• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Insulin use

Get Shredded!
I tell everyone to stay away from insulin. It’s a powerful hormone.

Let me Give you an example.

You take you insulin, and you eat but you are sick and your body stops digesting food and a you the throw up and can’t eat or drink. BG drops, you get confused and pass out on floor. Or you try to drive yourself to er and crash or get pulled over by police and become combative and get served and protected.

This exact scenario happened to me a few weeks ago, except I didn’t pass out. Had to go to er and get intervenous dextrose to bring my bg up from 35.

Also remember that I am very experienced with insulin and it’s effects and feeling lows and can handle them better than a nonconstant user.
You went to the ER for a 35? And you’re trying to call me out? Lol

You went to the ER for a 35? And you’re trying to call me out? Lol
No call out, I was generally curious. I see how you hit a vein now having no body fat.

I went to the er because I couldn’t stop throwing up. My cgm said I was in the 60s, at the er I was at 35. Every time I threw up my BG tanked according to the er staff. I’m diabetic too.

Sick dude, I bet you weren’t sub 8% bf when you were shooting lantus. I’ve also shot insulin for awhile, and all it took was one time.

I shot my belly into an ab vein. I had zero subq fat, which was another issue, as the lantus liquid crystallizes and becomes slow release by binding with fat.

Google lantus lows.
I was in a lantus study years ago. Only thing I remember from it was switching from morning injections to night injections or the other way because of over night lows.

I doubt I was as cut as you were then. lol. But is use a pump now and don’t have to shoot it anymore. Wonder what would happen if I did put my canula in a vein with R U500? I’ll have to ask my endo.

All good, not calling you out.

No call out, I was generally curious. I see how you hit a vein now having no body fat.

I went to the er because I couldn’t stop throwing up. My cgm said I was in the 60s, at the er I was at 35. Every time I threw up my BG tanked according to the er staff. I’m diabetic too.
Oh, you should’ve mentioned you were diabetic. That’s a fucking diabetic emergency man. Glad you pulled through.

Hypoglycemia for diabetics is a whole different level.

I was in a lantus study years ago. Only thing I remember from it was switching from morning injections to night injections or the other way because of over night lows.

I doubt I was as cut as you were then. lol. But is use a pump now and don’t have to shoot it anymore. Wonder what would happen if I did put my canula in a vein with R U500? I’ll have to ask my endo.

All good, not calling you out.
Sorry, I’m grumpy on prep and on tren. Understood, I was reading some diabetics were actually petitioning to pull lantus off the market because of its mechanism of action for the extended release.

I don’t think that would be fun to put that in a vein lol.

Sorry, I’m grumpy on prep and on tren. Understood, I was reading some diabetics were actually petitioning to pull lantus off the market because of its mechanism of action for the extended release.

I don’t think that would be fun to put that in a vein lol.
lol. All good bro.

No shit about lantus. I have different long acting insulin my endo gave me if my pump fails. I’ll have to look into it if it acts the same.

lol. All good bro.

No shit about lantus. I have different long acting insulin my endo gave me if my pump fails. I’ll have to look into it if it acts the same.
Tresiba works differently. It doesn’t have the same risk as lantus.

Oh, you should’ve mentioned you were diabetic. That’s a fucking diabetic emergency man. Glad you pulled through.

Hypoglycemia for diabetics is a whole different level.
lol. Sometime I write and must think I typed it at some point.

Yeah, being diabetic and sick sucks. I had bolused earlier for pizza, lotta of carbs and threw it all up after I noticed my glucose wasn’t rising. Luckily my soon to be ex is still in the house but will be a whole new game when living alone

I likely will use lantus again in my off season…not likely 100% will lol. I will only ever shoot it into my glute fat though

Risk mitigation. Ever thought of getting a glucagon kit for emergencies?
I’ve been at a 32BG and totally fine lol. I think it’s really hard for non-diabetics to die from insulin, as the body releases glucagon and glucose stores from liver during hypo episodes.

I’ve been at a 32BG and totally fine lol. I think it’s really hard for non-diabetics to die from insulin, as the body releases glucagon and glucose stores from liver during hypo episodes.
Diabetics livers still do that. Lot of variables when using 100% exogenous insulin vs a little. I can eat the exact same meal on different days and take the exact same amount of insulin and my body will react differently to the carbs and insulin depending on what I have done that day. One day I may be at 120 vs 70 the other day an hour after the meal. Just so many variables: exercise, stress, sleep, mood etc.

Watching a sporting event will spike my BG high without eating or drinking any carbs if I really into it and its a close game.

When I was first diagnosed if I dropped below 70 I would just start to sweat profusely. My friends would look at me and be like Jesus dude are you OK?

Back