• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Underrated family vacation spot ??

JD1155

I love honesty and Shin is my homie
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Homies

I’m looking to take my kids away for a long weekend/ maybe 4 nights this summer. I’m based in Chicago area and would like somewhere within a day drive.

I know you homies have some places up your sleeve.

Let’s hear it

The key to getting tacos is a double order of rice on side

My daughter just took her kids to legoland down by Orlando the wife and I tagged along. The Legoland hotel Is a must when staying there we stayed at the beach retreat bungalows and they were super nice as well. The hotel has a fuck ton of activities for the kiddos they loved it!

Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH - nice amusement park, lots of stuff for the kids. Swing south to the Cincinnati area for Kings Island. Might be a great combo!

Depending where in Chigago area Deep Creek Lake is 8-9 hrs away in Maryland. We rented a house there last August, had a blast. Rent some pontoon boats, jetskis, pretty good food around the lake. Not sure how soon you are trying to go.

Cedar Point, Sandusky, OH - nice amusement park, lots of stuff for the kids. Swing south to the Cincinnati area for Kings Island. Might be a great combo!

Great call bro

Depending where in Chigago area Deep Creek Lake is 8-9 hrs away in Maryland. We rented a house there last August, had a blast. Rent some pontoon boats, jetskis, pretty good food around the lake. Not sure how soon you are trying to go.

They’d love that

Homies

I’m looking to take my kids away for a long weekend/ maybe 4 nights this summer. I’m based in Chicago area and would like somewhere within a day drive.

I know you homies have some places up your sleeve.

Let’s hear it

The key to getting tacos is a double order of rice on side
It would be a lonnngg days drive but The Castle in the Sand in Ocean City Maryland is a great hotel ON the beach and the whole town is full of cool activities for kids and adults.

Ocean City Maryland and stay right on the boardwalk. Its beautiful, its got tons of shops and restaraunts, attractions, nice beaches and even arcades and amusement park on the beach/pier. Ive vacationed alot of places but tbh this was the most family friendly place I have tried. Bring lots of money though, its not cheap LOL.

Disneys ok. Been there a million times. The kids will love it, but you and your wife will need a vacation, "after" the vacation.

Deep creek is nice but it’s choppy, but that’s what you get when you have all of the amenities. Personally I like it.

The Yough River lake is a better option if you want to waterski and all that stuff and it’s in the same general area, but it’s controlled by the USACE so it doesn’t have the amenities. It’s a lot less populated.

There are AirBnBs though and still some decent grub within a reasonable drive.

Chicago?

Doesn’t Minnesota have like 7000 lakes?

Be one with nature… and a pontoon boat.

Havnt been but I kno a few that have been to those massive water patk places in wi.

Back