• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Forged by Fletcher INFO-SERIES: EPISODE 2: Iodine and why you should be supplementing it!

Fletcher

Alpha Patriot/AAS Veteran/H&B REP
Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Ok, there is soooo much to talk about and I dont have the time to sit down and write it all out in my own words. (So much of this is copy/pasted from various sources).

Bottom line, IODINE IS ESSENTIAL to almost EVERY biological function in your body... and its simply not in abundance in the soil or food anymore.

This first section will be the background info, and then Ill post about sourcing and dosing... there are MANY forms of iodine and they are NOT all the same!

That iodized table salt is shit. Anyway, more on types later... heres some copy/pasted MUST KNOW INFO on Iodine....

Iodine is a trace element that is naturally present in some foods, is added to some types of salt, and is available as a dietary supplement. Iodine is an essential component of the thyroid hormones thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). Thyroid hormones regulate many important biochemical reactions, including protein synthesis and enzymatic activity, and are critical determinants of metabolic activity.

Thyroid function is primarily regulated by thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH), also known as thyrotropin. It is secreted by the pituitary gland to control thyroid hormone production and secretion, thereby protecting the body from hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism [1]. TSH secretion increases thyroidal uptake of iodine and stimulates the synthesis and release of T3 and T4. In the absence of sufficient iodine, TSH levels remain elevated, leading to goiter, an enlargement of the thyroid gland that reflects the body’s attempt to trap more iodine from the circulation and produce thyroid hormones. Iodine may have other physiological functions in the body as well. For example, it appears to play a role in immune response.

Seafood, eggs, milk, and milk products are among the best sources of iodine. Vegans, people with certain food allergies or lactose intolerance, and others who consume no or minimal amounts of these foods might not obtain sufficient amounts of iodine .

Iodine deficiency has multiple adverse effects on growth and development and is the most common cause of preventable intellectual disability in the world.

Getting enough iodine can boost prostate health, increase testosterone, maintain thyroid health, boost immunity, improve brain function, improve erections, virility, and much more.

If you’re a man looking to improve your life and avoid a slew of serious health problems, keep reading to see how iodine benefits men of all ages.

Nearly half of all iodine is stored in the glands like the testicles, thyroid and pituitary glands.

All of these glands are important for the production of testosterone, which is important for sexual, bone, and muscle health.

A deficiency in iodine production can actually lead to an increase in estrogen production, known as the “female” hormone that no man wants an abundance of.

An increase in estrogen can lead to enlarged breasts in men and can cause sexual issues related to erections and virility.

Low levels of testosterone have also been connected to increased rates of prostate cancer and even breast cancer in men.

Iodine is an essential element for prostate health.

With fewer men getting enough iodine in their diets these days, there has been a significant increase in men with prostate issues.

The body’s endocrine system is regulated in part by iodine to function. Iodine concentrates in the body’s glands like the prostate.

When iodine levels are low, the normal structure of the prostate is compromised and cysts can begin to form.

If the iodine deficiency continues, these cysts can turn into solid nodules and can eventually lead to hyperplasia, which is precursor to prostate cancer.

Increasing iodine intake can help ensure a healthy prostate.
Increasing levels of iodine through supplementation can help the entire endocrine system, regulating levels of testosterone that are so critical to a man’s health.

A deficiency in iodine production can actually lead to an increase in estrogen production, known as the “female” hormone that no man wants an abundance of.

An increase in estrogen can lead to enlarged breasts in men and can cause sexual issues related to erections and virility.

Low levels of testosterone have also been connected to increased rates of prostate cancer and even breast cancer in men.

Increasing levels of iodine through supplementation can help the entire endocrine system, regulating levels of testosterone that are so critical to a man’s health.

One thing that most men become self conscious of as they age is hair loss.

Your receding hairline or that bald patch in the back of your head could be related to a deficiency in iodineAnother one of the major iodine benefits for men is maintenance of your teeth and bones.

The thyroid gland needs plenty of iodine to produce the thyroid hormones that help to promote bone growth and maintain healthy teeth.

In the case of your teeth, iodine also plays a vital role in the formation of enamel, the hard outer layer that protects them from acids in your diet.

Enamel is primarily composed of calcium and phosphate, and iodine is used by your body to get these minerals into your teeth.

In men who lack iodine, this process breaks down…

And over time, the enamel will become weak and prone to decay, leading to dental cavities and other oral health problems.

