• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪IronMag Labs® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.ironmaglabs.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Becoming the Iron Lion

IML Gear Cream!
Fuuuuuck.

No training today but got called by the wife at work with a flooding living room last night. Upstairs toilet overflowed in the middle of the night and water was fucking everywhere. Flooded the bathroom, ran down into the floor into the ceiling of the living room, down into the walls, flooded the floor in the living room. A complete fuck sack.

Trying to find a contractor to give us a quote.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Better get it dried out quick before the mold starts growing. Mold can start growing in about 25 hrs, need lots of fans and dehus

Better get it dried out quick before the mold starts growing. Mold can start growing in about 25 hrs, need lots of fans and dehus
Got fans and stuff on it but haven't opened it up. Contractor came by this morning after I got off work to write us up a quote to submit to insurance. Hopefully we won't need to tear it all out and can use that money towards something else but, just want it fixed right.

Push today.

Got off work and met the contractor from 730-830 this morning. Looks like it might not be as bad as we had originally thought but, don't know until everything is submitted to insurance on what we can do.

Slept till about noon then got up to eat and train. Push went really well with 3 hours of sleep lol. Gained some reps on most stuff but lost one on Smith sp. I rotated this out to hammer last time but it was taken so I went back to Smith.

Back at work now and do it all again tomorrow with pull. Thinking about trying out a new gym but the one I go to is free and I'm a tight ass. The new gym looks really good and there are a few guys who compete there so I might do a week pass to see if it'll be worth the $40.

Check ins with myself in the morning to see if the diet and cardio change have done the job.
fedff7c4bdb5e259939b45fdbb577541.jpg

Tried the new gym today. Really liked it.

It's a Warehouse gym so it's a bit warm but they do have some ac going and big fans so it was probably 80 degrees instead of the 103 outside.

It's got everything I already use plus some stuff that's going to be very useful if I decide to start going here.

I went with a few exercise selections today to feel some machines out I was interested in and enjoyed them.

Hammer hi row instead of the single arm Pulldown I like. These hit good but the Pulldown would stay somewhere in the training.

A lying chest supported iso row. 3 spots to load plates so you can manipulate where it's heaviest.

Mag grip cable row.

A chest supported t bar that didn't crush my chest.

Strive bicep curl

Cybex "eagle" curl where you sit upright and your arms are against a pad.

They've got a couple Deadlift platforms with Jack's for loading.

Smith's that go all the way to the floor. Rdls and floor presses would go in on those

3 different hacks, one being the hack where just your ass and low back are supported.

Hip press

Iso leg press

Hip thrust machine

Reverse ham Glute machine

A lot of chest pieces I've never used and other stuff I can't remember.

I paid for a week pass so I could hit a few sessions before I decide what I'll do.

The biggest issue I'll have is getting used to the heat. I finished the entire half gallon of my intra before I even got to biceps today so, I'll need to push hydration harder before I go and start taking my 1 gallon yeti.

Rest day.

Slept till about ten and got up to prep chicken. It was earlier then I would have liked to get up but, body said its time.

Did my cardio after I go the chicken going and went back to sleep for a couple hours thankfully. It was a deep sleep too since it went by in like a second in my head. My awesome wife pulled the chicken out of the instant pot for me so I didn't have to get up.

Relaxing and trying to nap since then before I go into work tonight. Heat index today was 110 so I'm happy I'm on nights still lol. Cardio was warm but not terrible yet, only 30 minutes of walking can only be so bad.

Tomorrow I'll train legs at the new gym. Hopefully I'm able to hydrate enough and get enough food in before so the heat doesn't fuck my session up because I'm going hard.

Weight is still stuck. Pics show the lower back and legs tightening up though so I keep true to my plan.

Yesterday was legs.

At the new gym all there was a learning curve.

