• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

replacement therapy

Plt

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have been given a unique opportunity to present a policy and procedure for testosterone replacement therapy to my employer. My direct chairperson is liberally active with the progression of hormone replacement with in both male and female. My female counterpart has been given the opportunity to do the same for the estrogen replacement therapy (although this has been regulated for decades). Together we will be providing the total policy, procedure and treatment plans for testosterone and estrogen replacement. This will then be presented to the correct individuals for further analysis and make changes as they see fit.

As members here have had real world experience I thought it would be appropriate to ask for any input that people may have. I am hoping that this plan will help in the advancement of HRT in both male and female. I am writing this to have total test levels at the mid to low high range of normal.
Assuming the people whom have come to the clinic for this type of treatment have no other abnormities – ie CA of testis, thyroid disease, adrenal gland infiltrates, ect. That would affect the natural testosterone level. This plan will include auxiliary meds to control main side effect levels using Amerasin at 12.5 to 25mg qd and HCG at 500units q wk.
Base line lab values are to be done at the beginning of therapy to establish the health of the individual as well as q six months for two years to control other side effects of injecting test. These would include but not limited to fasting lipid panel to include cholesterol, serum calcium, serum potassium, T3, T4, thyroid 1 uptake, hepatic studies, PSA, and of course test levels and estrogen levels.
Once therapy starts, we would draw labs q 2 weeks until the desired level of test is reached, once obtaining that level, lab draws will cont. q 2 months for a total of 6 months to adequately assess correct levels, once reached and maintained at the current dose, labs will cont. yearly for as long as the person continues on the therapy.
Starting dose of test E or C would begin at 200mg q 2 weeks or 100mg q week up to 400mg q 2 weeks or 200mg q week and maintained there after.
In addition to the axillary med being used, depending on the lab values and assessment of the person other prescribing meds maybe used to control adverse side effects of using test in a healthy person- ie synthyroid, cal, kcl, hypertensives, anti cholesterol and if any hyperlipidemia meds that may be needed

As stated in the second paragraph, I just to see if you guys had any input on the look of this type of protocol

Thank you for all the tips and suggestions, finally got the final copy in.

Hey Pit, are you saying that you would prescribe Aromasin at 12.5 to 25mg every day? That might be a little over kill at those doses. And depending on the compounding pharmacy might be really really expensive. I think the average price at a HRT clinic right now for an ancillary such as Arimidex(anastrozole) is about $3.00-$5.00 a pill at .5mg - 1mg per. Aromasin (exemestane) I think is more expensive.

I'm on my iphone, so tell me if I'm reading this wrong. I do like where your going with this though, best of wishes on this and keep us informed, Please!

That's a good thought, depending on what the insurance would cover for the person, would determine which medication would be given. The amount given would be determined by resulting lab values for that person, thank you for your input, the real world experiences is some thing school can not teach

Your employer is most enlightened or you are staff of a HRT Clinic? Or both?

I have an advanced pract degree, which is a real fancy way of saying I work in a clinic/Hosp that is trying to undertake the expanding field of HRT

I have an advanced pract degree, which is a real fancy way of saying I work in a clinic/Hosp that is trying to undertake the expanding field of HRT

Expand the crap out of it and make everyone aware of its benefits please. My life is so much better since I got on TRT. Most docs aren't knowledgable enough about TRT or there just aren't enough studies on its benefits.

Back