In addition to its role in tooth development, iodine is also extremely important for bone health.

Your bone is constantly being remodeled and reshaped throughout life, with old bone being broken down and replaced by new bone tissue.

Iodine intimately is involved in this process as well.

Specifically, it functions by regulating the activity of osteoblasts and osteoclasts, the cells responsible for bone formation and breakdown.

If you want to avoid osteoporosis as an aging man, you need more than just calcium supplements.

You also need adequate levels of iodine to get the calcium, phosphate and other minerals and into your teeth and bones so they can function properly.

Theres more...

So important boys. Don't take it lightly. Great post. Solid follow up to Ep. 1 Fletch

View attachment 126566
I researched the decline in iodine levels in the soil and food... (US & Canada) (yes, Im a nutrition geek) and the decline in testosterone levels in men (US & Canada) and the curves are almost identical.
We have seen a massive increase in obesity and decrease in testosterone levels, as well as a massive increase in mental health issues... these are related, 100%

I put myself and MANY others, male & female, all diff ages on iodine supplementation and the results are dramatic.

Proper iodine & pancreatin supplementation can prevent and alleviate MOST of the most common health issues affecting western society.

I have some other great episodes coming in 2024!

I want you guys and your families strong and physically/mentally healthy.

A storm is coming, you need to be strong.

Thanks Fletcher for the article. Thanks HighCotton for posting a picture of what you use. I just ordered some off Amazon to give a try. Thanks to both of you!

IML Gear Cream!
@Fletcher Maybe one on American food sources vs European? Good example, wheat.

People need to use iodine before jumping on thyroid meds. A lot of the reason people have metabolism issues actually just because they're deficient in iodine.

Iodized salt is fine, but you can take supps to if you think you need more.

Fletcher, can you take too much iodine? I saw a label online says 3 drops daily that totals to 1600mcg.

People need to use iodine before jumping on thyroid meds. A lot of the reason people have metabolism issues actually just because they're deficient in iodine.

Iodized salt is fine, but you can take supps to if you think you need more.
*Potassium iodide in salt is not elemental (pure form) and its at very low levels.

Fletcher, can you take too much iodine? I saw a label online says 3 drops daily that totals to 1600mcg.
You can take "too much"... but starting from deficient, you need extra to get to a proper level... for the most part, whatever isnt absorbed just gets flushed.
Dont fall for the system's scare tactics on "overdosing" iodine.

Ive taken over 2000mcgs everyday for a month straight with no side effects at all, except feeling great!

You can take "too much"... but starting from deficient, you need extra to get to a proper level... for the most part, whatever isnt absorbed just gets flushed.

Ive taken over 2000mcgs everyday for a month straight with no side effects at all, except feeling great!
I should try that. I had iodine tabs, and I got the lowest dose just to be safe, 150mcg twice a day is what I would take.

The other major benefit is protecting your thyroid from radition!
Cell
Wifi
Microwave etc...
Most people live in areas saturated with wifi, cell, and microwave radiation.

Im going to follow this that you said:

Minimum 200mcgs per day, but, starting from a point of deficiency, 1500mcgs for 2 weeks, 600 for another 2 weeks, then 2-400 per day.

I should try that. I had iodine tabs, and I got the lowest dose just to be safe, 150mcg twice a day is what I would take.
Tabs are potassium iodide, so thats a diff story. I would not use tabs. I dont use tabs.

You want elemental (Nascent) iodine in liquid form.

download (29).jpeg

Get Shredded!
Iodine with the Pancreatin I should be golden! You’re a wealth of knowledge thanks man!

Iodine with the Pancreatin I should be golden! You’re a wealth of knowledge thanks man!
If I could only have 2 supplements for the rest of my life... those would be the 2.

⚠️ IMPORTANT⚠️

Either put the drops under ypur tongue straight up... or dillute with DISTILLED water!

Water or other liquids that have minerals can result in the iodine bonding with them and changing form, or becoming useless.

Any certain time to take them? Or just get them in and thats it?
Pancreatin is best before food, so its there to help.
Iodine is best in the morning bc it will increase metabolism, energy levels and mental activity.

Thanks as always! Been implementing the pancreatin since your info series on it. I’ll start utilizing iodine also. I’m sure during this cut it’s a bit deficient anyways

Bump for the weekend readers
💪😎

Back