Masterclass - Intermittent Fasting

Sunrise Pharma

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
ASF Members

I have been hitting the fasted cardio seven mornings per week at an "18 hour fast" period daily for six Months and have dropped 68 lbs of body fat as well as some muscle mass reduction and am maintaining it. Started at 273lbs in Sept 2022, and have been hovering at a very lean muscular 205 lbs.

After many years of competing in three event Power lifting in both the 242lb then 275lb weight classes, I retired from the sport. I then changed everything up and competed in the NPC as a bodybuilder. As you competitive strength athletes know, the strenuous training sessions while adhering to meal prep, carb depletion times, extreme consistent cardio sessions and pre-contest cutting, can wear an athlete down. I have never seen such extreme results as I have experienced with the Intermittent fasting. In my onion, this is a great program for the athletes that do not compete in a strength sport, but train in strength athletics.

Intermittent fasting is a true eating plan that switches between fasting and regular meal plans. It is a great way to lose body fat, manage your weight and even prevent or reverse some forms of disease, such as Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease and other illnesses.

It is completely about “when” you eat!

There are several different ways to do intermittent fasting, but they are all based on choosing regular time periods to eat and fast. For instance, you might try eating only during an eight-hour period each day and fast for the remainder. Or you might choose to eat only one meal a day two days a week. There are many different intermittent fasting schedules.
Research indicates that after hours without food, the body exhausts its sugar stores and starts burning fat. This is called “metabolic switching”.
You should research as I have done with this article, as there are so many different approaches. Watching your intake is super important but easily manageable.
I will personally tell you all that this is an awesome way of living a great lifestyle, full of energy and healing capabilities.

The intermittent fasting and pre cardio is the absolute answer!

I would like to see your feedback on this Post, as I am "balls deep" into this and want to hear from other members of how they might tweak it up a little.

Best Regards,

Casey.
casey@sunrisepharma.co

DirtyIron14

Registered
Reaction score
Been trying to work it out with my work schedule. One week I'm on nights another days, and another a double or three. Never know, really throws everything off. People make it happen so just gta make a routine out of the lack of a stable one.

GasmanX

Registered
Reaction score
I messed with IF for about a year. I loved how it trained me to realize I did not need to eat first thing in the morning and I could accomplish what I needed to in a fasted state. I did find myself undereating on protein. I eventually went back to a traditional non time restricted eating schedule. I have done both and prefer the traditional way, first meal is just non fat greek yogurt with whey mixed in. If its working for you and you like it, keep doing it brother!

Jlifts

Registered
Reaction score
I would intermittent fast 24/7 if I could, very enjoyable for me, never get hungry.

The only problem I have had especially bulking, is getting in enough food. However, now that I am cutting, I’m fasting 18 hours eating 6. Down to 217.3 as of this morning from 234 end of “bulk”.

DirtyIron14

Registered
Reaction score
I would intermittent fast 24/7 if I could, very enjoyable for me, never get hungry.

The only problem I have had especially bulking, is getting in enough food. However, now that I am cutting, I’m fasting 18 hours eating 6. Down to 217.3 as of this morning from 234 end of “bulk”.
If you're counting calories about how many are you currently taking in?

DirtyIron14

Registered
Reaction score
2,640 —297P/198C/73F
Thanks bud. Roughly where I'm trying to shoot for. I have the right foods going in. Struggle with eating enough going back and forth between days and nights. Shakes have been helping cuz i can chug em down and go back to sleep

Jlifts

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks bud. Roughly where I'm trying to shoot for. I have the right foods going in. Struggle with eating enough going back and forth between days and nights. Shakes have been helping cuz i can chug em down and go back to sleep
It’s been good to me so far. Only doing 20min of cardio a day and losing around 1-2lbs a week.

Jlifts

Registered
Reaction score
Use one day to prep all your food, doesn’t have to be crazy. Even if that means just cooking up 2 packs of chicken breasts and bringing 2-4 to work in a ziplock bag. Hardboiled eggs, I like the sweet and spicy flavored packs of tuna. I focus on protein and the rest of the shit falls in place usually.

