• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

What's your favorite Restaraunt??

GYMnTONIC

Super Moderator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Where do you guys like to go? Anything special you like to eat there???

For me (right now bc it can change)

I'd go with Cracker Barrel and Texas Roadhouse as my two favorites. Country Chicken w mashed potatoes, white gravy and corn.

Also a local Pizza Place called Anthonys'. My favorite Pizza ever and Calamari. Yum.

Do Cold Stone count as a restaurant? If so I love everything on the menu 😊

2 local/small family-owned Italian places do it for me... 1. Ralphies, 2. Tina's.

Sauce and meatballs taste like what our (wife and I) own families have made for generations.
(We both come from large Italian families, though I am only 1/2 Italian). My Ma is 100% and of course did all the cooking.
Wife and her family are 100%, so always quality Italian food around.

Even making (used to) their own pasta from scratch on occasion (wife's family used to but the grandma passed quite some years ago now).

When we find good

2 local/small family-owned Italian places do it for me... 1. Ralphies, 2. Tina's.

Sauce and meatballs taste like what our (wife and I) own families have made for generations.
(We both come from large Italian families, though I am only 1/2 Italian). My Ma is 100% and of course did all the cooking.
Wife and her family are 100%, so always quality Italian food around.

Even making (used to) their own pasta from scratch on occasion (wife's family used to but the grandma passed quite some years ago now).

When we find good
You will appreciate this I make my own pasta these are homemade cavatelli!! Killed it sunday
f65da6fcbcc7f1c1e5cac0dab81cc8a9.jpg

We like a place called Lamberts. Along with your meal they also walk-around with tubs of fried potatoes extra veggies fried foods and also throw rolls to you . You eat till you're over full . Hahaha

Texas road house (steak)
Down the Hatch in Daytona Beach
Olive Garden (tour of italy)
Olde Falls Inn(local) they have a Mexican potato. It's like a taco salad on a baked potato instead of a shell

Olive Garden even though they got rid of my two favorite entrees, but now I get the chicken and shrimp carbonara

Next best thing is the Japanese steakhouse, it’s one of those with the flat grill and the chef cooks your food in front of you and cracks jokes the whole time. Their steak and rice is killer. Best fried rice I’ve ever had.

There’s this Vietnamese place around here that had some damn good bone broth. Other than that I prefer family owned businesses and my own kitchen.

Cheesecake factory, filet mignon amazing and of course their cheesecake.

IML Gear Cream!
Galatorie's on Bourbon st., Antonie's and Commanders Palce just to name a few but many more in NOLA that just impresses everytime.

One of my favorites is Bonefish Grill. The fresh catch with cream sauce is great.

My wife cooks so good that we rarely eat out any more.

Sushi Ota in San Diego and Mikes American Grill in Virginia.

I wouldn't call it a restaurant, but there's this dumpster I always swing by on my way home and it's got burritos and enchiladas in it sometimes.

Every once in a while they'll be a pasta salad. On those days, I like to think Jesus is looking down on me. Saying here my son, enjoy the salad. God is good

I wouldn't call it a restaurant, but there's this dumpster I always swing by on my way home and it's got burritos and enchiladas in it sometimes.

Every once in a while they'll be a pasta salad. On those days, I like to think Jesus is looking down on me. Saying here my son, enjoy the salad. God is good

That was you ?

If you're ever in Houston area, you gotta visit this place. If you can't find something you like to eat there, there's something wrong with you. *Huge* variety, insane portions, and a dessert menu that didn't end. I also ate there one time with a lovely stacked russian blonde who dressed up a little bit like a school girl (short plaid skirt, jacket, etc). It was a nice night and I still remember it fondly. It's been 10-15yrs since I was there and I had to look it up from memory, but it still has great reviews.

Kenny and Ziggy's NY Deli

https://www.kennyandziggys.com/gallery

1. The Texas Roadhouse 25oz bone in Ribeye, steak fries, and a loaded baker
2.A. Pappasitos, grilled beef fajitas w/ onion, peppers , real fresh homemade corn tortillas, charro beans, guacamole, sour cream and a small cup of queso with chips as an appetizer
2.B. Pappdeauxs seafood

You will appreciate this I make my own pasta these are homemade cavatelli!! Killed it sunday
f65da6fcbcc7f1c1e5cac0dab81cc8a9.jpg

Looks like a shit ton of work. Bet it’s delicious though. Nothing like fresh made pasta with some homemade gravy.

Get Shredded!
In The Woodlands Tx, I loved Grimaldi's Pizza. It is a chain and the one in Tampa I have visited several times and is consistent with the TX location.

Pappasitos' has the only legit salsa in the Houston area and IIRC, the only guys that didn't serve warm salsa. Yes. warm salsa is the thing in Houston...yuk! I was shocked how bad the Mexican food was there. In fact, I discovered that it was mostly Central Americans working in the Mexican restaurants. Go figure? Like there's a shortage of Mexicans in Texas.

In D/FW there is some excellent Mexican food. Benito's in FW was a place I visited a couple times a week when I lived there.

Also in The Woodlands (and also a chain) is Pot Belly Deli. An Italian sandwich with the hot pepper stuff is excellent.

One thing we have learned is people have pretty bad palates in general. The really popular places here in Cabo and where someone will likely recommend are some of the worst. Maro's Shrimp House is nasty AF and you can smell the chorine from them rinsing possibly old shrimp when the plates come by. The most popular Italian place is Salvatore's and we didn't like it 10 years ago. But we gave it a second chance a few weeks ago and it was horrible as we remembered.

Looking at this thread I think it is sad that people are sort of limited to chain restaurants by the appearances. When I was a kid we rarely ate at any chains and had a huge selection of family owned joints to choose from.

Last edited:
For all the protein lovers out there, I recently ate at a Brazilian steakhouse, they had 16 different cuts of meat from chicken lamb pork and beef. It’s all you can eat, it was a meatheads dream.

Last edited:
All the good restaurants around me are not chain restaurants and get pretty expensive. You haven't lived until you have had a bone marrow toast with a whiskey luge app. I usually avoid high end steak houses and go for a seasonal fixed menu spot. or sushi... sushi is my favorite. you can eat a ton of food that is high protein high carb and low fat with out having to try to hard.

I’ve beeen there a number of times, they do have excellent service and the presentation is perfect, the desserts are awesome so it’s worth the cash. Capital is liken to Del Frescos which is also pricier than most but again the presentation and quality of every thing is top shelf.

But imho you won’t find a better tasting steak that a Texas Roadhouse bone in rib-eye in my neck of the woods. They literally have chefs that have been there 19-20 yrs at my local locations so maybe I’m spoiled lol

Either way this thread is making my mouth water hahaha

Ate at Del Frescos in The Woodlans in October and it was good as anything you could want/expect. Yes, a bit pricey. I didn’t dig spending $130 on a bottle of wine but at least it matched the quality of the dinner.

Back