I learned their pendulum squat gets rediculously heavy at 5 plates. Took 5 for 6 reps and left one in the table. I'll get 8 next time. Backoff at 4 plates for 12

Iso hip press. 2 working sets with 5 plates per side for 16 and 14. These felt good and I feel them in the outer quad and hip.

Belt squat Sldl. 2pps for 14 and 12. Not a fan. Rom wasn't great.

Adductors 2 sets of 270 for 15 and 13.

Hack squat (where just your butt is in the sled) 1 plate and a 25 here for a cluster set at 25 reps total.

Glute raise machine be x fail 3 sets

The Pendulum crushed me so I'll adjust my stuff next time if I keep going here. The heat is rough.... Went through a gallon of intra before I was done and I didn't have a solid plan so it wasn't a perfect session. Will see what happens.

Rest today. Slept in and on my way to work now. Push tomorrow.

Push.

More new equipment so feeling out the sessions a bit.

Pec deck 2 working sets with the stack 15-12. They have gym pins here so I'll start progressing this where I can.

Pro maxima flat press. My flat press has been seated and this one is lying down. 3 plates a side for 11 and 8. Could have gone a bit heavier but it felt great there with slow tempo.

Hammer decline. 2 working sets 4pps 12-9. Will strap in next time since I lost some reps pushing myself out of the seat.

DB rear lateral ss Roger's machine press. This was pretty much a close grip press. 60's for 22, 20, 18 and 3 plates per side for 12, 10 and a cluster at 2pps for 22

Seated DB partial laterals ss triceps press down with prime grip. I love this prime adjustable Pulldown attachment. Felt perfect on the triceps. 60's for 20,18,15. 120 for 15,13,11

Abs after

That sucks, Im curious what caused your toilet overflow in the middle the night, thats bizarre

Pull day.

Excellent training session.

Officially signed up at the new gym so I'll be going there for the foreseeable future.

Today's session looked like this -

This hammer machine has the pronated grip at the top unlike the old one. I used this today to hit the upper back.

Pulldown was normal stuff

The t bar I used a mag grip, really liked that over a v grip.

The matrix row is pretty much like the cybex in the old gym but, the resistance profile is different. At contraction it's hard af. I might lighten this up and see what it does next time.

Bicep stuff
20b864530cadcda66a678b103a26c9fd.jpg

No training today AND I finally have a day off work. This will be my 2nd day off since getting back from vacation.

I tried to sleep in but my body said 4 hours was enough apparently. Did some errands and grocery shopping, (fuck grocery shopping, ordering online and having it delivered has ruined going to the store for me lol) cleaned up around the house and laundry. Made the family burgers and fries for dinner. I'll get in bed early tonight and get some good sleep before training legs tomorrow.

Adjuster came by the house 2 days ago and looked at the damage. He said I would hear back in 10-14 days on what they are going to cover up front. The quote I got was 15k so it's no small task but we'll see what they say.

Today's work.

Still getting used to the gym. Haven't really added any intensity techniques because I'm trying to find the base for my training but, I'm pushing to failure regularly.

The rodgers squat was interesting. If I loaded it on a certain peg it hurt my hips, on the other peg it felt fantastic. I'll be playing with this loading pattern so I don't have to use as many plates.

Stiff legs in Smith was great. This Smith goes all the way to the floor so I got a better stretch and didn't have to stand on a box to do so. That's always sketchy when it's heavy.

The leg press was one of those hinge leg presses and it was heavy AF. Felt amazing but it was hard to get out of the hole so I didn't do any cluster sets here. If I move my feet up on the plate, it's a small plate, I might be able to though. If not I'll work something else in.

Pre core Seated leg curl felt good. I will max this out next time so I'll need to find a way to load it.

Adductor was good. Found a bigger gym pin so I didn't have to strap extra plates down, it held 2 of them pretty well.

Hip thrust machine, I need to play around with this and find the right positioning for the brace and the foot plate. 1 plate per side was rather heavy.

Good session overall. Heat got me a couple times and I had to fight off puking but, we lived and fight again tomorrow!