DirtyIron14

Registered
Reaction score
Use one day to prep all your food, doesn’t have to be crazy. Even if that means just cooking up 2 packs of chicken breasts and bringing 2-4 to work in a ziplock bag. Hardboiled eggs, I like the sweet and spicy flavored packs of tuna. I focus on protein and the rest of the shit falls in place usually.
That seems to be the best idea for me. Nothing to it but to do it.

Bando

Registered
Reaction score
Been doing it for years now. Started with a 16/8. Probably more like 18/6 now but I’m not strict with it. These Glp-1 drugs sure have made it easier. But I started doing it using kratom to curb my appetite.

But yeah, fasting for life for me. Most days at least. I think it helps with insulin sensitivity too. Good post

Sunrise Pharma

Board Rep
Reaction score
2,640 —297P/198C/73F
@Jlifts

JLifts my Brother... 2,640 —297P/198C/73F... and "IF" included. You are "SPOT ON" Holmes. Other Members in our community here should look at this intake while hitting the "IF" and recognize your reduction in bodyfat with your posted bodyweight.

Your meal prep looks great too! This info that all of the members replied with is great to see. Everyone helping everyone. Nice job!

Best Regards,

Casey.
casey@sunrisepharma.co

Sunrise Pharma

Board Rep
Reaction score
Title - Masterclass “Intermittent Fasting” Lose 50lbs in 90 days

Greetings ASF Family,

Please check this article out as, I have improved my status on this Intermittant Fasting program and please share it with your friends and loved ones that hope and try to lose weight! It is AWESOME!!

I have hit the fasted cardio seven mornings per week at an "18 hour fast" period daily for five Months and have dropped 70 lbs of body fat as well as some muscle mass reduction and am maintaining it now for Months afterwards.

After many years of competing on the platform in three event Power lifting I retired from the sport. I then changed everything up and competed on the stage as a bodybuilder. I now train to stay lean and fit.

I have never seen such extreme results as I have experienced with the Intermittent fasting. In my opinion, this is a great program for the athletes that do not compete in a strength sport, but train in strength athletics.

Intermittent fasting is a true eating plan that switches between fasting and regular meal plans. It is a great way to lose body fat, manage your weight and even prevent or reverse some forms of disease, such as Obesity, Type 2 Diabetes, Heart Disease and other illnesses.

It is completely about “when” you eat!

There are several different ways to do intermittent fasting, but they are all based on choosing regular time periods to eat and fast. For instance, you might try eating only during an eight-hour period each day and fast for the remainder. Or you might choose to eat only one meal a day two days a week. There are many different intermittent fasting schedules.

Research indicates that after hours without food, the body exhausts its sugar stores and starts burning fat. This is called “Metabolic Switching” When you fast, several things happen in your body on the cellular and molecular level.

For example, your body adjusts hormone levels to make stored body fat more accessible.

Your cells also initiate important repair processes and change the expression of genes.

Here are some changes that occur in your body when you fast:

• Human Growth Hormone (HGH): The levels of growth hormone skyrocket, increasing as much as 5-fold. This has benefits for fat loss and muscle gain, to name a few (4Trusted Source, 5Trusted Source, 6Trusted Source, 7Trusted Source).
• Insulin: Insulin sensitivity improves and levels of insulin drop dramatically. Lower insulin levels make stored body fat more accessible (8Trusted Source).
• Cellular repair: When fasted, your cells initiate cellular repair processes. This includes “AUTOPHAGY”, where cells digest and remove old and dysfunctional proteins that build up inside cells (9Trusted Source, 10Trusted Source)
• Gene expression: There are changes in the function of genes related to longevity and protection against disease (11Trusted Source, 12Trusted Source).

These changes in hormone levels, cell function and gene expression are responsible for the health benefits of intermittent fasting.You should perform research just as I have done with this article, as there are so many different approaches. Watching your intake is super important but easily manageable.

I will personally tell you all that this is an awesome way of living, a great lifestyle, full of energy and healing capabilities.

The intermittent fasting and "Pre Cardio" is the absolute answer!

Best Regards,

Casey.
casey@sunrisepharma.co