• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

age? , weight?, goals? macros?

40y old 230lbs 10%ish bf , goal 215 5%bf im trying to figure out macros and calories
This is precisely what your coach should be doing for you

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

40y old 230lbs 10%ish bf , goal 215 5%bf im trying to figure out macros and calories

Do you have a Dexa/Hydrostatic or the like to show those stats?

Post up a picture so you can get a more realistic analysis of your BF%. I’d say it’s the biggest misconception people have about their own physique.

10% is a very difficult value to obtain and hold, especially if you aren’t even familiar with a strict diet/macro tracking.

5% will be tough. You'll need to calculate your maintenance calories and run a deficit (not too much, not too little) to reduce BF.

Why 5%? That is show ready, absolutely peeled.

Good goal!

Max

yeah i want to do a show but i want to see how i look at that % with size

- - - Updated - - -

shit isnt gonna be easy thats for sure. Its a challenge i gave myself

It will be quite an experience. Getting that lean, especially if you have mature muscle; you will see all the serrations in muscle groups! Always good to challenge yourself. My goal right now is getting equipment for the house. Hate not having all the freedoms of walking through any gym, any time. Took it for granted for sure. Good luck my man!

Max

It will be quite an experience. Getting that lean, especially if you have mature muscle; you will see all the serrations in muscle groups! Always good to challenge yourself. My goal right now is getting equipment for the house. Hate not having all the freedoms of walking through any gym, any time. Took it for granted for sure. Good luck my man!

Max
im trying to figure out hot to upload on here

Do you have the picture saved on your hard drive? Yes? Good.

Hit reply to thread

Below the text box, click Go Advanced.

Click Manage Attachments.

Choose file.

Then click Upload.

Then come back to text box and type, "Me at 10%" or whatever you want to type.

Crop out your face. It's not that we think you are ugly. It is for your safety and the safety of everybody here. Forum rule.

Hit reply to thread

what about tattoos

Choose file.

Then click Upload.

Crop out your face. It's not that we think you are ugly. It is for your safety and the safety of everybody here. Forum rule.
what a bout tattoos

Up to you.

Common tattoo? Who cares? Distinctive tattoo that is already on record as part of your prison file? You should probably cover it by editing the photo.

Hit reply to thread

Choose file.

Then click Upload.

It’s actually not a forum rule. Members are free to post their face if they want. It’s just not the best idea. You can post whatever personal information you desire to post about yourself, but no one else can. That is the rule about personal info.

How tall are you? If you’re trying to do a show, the best thing to do would be to hire a coach, as well as research the category you wish to compete in. They all have weight limits for your height. So 215 at 5’10” for classic physique wouldn’t work. You would need to be 197 at most, unless you fall into category C (5’10”-5’11”) in which you can be no heavier than 205 for example.

How tall are you? If you’re trying to do a show, the best thing to do would be to hire a coach, as well as research the category you wish to compete in. They all have weight limits for your height. So 215 at 5’10” for classic physique wouldn’t work. You would need to be 197 at most, unless you fall into category C (5’10”-5’11”) in which you can be no heavier than 205 for example.
im over 6'
im looking for a coach right now .
my diet has been in check for a while .

Sherk, thanks for correcting me about the forum rule. As for the category of competition, he posted in another thread he wants to do physique. There are no weight limits in physique.

i will be cool with 205 lbs at 5% . honestly i just wanna see my bottom abs

I'm not sure how accurate these charts are, but at the very least, you'll have a general idea of what you're working with. For me, its spot on, your mileage may vary CollageMaker_20200729_155300905.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Very accurate IME. Especially the 13-15%. A lot of guys say they are and after accessing them, they are 20-22%. Looks can be deceiving also.

Max

Get Shredded!
yes 5-7% is what im going for , i have a print out from inbodyusa i stood on a machine and held these 2 arms and this is what the paper says
weight 226.6lbs
total body water 155
dry lean mass 58%
body fat mass 10.1
pbf 4.5
smm 125.9bmi 29.1

yes 5-7% is what im going for , i have a print out from inbodyusa i stood on a machine and held these 2 arms and this is what the paper says
weight 226.6lbs
total body water 155
dry lean mass 58%
body fat mass 10.1
pbf 4.5
smm 125.9bmi 29.1

Those are notoriously inaccurate. It’s like stepping on one of the BMI measuring scales.

weight 226.6lbs
total body water 155
dry lean mass 58%
body fat mass 10.1
pbf 4.5
smm 125.9bmi 29.1
PLEASE STOP with all this bullshit. Dexa scan is ok. Hydrostatic weighing is ok. A good visual estimation from somebody who knows what he is looking at is ok (which is why we keep asking you to post pics). All the other methods are complete bullshit.

Calipers - when done well, by a person who knows what they are doing, has an error rate of +/- 6.9%. That means 10% could be anything from 3.1% (close to dead) to 16.9%, and anything in between. Basically, it is useless for measurement.

And the machine you stood on, oh, wow, please stop, you are making my head hurt.

Post up the pics if you want us to estimate. Or go do a Dexascan or hydrostatic weighing.

- - - Updated - - -

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/20040894/

Those are notoriously inaccurate. It’s like stepping on one of the BMI measuring scales.
right on the people who did the test gor me said it was accurate . i was trying to upload a pic with no luck. said there was an error.

right on the people who did the test gor me said it was accurate . i was trying to upload a pic with no luck. said there was an error.

Of course they said it was accurate, it was their product.

Dexa/Hydrostatic/Calipers/Photos

As everyone is saying. This isn’t bashing you, it’s trying to get you a realistic view of where you are at.

Of course they said it was accurate, it was their product.

Dexa/Hydrostatic/Calipers/Photos

As everyone is saying. This isn’t bashing you, it’s trying to get you a realistic view of where you are at.
im gett an error message when i try to upload pic

You can go to tinypic.com and upload it there.. it will provide a link to post directly onto forums.

Those are a useless waste of time. If you’re looking for accuracy over a guesstimate, or even worse, a machine making up what it wants by your weight and stats the tech plugs in, then order a dexa scan. They are fairly cheap and there are some that are mobile.

Those are a useless waste of time. If you’re looking for accuracy over a guesstimate, or even worse, a machine making up what it wants by your weight and stats the tech plugs in, then order a dexa scan. They are fairly cheap and there are some that are mobile.
i didnt know man . thanks for the info. i will upload a pic when i get it figured out

i didnt know man . thanks for the info. i will upload a pic when i get it figured out

You might need to shrink it down to fit forum sizing requirements. I don't know what they are, but I think I have had good luck with . . . ah, here. 169KB. Works just fine.

High definition photos might be a significantly larger size, so just shrink it down. You already see that 168 kb works, so try that.

Attachments

• IMG_0527 copy.jpg
    IMG_0527 copy.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 53
Back