb12 is an ifbb pro that I know of so there's no reason you should miss time with family and friends over a good meal unless you're in prep or, it won't make you happy.

I get 2 free meals a week and, usually never have one because I simply feel awful (gut wise) if I eat off plan. I can count on 1 hand the number of "cheat" meals I've had in the last year but, it's not because I'm hardcore, it's just what makes me happy and feel good.

When I do have a free meal, it's just higher calorie foods I would eat anyways. My guys know I'm big on the ole "Have a high calorie meal, big steak and potato with a big salad, sushi, double burger and fries" and even the rare "small dessert" when it's needed.

If you're using cheat meals, just don't go crazy with them. Enjoy and limit.
I was reading through this thread and thinking the same things! If you’re in a hardcore prep phase for a show or something I’d say it’s a lot more justifiable to ignore ‘cheat meals’. But I was watching a YouTube clip the other day that said something along the lines of not taking your cutting meals to such an extreme that it’s at the sacrifice of your own happiness or even detrimental to your relationships!

I would agree with rdm. A cheat meal can be emotionally and mentally stabilizing. When I have ran cuts in the past and incorporated a cheat meal I would try to keep it at approximately 50% of my daily intake so if I was runny a 2000 calorie diet I would not utiliZe more than 1000 calories for it. Most of the time it was not really a cheat meal as it was a treat. Couple brownies, bowl of ice cream a milk shake. Something to mellow and console the mind.
The other side of the coin are the guys that turn it into a cheat day and one day turns into two, two to three and next thing they know is their diet is crap. Or the guy that eats 3 large pizzas every week but does little cardio, it can catch up.
So again, cheats, my rule of thumb is no more than 50% of my daily caloric in take. Never has failed me. I can’t really bulk worth a shit but when it comes to cutting I can hold my own. This method has never failed me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back