Weight is down to 244. Tightened up quite a bit this week. Still have a good amount of fat that needs to come off though. At least 10lbs, I have a feeling ill make heavies again but I'll need to really push.
b603fa2beb4ef60eabc7e32a1ea2276d.jpg

Legs have improved a lot man
Adductor and hamstrings have definitely gotten better. Not squatting as heavy hasn't helped my quads though. They not nearly as full as they used to be but, they're holding on.

Push

Better today. Worked as I usually would and had a great session.

The shoulder press is one that comes together at the top and felt great but heavy af

Same with the Incline.

The flat press I can load heavier with a gym pin and it has neutral handles that I prefer for chest.

Everything else was pretty standard. Prime mag grip is my new favorite for triceps.

I'll work strength up from here as long as I can while coming down in weight.
ef005401e75986603b7448467e31c3d4.jpg

Adductor and hamstrings have definitely gotten better. Not squatting as heavy hasn't helped my quads though. They not nearly as full as they used to be but, they're holding on.

Didn’t do abduction for most of my lifting career, when I added it in was amazed at how fast I put on a few inches in my upper thighs

Pull from yesterday was very good. Now that I had a feel for what I used the session before I start to really push to load everything maximally.

Increased a good bit in most spots. I did a kneeling Pulldown instead of using a bench and I did not like it. Won't do that again. The close mag grip the was really good though,I'll keep that.

Prep and work and starting to catch up to me though. Mostly work because I am exhausted ALL the time. Took an extra rest day today instead of going to do legs, which is also a side effect of cramps in my quads and calves during sleep this morning. Had one in my right quad that seems to have tweaked my knee and, since I tore my Sartorius from a cramp in my sleep a couple years back, I'm obviously concerned.

I'll double down on calcium and magnesium since I can't forsee drinking any more fluid then I already am.

Also, indigestion has started from the tren, that and cramps are all I see when tren is used for any amount of time so they're not entirely difficult to deal with, just annoying.

Tomorrow I'll train legs.
8e5db2cf9484b6c0bcd263a4014da9db.jpg

Legs.

Got 8 reps on this heavy ass Pendulum squat vs 6 last time. I left one on the table last time though.

Threw in the belt squat instead of the hip press and it blew my quads up. Love it. Hard af too.

Adductor went up again.

Pulled Bb stiff leg dead with a pause in the hole instead of using the belt squat.

Instead of the sissy hack, I did a cluster set of extension and a cluster set of bw sissy Squats (didn't write it down) .

Did a glue kick back raise thing to. It hurt but I didn't use much weight and didn't log it.
8dcb0bc64a9b1faacd7fc4005bbb8ec4.jpg

Last couple training sessions.

Increasing weights and or, reps pretty much across the board. Finding a great groove with TRAINING right now. Strength is very very good and I'm very happy it's staying where it's at if not going up again.

Weight wise I've been stuck back over 244 (my lowest this "prep") and I'm hovering around 249. Weight going down isn't the end all be all but, I've reduced my carbs again and, added an extra cardio session without any change. I feel like I'm getting leaner and my pics show a slight change but, it's not as dramatic as I had expected.

Being patient during this phase because I don't want to push to hard to early but, it's getting harder to be patient. I'll see where I'm at after this week and from there I might just move to carb cycling with some pretty low days in the mix.
31ea4b24f8874152344713aa0b08cde0.jpg
943834082475497eef7cdd064a88e966.jpg

Leg day. Brutal session. Hot af so I struggled to keep enough fluids in to not go to shit. By the end of the session though I had gotten pretty low.

First time on the regular hack today. It's grindy, not very smooth so a good bit harder then my previous hack. I was scooting it across the floor with each rep as well.

This leg press is a behemoth. Biggest leg press I've ever seen in person. I only put 2 plates a side on it for my "pump" work and it was plenty. Had a catch in it as well in the hole.

