• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Sciatica pain

I just went through this.. My old boss,, who is my very good friend has major back issues and has been pushing his Chiro on me for 15 years, I finally went.
When she explained this to me it clearly made sense for my issue in just the lower left area, and how compensating resulted in issues all over everywhere else. Of all the adjustments she did,, the one particular that was the game changer was the lumbar spine manipulator, laid on my said raised leg up and bent while on my side and she just slammed her weight on my bent upper leg and things just pop..

It went away.. I felt cured for a moment, but I needed to go back a few times after to really keep things aligned. You'll need to go back within a weeks time, and from there its just maintenance visits..
Here's a pic of what she explained to me.. She adjusted both sides, but the one side needed it most, where you see those wing like things (articular process?!?!?) had to look that one up), that's where the issue was and ran down my glute/leg.

From there lots of stretching, knees to chest, knees across, one straight leg, one bent.. I did this for a good while and slacked off.. The slacking has now brought back the sensitivity. Any slight spinning, pivoting from cutting something on the counter and rotating with feet planted to place something in the sink will activate it.. No joke.

The guys all above suggested a Chiro, like my boss/friend did for me, wish I did it sooner.. TAKE THEIR SUGGESTIONS!

JtHqdSl.gif

I have also had clients that went straight to the ER and had surgery after a chiropractor manipulation.

They had a bulging disc or herniated disc and the twisted manipulation tore what was left of the annular fibers.

Chiropractor works best when facet joints are stuck and there is instant relief.

You aren’t going to get that with bulging or herniated soft tissue extruding into an epidural space pressing on a nerve.

So beware. It isn’t for everyone and it doesn’t serve everyone well either.

Neither does surgery or therapy.

Just depends

Okay, so this is a good treatment approach for “sciatica” if the cause is nerve entrapment via bulging or herniated disc.

Use of only a cold pack 15 min. As often as needed but minimum 3 times a day.

No heat.

Extension McKenzie exercises until symptoms subside.

Followed by core stabilization especially transverse abdominus muscle and multifidus muscles (you need to look these up).

Positional distraction (see pic). The side facing the ceiling is the pinched nerve side. 20 min duration.

Must go prone (preference is onto elbows if tolerated) for 5 min.

Follow with a cold pack supine with knees supported.

If your nerve symptoms are do to spinal stenosis this won’t help you. In fact, McKenzie exercise might make it worse.

This is a treatment protocol I would implement as a physical therapist plus 20 years.

Keep in mind, as we get older, the gelatinous disc is drying up.

So chances of a bulging disc or herniated disc actually goes way down. Truth.

f33e6f74f93e3fbb1fd2cef28cfcf1ac.jpg

I have also had clients that went straight to the ER and had surgery after a chiropractor manipulation.

They had a bulging disc or herniated disc and the twisted manipulation tore what was left of the annular fibers.

Chiropractor works best when facet joints are stuck and there is instant relief.

You aren’t going to get that with bulging or herniated soft tissue extruding into an epidural space pressing on a nerve.

So beware. It isn’t for everyone and it doesn’t serve everyone well either.

Neither does surgery or therapy.

Just depends

Without seeing a CT, and just reading the little information I posted about my instance, if you were to make a wild guess, and with your expertise what would you assume that she was able to manipulate and relieve for myself?
It literally felt like a million bucks..
In the picture that you have, you will see a line that represents a indentation in the skin on the lower back, the one I'm referring to is on the lying down side.. that is in or around the region where my pain was.
It was great for a while but now it's coming back slowly.
If I turn or move too quick or stand up too quick I feel it. But if I rest my elbows on the counter or something nearby to relieve the weight, within a few seconds I'm able to stand upright again and it goes away 100%.

Without seeing a CT, and just reading the little information I posted about my instance, if you were to make a wild guess, and with your expertise what would you assume that she was able to manipulate and relieve for myself?
It literally felt like a million bucks..
In the picture that you have, you will see a line that represents a indentation in the skin on the lower back, the one I'm referring to is on the lying down side.. that is in or around the region where my pain was.
It was great for a while but now it's coming back slowly.
If I turn or move too quick or stand up too quick I feel it. But if I rest my elbows on the counter or something nearby to relieve the weight, within a few seconds I'm able to stand upright again and it goes away 100%.

It’s hard to say.

BUT, my hunch is foraminal stenosis and arthritis.

Based on the symptomatic relief you got after the chiro treatment.

Probably early stages.

It’s hard to say.

BUT, my hunch is foraminal stenosis and arthritis.

Based on the symptomatic relief you got after the chiro treatment.

Probably early stages.

I have absolutely no clue what that is, but I did my research and looked it up and it seems like you're on point, or at least in the right direction with the wild guess.
Because that's exactly how it hurts it's just on the one side in one particular spot.

I have absolutely no clue what that is, but I did my research and looked it up and it seems like you're on point, or at least in the right direction with the wild guess.
Because that's exactly how it hurts it's just on the one side in one particular spot.

You can certainly try the positional distraction to open up the spaces… use cold packs.

However it could be part structural and IDK how close to a “no pain” scenario you can get.

Distraction via an inversion table might help too.

Back