• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🏋️‍👨‍⚕ Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! ⚕🏥

What is it about rice

Rice nerd

The rice no one really mentioned and tends to have the lowest Glycemic load is basmati. Its a type of long grain but not one of my favorites.

I eat lots of basmati, I like it with curry and Moroccan dishes

The rice steamer is a cool idea. My wife said I can’t get anymore kitchen gadgets cuz we ain’t got cupboard storage space and I’m “not keeping anymore shit on my counters”..

so looks like I’m stuck with old school method. Hiring the Asian lady down the road to cook me rice, of course.

alright you guys need to get your rice facts straight. First off "sticky rice" is a more of thai thing and they do use rice steamers and that variety of rice is called glutinous rice. It looks way different than what they eat in china. In china depending on the region you are from they eat either short/medium(japinoca) grain or long(indica) grain. If your rice from the Chinese restaurant is on the stickier side it is the short/medium grain. That is also the same rice used in sushi... and my favorite rice. In the usa it is readily available as "calrose" rice. Its not exactly the same but it is very similar and grows really well over here.

Brown rice sucks....
Calrose is the only rice for sushi

The rice no one really mentioned and tends to have the lowest Glycemic load is basmati. Its a type of long grain but not one of my favorites.
GL doesn’t matter unless you’re a diabetic. You’re also eating it with fats and/or proteins so it’s going to slow down digestion.

Cream Of Rice and protein powder FTW!!!

easy to digest

low in fiber

just pure clean fast digesting carbs.... thats why everyone eats it and it also goes good with almost anything

alright you guys need to get your rice facts straight. First off "sticky rice" is a more of thai thing and they do use rice steamers and that variety of rice is called glutinous rice. It looks way different than what they eat in china. In china depending on the region you are from they eat either short/medium(japinoca) grain or long(indica) grain. If your rice from the Chinese restaurant is on the stickier side it is the short/medium grain. That is also the same rice used in sushi... and my favorite rice. In the usa it is readily available as "calrose" rice. Its not exactly the same but it is very similar and grows really well over here.

Brown rice sucks....

Whoah watch out we got a rice guru…

giphy.gif

Get Shredded!
I made a nice leg of lamb and "halal cart" rice this past weekend and everything came out absolutely fantastic!!

I will post the rice recipe here if you follow it to the letter it will come out PERFECT! Guys its so good and it tastes exactly like halal cart rice. But what I did since you soak the rice & its still holding water I added 3 1/2 cups of water

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9feQJo4odzw&t=185s&ab_channel=CookingwithMitisha

I actually don’t eat much rice, it bloats me. I eat a lot of oats thought, cooked in almond milk seasoned with a little almond butter and banana.

Back