• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Forearm Tendonitis Help

SharpTack

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’m halfway thru my first proper cycle. Lean bulking on 400test, 250primo and HGH. Getting fckn ripped but my pull days are suffering.

Been battling tendonitis in my forearm. Topside near the elbow. Hammer curls, reverse curls and chinups are the worst. Ive tried bpc157/tb500 IM at the site and some curcumin supp with mild relief. Anything else I can try? I don’t wanna kill this momentum but ive already had to back off pull day intensity.

message therapy. I tell everyone to go to massage. Not the chinese bullshit washy washy places. Go to legit white people massage place. They are trained and in just a session or 2 they get these problems worked out.

Have you tried removing hammer curls, reverse curls, and chin ups from your routine?

This is what I did when I had a similar issue. Just adjusted my exercises to other movements that didn't irritate the tendon until it was healed. Couldn't do hammer curls, so I strapped up and did "drag curls" with lat PD bar. Lat raises irritated it? I swapped it out for landmine bar shoulder press. There's a fuck ton of movements you can incorporate - it just takes some experimentation to find alternatives that don't affect the tendon.

I started using sleeves, dropped the weight on those exercises, and used these for therapy:

THERABAND FlexBar, Tennis Elbow Therapy Bar, Relieve Tendonitis Pain & Improve Grip Strength, Resistance Bar for Golfers Elbow & Tendinitis, 3 pack, Light-Medium-Heavy, RED/GREEN/BLUE https://a.co/d/8SJQacS

Took awhile to get better, also used boc157 and tb500

IML Gear Cream!
This is what I did when I had a similar issue. Just adjusted my exercises to other movements that didn't irritate the tendon until it was healed. Couldn't do hammer curls, so I strapped up and did "drag curls" with lat PD bar. Lat raises irritated it? I swapped it out for landmine bar shoulder press. There's a fuck ton of movements you can incorporate - it just takes some experimentation to find alternatives that don't affect the tendon.

it's normally the answer. The most simple things. If a movement causes you pain and issues don't do it.

Super helpful thx Jimmy. Next pull day will be full on experimentation. I could use some variety in my routine anyway. I got straps on order.

I started using sleeves, dropped the weight on those exercises, and used these for therapy:

THERABAND FlexBar, Tennis Elbow Therapy Bar, Relieve Tendonitis Pain & Improve Grip Strength, Resistance Bar for Golfers Elbow & Tendinitis, 3 pack, Light-Medium-Heavy, RED/GREEN/BLUE https://a.co/d/8SJQacS

Took awhile to get better, also used boc157 and tb500
Hadn't considered sleeves and the FlexBar looks interesting. THANK YOU

Removing all bicep work probably wont harm much and may allow you to keep up with the back training i have done that before.
As well as just using machine that supports the upper arm which allowed me to keep training biceps just with good form and lower intensity.
I had what i thought was tendonitis once for quite some time and a buddy mentioned he went to his chiro with the same issue and turned out it was slightly dislocated. And the chiro manipulated it and most all pain gone immediately. I went home and did the same thing to myself and 85% of the discomfort was gone. And the rest went away shortly after. But it sounds like yours is probably a tendon, but just something to keep in mind is it is not healing.

What I did!!!

Wearing carpral tunnel syndrome wrist braces when I sleep and wearing wrist wraps/braces when I lift has significantly reduced pain in that area for me.

I know a lot of guys will say wrist wraps and shit are weak sauce, I used to think that way too, but it’s worth it to me now lol

I have right elbow tendinitis and the pain can be extreme. Nsaids and rest is the only thing that takes care of it once it flares up.
Don't try to push thru the pain cause trust me it only gets worse if you don't let it rest

Ice and massage, get the blood flowing. The key is to find things to do that don't irritate it so much you actually do need to work them and it just do nothing for months. Try different grips, neutral, prorated, supimated, isometric holds. I had bad pain in that area too and u can do alot with different grips

Hang from pull up bar, mash up the soft tissue in the area (assuming no serious trauma), work forearm extensors with micro band, lacrosse ball the hell out of it, rinse and repeat.

Back