• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

My home brew L-Carnitine.....

Just made another batch...this one is probably closer to 800mg/ml..

I usually do a B12 injection twice a week. I go to cardiologist every February for full physicals. My blood work has always been on point with the exception my test levels will very from year to year. The B12 I use is Methylcobalamin from my own research this is the best for injections not to mention it dissolves instantly. 1 gram will make a liter@1000mcg per ml. As for the ratios, they are general

For a liter of B12/MIC 1000mcg/25mg/50mg/50mg
1 gram B12 Methylcobalamin
25 grams Methionine
50 grams Inositol
50 grams Choline Chloride
1% BA
Thats it and I use a .2 filter.
Have you tried combining the mic b12 with a lower dose of carnitine? Similar to a lipo c?

Injectable L-Carnitine at 600mg/ml

55ml Sterile H2O
60mg L-Carnitine Base(only base powder, not acetyl, not tartrate....base only)
1.5ml Benzyl Alcohol
,22um/33mm sterile filter(I used 4 total)
Two 100ml glass vials

This is how I made mine.....

1. Take the crimp and the stopper off one of your 100ml vials(this is your mixing vial)

2. Measure out your sterile H2O into the uncapped 100ml vial.

3. I then heated the water in the microwave for appr. 30 sec. Then add your BA. Adding your BA to the warm water keeps the water from turning cloudy. Gently swirl for 20-30 seconds.

4. Measure out your L-Carn base powder and add it to the BA/sterile water solution. I would measure out 10G at a time and swirl after adding each to dissolve the powder.

5. Once you have all the powder dissolved put your stopper back on and then I would draw out 10 ml at a time and filter into my other 100ml capped vial. Remember to vent the vial you are filtering into with a sterile needle.

The tedious part is the filtering. Once I filtered 15-20ml your pretty much slowed down to a dribble. This is why I changed out filters every 20-25ml.

Let me know if you have any questions.
hi just tried to replicate your recipe first time
Home brewing I added 100ml of warm sterile water to a beaker then 1.5ml of ba

Then weighed and added 60g of l carn and mixed that into solution. Was cloudy but eventually became clear

Then drawer out of the beaker 10ml at a time and filtered the solution though a smd 0.65 /.2 um micron syringe filter also had another needle to vent the vial. Should everthing be good I wiped the vials before I poked them.

Did I do this right I still have left over product but I think it’s cause my vial is too small it’s says 100 ml I ordered the ones with the red tips from Amazon but I think they are slightly under sized they are also pre sterilized

Main concern is it should be perfectly sterile right and are there supposed to be bubbles in it like that?

Attachments

• IMG_6292.jpeg
    IMG_6292.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Yes.....solution looks good. I read through your steps and that is good as well. The tiny bubbles are really of now concern. They should dissipate over time.

If you used all 100ml of sterile water thats where you may have gone wrong. Remember that the L-carn takes up volume as well. In my recipe you only need 55-60ml of the sterile water for the conversion.

O I see where I went wrong so did use all 100 ml of sterile water only about 80ml fit into the vial is there a way you could help me figure out the concentration then. Would I need to add more ba because I added 1.5 ml to 100ml of water so that would make it 1.5 ba witch should be sterile

And I’m also slightly confused is 0.2 and 0.22 micron filtration the same thing?

Sorry for all the questions

Get Shredded!
Yes.....solution looks good. I read through your steps and that is good as well. The tiny bubbles are really of now concern. They should dissipate over time.

If you used all 100ml of sterile water thats where you may have gone wrong. Remember that the L-carn takes up volume as well. In my recipe you only need 55-60ml of the sterile water for the conversion.
Honestly thought that was a typo originally that you said 55ml of sterile h2o but that just shows my noobyness at all this.

O I see where I went wrong so did use all 100 ml of sterile water only about 80ml fit into the vial is there a way you could help me figure out the concentration then. Would I need to add more ba because I added 1.5 ml to 100ml of water so that would make it 1.5 ba witch should be sterile

And I’m also slightly confused is 0.2 and 0.22 micron filtration the same thing?

Sorry for all the questions
For the purpose of sterilization, 0.2 micron and 0.22 micron filters are indistinguishable. Their performance is the same, only the difference being the designation of their pore size rating.

IMO....no need to add any more BA.....should be fine.

If you used 100ml total of the bac water and 60G of L-carn base your concentration of L-carn is gonna be roughly 375mg/ml.

For the purpose of sterilization, 0.2 micron and 0.22 micron filters are indistinguishable. Their performance is the same, only the difference being the designation of their pore size rating.

IMO....no need to add any more BA.....should be fine.