42798548ba23ca087c1c7ed0512e2a56.jpg
b05e446502a85f43f34e78fea4c38d0c.jpg
3b6bbe7dd479eebeaf747dd08fc06239.jpg
7d03485d49b2a300b88cb9839e091135.jpg

Last edited:
Push today.

So, since I don't want to pull calories back anymore, and I don't want to add any cardio, I'll increase energy output by training a tad bit more frequently.

With strength going up and be stimulus from new exercises now is about the best time I could do it so I will. Today was intended to be a rest day but I trained push instead. Switched some things up but mostly the same.

Nice jumps on things from previous, decent pump to start but it didn't last and that's a sign that I'm pretty depleted despite whatever the Scale says. Flat, not fat. That's the mindset.
1f755be71eb89e2a324f4b61644a3c98.jpg

Off day, low carbs, cardio fasted.

Added 20mcg clen, I'm shredded af now.

Will train push tomorrow but we gotta take my doggo to the vet to have some lumps removed. Hoping it's not cancerous but it isn't looking good.

He is fine and he's has the lumps for a while but the vet wanted to take them out and then we'll see what they are.

Work til 6,vet at 7 maybe sleep, train, back to work.

Feeling rough this day. Took an hour nap after work then took the doggo to the vet. Got home and passed smooth out.

Got about 3 hours of sleep and my body decided to get up. Rather sore today and I'm guessing skipping the rest day caused it. Got my cardio in fasted and I'll wait to train until tomorrow.

Weight hasn't budged even with less then 100g carbs yesterday and no day over 200 all week which was leg day.

At a bit of a loss right now on what's going on but, I'll stick to the guns. I would usually think maybe a high high day of carbs is in order but I'm not ready to pull that trigger yet.

Good day. Pull went well and increased the numbers.

Pics from this morning show I'm much tighter then through the week. I've narrowed the issue down to one of two things, the most likely answer is sleep.

Full nights sleep the last two days pulled off a ton of water OR when I switched my gh injections to sub q from IM started having me hold water for whatever reason.

I had been doing all my gh im but got lazy and started sub q just for ease.

Either way, I look improved and this helped the mindset a lot.
f98938e7ba0599b1bdada7245e1a78e8.jpg
7e322e6601c45217525e60cc58863c5d.jpg

Yea bro nice.you tight not much water there.arms & quads huge.seeing quads like that the reason I been hitting legs more often it's main focus now.i train hard with all body parts,legs my weak point tho..anyways nice pics keep pushing

Yea bro nice.you tight not much water there.arms & quads huge.seeing quads like that the reason I been hitting legs more often it's main focus now.i train hard with all body parts,legs my weak point tho..anyways nice pics keep pushing
Thanks.

Quads are much better when I'm not as flat as a pancake but, they hold half decent volume as long as my cardio doesn't get crazy.

Here's my pills.....

Multi - Orange Triad

K2+D3 - 1 cap daily 90mcg K2, 5,000iu d3

Nattokinase - 2 caps daily 2,000fu per

Ultra omega 3 - 2 caps daily 250epa, 500epa

Carditone 1 cap daily

TUDCA 1200mg

T4 (I've been on thyroid meds since I was 12 and this dose as well) 150mcg per day

40mcg clen upon waking

50mg winny

50mg var

1 antacid daily
b1b926f6f881817ef1a1ee59f5688879.jpg

No training today.

Just had too much stuff going on and, despite my earlier thoughts, more rest has brought better results then more frequency even with the goal of pulling this fat off.

Did cardio fasted, drove a few hours to pick up my daughter from her mom, (she's been with her a couple weeks so I was missing her a bunch already) mowed, edged, raked, watered the yard. It's been a rough year for rain and my water bill had been crazy so I haven't watered much the last couple weeks but today I did.

Took care of client check ins.

I'll fix dinner for the family and enjoy the night off then back to the fun stuff tomorrow.

Back