• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs® ANDRO HARD- Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

L-Lysine for dummies

Castaway

OG/ ?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Lysine and bodybuilding for dummies. Me being the dummy...super basic info

I know this is super basic but I want to start posting short profiles on essential and non essential amino acids just for reference

Lysine is an essential amino acid involved in protein synthesis , recovery, and muscle growth .

What is lysine? And what are its functions in the body?

Being an essential amino acid our bodies cannot make it natural so it must be supplemented via pills or food.

It is involved in several biological functions, including protein synthesis, energy production, calcium regulation, tissue growth and repair, and collagen production.

The Benefits of Lysine for Bodybuilders muscle growth

Supports bones and joints

Lysine aids in calcium absobson aiding in healthy bones and joint health and strength.
Lysine is important in hormone production

I'm no endocrinologist but research has told me Lysine plays an important role in insulin, HGH and even Testosterone production. Feel free to elaborate if you have more in depth information on Lysine and hormonal production

It's obviously a key component in muscle building

Being an amino acid it's role in anabolism is crucial by building complete proteins which obviously rebuilds muscle tissue post workouts.

**On a side note L-Lysine is good for skin health.

I find 1000mg daily is an effective dose but some may disagree.

Input is welcome. More amino acid profiles coming soon hopefully

Lysine and bodybuilding for dummies. Me being the dummy...super basic info

I know this is super basic but I want to start posting short profiles on essential and non essential amino acids just for reference

Lysine is an essential amino acid involved in protein synthesis , recovery, and muscle growth .

What is lysine? And what are its functions in the body?

Being an essential amino acid our bodies cannot make it natural so it must be supplemented via pills or food.

It is involved in several biological functions, including protein synthesis, energy production, calcium regulation, tissue growth and repair, and collagen production.

The Benefits of Lysine for Bodybuilders muscle growth

Supports bones and joints

Lysine aids in calcium absobson aiding in healthy bones and joint health and strength.
Lysine is important in hormone production

I'm no endocrinologist but research has told me Lysine plays an important role in insulin, HGH and even Testosterone production. Feel free to elaborate if you have more in depth information on Lysine and hormonal production

It's obviously a key component in muscle building

Being an amino acid it's role in anabolism is crucial by building complete proteins which obviously rebuilds muscle tissue post workouts.

**On a side note L-Lysine is good for skin health.

I find 1000mg daily is an effective dose but some may disagree.

Input is welcome. More amino acid profiles coming soon hopefully
Gonna try to cover all amino acids

It’s an essential AA, so yes your body can’t synthesize it / convert other AA’s to it, but it’s out there in a lot of things fortunately. Corn, beans, dairy, nuts. And remember 1000mg is just 1g. Like your posts.

Back