If you used 100ml total of the bac water and 60G of L-carn base your concentration of L-carn is gonna be roughly 375mg/ml.
Thank you then ya I should be good to pin I bet it will have no pip at the lower concentrations too.

Thank you for the fast reply

Thank you then ya I should be good to pin I bet it will have no pip at the lower concentrations too.

Thank you for the fast reply
Every conversion I brewed never had any pain.

If you have any questions I'll do my best to help. Good luck.

Every conversion I brewed never had any pain.

If you have any questions I'll do my best to help. Good luck.
Is there a calculator online to get these conversations you have created or is this like somthing you have studied or you have lots of knowledge and experience in?

Also to clarify before I pin the l carn I made that is I added 1.5ml of ba to would be at a concentration of 1.5 ba per solution since I added it to 100ml of water.

I’m also thinking of doing your recipe tomorrow morning for the 600mg l carn since it’s been tried and true by you not sure how my fucked up batch will feel when I pin it.

Just nervous to take the first pin since it’s my first homebrew

what do you use for sterile h2o? I used sterile water for irrigation only it says not for injection but since I ran it though the filter I think it would be fine I also read people use distilled water?

Probably a dumb question but do you inject this in the actual areas you are looking to burn fat?

Probably a dumb question but do you inject this in the actual areas you are looking to burn fat?
No you inject it im best spots imo is glute or shoulder or quad. Tho it can be injected anywhere I have heard sub q or in the fat is very painful

Is there a calculator online to get these conversations you have created or is this like somthing you have studied or you have lots of knowledge and experience in?

Also to clarify before I pin the l carn I made that is I added 1.5ml of ba to would be at a concentration of 1.5 ba per solution since I added it to 100ml of water.

I’m also thinking of doing your recipe tomorrow morning for the 600mg l carn since it’s been tried and true by you not sure how my fucked up batch will feel when I pin it.

Just nervous to take the first pin since it’s my first homebrew

what do you use for sterile h2o? I used sterile water for irrigation only it says not for injection but since I ran it though the filter I think it would be fine I also read people use distilled water?
There are calculators for conversion to simplify the math and that way there are no errors. Most of the time I just trust my math.

Correct 1.5ml of BA in 100ml of total solution would equal 1.5%. Many make the mistake of not allowing the 1.5ml of total solution and just add 1.5ml to 100ml which would roughly equal 1.03%....which would be fine as well. Most of my conversions are 1%BA.

I use sterile sterile but you can use distilled water.....either will convert to Bac water. I would recommend sterile though. I've heard some use actual tap water......I'm not taking any chances

There are calculators for conversion to simplify the math and that way there are no errors. Most of the time I just trust my math.

Correct 1.5ml of BA in 100ml of total solution would equal 1.5%. Many make the mistake of not allowing the 1.5ml of total solution and just add 1.5ml to 100ml which would roughly equal 1.03%....which would be fine as well. Most of my conversions are 1%BA.

I use sterile sterile but you can use distilled water.....either will convert to Bac water. I would recommend sterile though. I've heard some use actual tap water......I'm not taking any chances
Thank you so much again for the knowledge man and fast replies. I see so weather I made the solution total 100ml of water and ba included or added the ba to 100ml after the fact then thr total would be 101.5 that would still be over 1 percent ba so sterile solution

Do you think sterile water for injection vs sterile water for (irrigation this is what I used)is any different. That is crazy to think of people using tap water. I’m with you not taking any chances on that

No you inject it im best spots imo is glute or shoulder or quad. Tho it can be injected anywhere I have heard sub q or in the fat is very painful

Thanks Eren, I take oral l carnitine now, I’d be interest in the injectable version

Thank you so much again for the knowledge man and fast replies. I see so weather I made the solution total 100ml of water and ba included or added the ba to 100ml after the fact then thr total would be 101.5 that would still be over 1 percent ba so sterile solution

Do you think sterile water for injection vs sterile water for (irrigation this is what I used)is any different. That is crazy to think of people using tap water. I’m with you not taking any chances on that
Correct.

This is what I found...
Sterile water for irrigation is NOT FDA labeled for any use as an injection in patients. Sterile water for injection, USP, must pass a particulate-matter test that sterile water for irrigation, USP, does not have to pass.

Sterile Water for Irrigation contains water that is sterilized and packaged for used as an irrigant. No antimicrobial agent or other substance has been added. The pH is 5.5 (5.0 to 7.0). Sterile Water for Irrigation is hypotonic with an osmolarity of zero mOsmol/L.

I'm sorry that I cannot give you a concrete answer but with the above statement of not having any agents or substances added would have me believe that its sterile water.

Hopefully someone else can chime in and give a definite answer.

Correct.

This is what I found...
Sterile water for irrigation is NOT FDA labeled for any use as an injection in patients. Sterile water for injection, USP, must pass a particulate-matter test that sterile water for irrigation, USP, does not have to pass.

Sterile Water for Irrigation contains water that is sterilized and packaged for used as an irrigant. No antimicrobial agent or other substance has been added. The pH is 5.5 (5.0 to 7.0). Sterile Water for Irrigation is hypotonic with an osmolarity of zero mOsmol/L.

I'm sorry that I cannot give you a concrete answer but with the above statement of not having any agents or substances added would have me believe that its sterile water.

Hopefully someone else can chime in and give a definite answer.
That a was great answer :) thank you again

Ya if it has no additives and or substances and no pyrogens then I think it should work just fine. I would probably get most if not all of the particles out of it by useing the filter too.

That a was great answer :) thank you again

Ya if it has no additives and or substances and no pyrogens then I think it should work just fine. I would probably get most if not all of the particles out of it by useing the filter too.
For sure.

Hey guys,

i have experimented myself with some injectable aminos and this right here might be the best place to share experiences as things are not yet fully understood and good info seems hard to find.

I have also managed to come up with a carnitine solution at about 800mg/ml.

40g carnitine base
20ml sterile water
0,5ml benzy alc

Did not need any heat.

It was really hard to filter. And in the end i blasted left over air through the filter which left a milky substance on top of the clear carnitine solution. So I decided to go for it one more time..I think its better to just leave the last drop inside the syringe to prevent a blowout.

My question is: in comparison to carnitine 800mg/ml that i bought, my carnitine is slightly more acidic (around 7.5, the one i bought must be around 8.5 - im using indicator strips) and when i inject it, i barely feel a thing (pain wise). Whereas when i use the bought version, it burns like hell and i better not touch the spot for the next 10 hours until the swelling is gone. Could this be due to the higher p.h. levels?

I have to say im doing it subQ - have done it for some months but now it almost feels like im running out of spots that dont feel sore from the injections of prior days. I had some yrs experience with inj. steroids etc. which all went i.m. and at some point it was just not doable anymore. So subQ it is.

I've read that you use sodium carbonate to raise ph levels and hcl to lower ph levels - has anybody had experiences lowering the ph of the solution? I can hardly tell which hcl is suitable, as most of them are not meant to be injected - also it seems really hard to come by some pharma grade stuff over here in europe.

which brings me to my next amino project.

I have repeatedly tried to create injectable arginine, but it always crystalized back once the solution cooled off.

When i combined it with other aminos, the solution was much more stable and only crystallized after a cold night, so it was pretty stable around room temp.

10g arginine
10g ornithine
10g citrullinie
20ml bac water

which resulted in about 250mg/ml of each compound. It burned a little but not nearly as much as the bought carnitine. I felt more energized but i believe the dosage could be a lot higher. Is there some other liquid that can dissolve more protein per ml?

The ph level also was around 8, so there might be some room for more acidity - and maybe prevent the solution from crystallizing even a cold temps.

This thread already gave me some new ideas for further experiments, but for now im looking for knowledge/ first hand experience on lowering ph levels and maximize amino content of solutions.

Success! 100ml of 600mg/ml. Smooth as butter and no pip. Way easier to draw and inject then all the research chem sites I've purchased from. Now I don't have to spend $45 min to purchase 20ml of Lcar. As mentioned above the only tedious thing was the filtering. Literally one drip drop at a time and my thumbs got a workout lol. Shoutout to 01dragonslayer for the walk through.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231214_161513_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231214_161513_Gallery.jpg
    816.2 KB · Views: 14
Success! 100ml of 600mg/ml. Smooth as butter and no pip. Way easier to draw and inject then all the research chem sites I've purchased from. Now I don't have to spend $45 min to purchase 20ml of Lcar. As mentioned above the only tedious thing was the filtering. Literally one drip drop at a time and my thumbs got a workout lol. Shoutout to 01dragonslayer for the walk through.
Excellent job my friend.

I’m confused at this, so how do you calculate exactly how much volume does L carn takes up ? Like I want to do a 90ml 500mg per ml.

I need 45g of l carn

And I’m using BAC water, so you said don’t add full 90ml, how do know how much volume does the 45g takes up exactly?

I’m confused at this, so how do you calculate exactly how much volume does L carn takes up ? Like I want to do a 90ml 500mg per ml.

I need 45g of l carn

And I’m using BAC water, so you said don’t add full 90ml, how do know how much volume does the 45g takes up exactly?
What I would do is get your beaker, add the 45g of l car in it. Add and mix in the bac water maybe 10ml at a time until you get up to the 90ml mark.

I gotta know... Does this shit really work??
If its Base raws... Shouldn't you shoot it a few times a day for stable levels?

Back