• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Tear or strain??

Void

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I’ve been having some strong pain in my tricep since training Wednesday and it’s got me fairy paranoid. I’ve never torn a muscle so I’m not familiar with the feeling. It’s pretty much a constant feeling of discomfort, but feels the most painful/very tight when my elbow is flexed and tricep lengthened. It’s like an extremely intense soreness.

There was no sharp pain during training or any point, no discoloration or bruising, and if there is swelling it’s mild. It didn’t occur while training but a few hours afterwards it started to get tight. But it is constant. I also didn’t do anything heavy for triceps; just one pressing movement at 25-30 reps.

Every tear I have had, even the tiniest, has had a fair amount of hemmorage after. If you don’t see red, purple or green, probably just a strain.

I’d say a strain as well. Avoid triceps and pressing movements until its healed to make sure. And keep icing it.

Sounds good/mildly relieving. Thanks fellas

Every tear I have had, even the tiniest, has had a fair amount of hemmorage after. If you don’t see red, purple or green, probably just a strain.
This.

I had a minor tear in my Sartorius a couple years back and the fucker bruised and swelled up bad.

Best part? It tore from a cramp in my sleep. Epic shit right there.

This.

I had a minor tear in my Sartorius a couple years back and the fucker bruised and swelled up bad.

Now that’s talent

I think I mentioned in another thread that I am currently stronger than I have even been. I have been getting significant results in my back development, a part which was always lacking in one way or another. My wife noticed and asked “Why now?” and the only thing I can think of is that I am SUPER focused on EVERY rep and when I am done, I do one or two more reps.

My point, as related to this thread, is that my wife is now seeing hemmoraging across my scapula/rhomboids area after every back day.

So do I back it down or keep going? My brain says to just keep at it.

I think I mentioned in another thread that I am currently stronger than I have even been. I have been getting significant results in my back development, a part which was always lacking in one way or another. My wife noticed and asked “Why now?” and the only thing I can think of is that I am SUPER focused on EVERY rep and when I am done, I do one or two more reps.

My point, as related to this thread, is that my wife is now seeing hemmoraging across my scapula/rhomboids area after every back day.

So do I back it down or keep going? My brain says to just keep at it.

This is where I am as well, similarly. I’ve been making good progress running DC training, more than I have in years. Clearly based on this thread I’m going to have to avoid pressing movements for a little bit. But now I’m at an impasse as to what to do for my upper body days.

As for your issue I’m obviously not one to be handing out advice since I’m the one asking question. But personally if I didn’t feel pain I’d keep going. The hemorrhaging would definitely be concerning though. If it’s happening and you’re not feeling any pain I’d say maybe it’s a skin issue due to the increased growth. If it gets worse/or you start to feel pain I’d say then maybe considering lightening up a bit on the training side. But speaking for myself, I couldn’t ever force a ceasefire if I wasn’t hurting.
Probably how I hurt myself in the first place though

Yes, I wonder if it is just the skin tearing from the fat and muscle. As I stated before, each time I had a muscle tear there was significant bruising…like very nasty looking bruising.
The only pain I feel is the appropriate muscle pain. But my pain thing is out of whack. If you have seen some of my posts over the years you will see I operate with a pretty fucked up skeleton. I don’t use pain medications and rarely NSAIDs and my ability to accept pain is pretty remarkable.

At this point in my life and “career” in BB, I am just going to plug on. If I make it to the Master’s Nationals in 2024, great. If I am injured badly before then I will just do my planned old guy shrivel up draw down a little early.

IML Gear Cream!
Usually there is good bruising with tearing, but not always. And generally I've used bruising to judge "how bad" something is. Buuuuut....I snapped my calf muscle a couple years back and there was very little bruising with it. Like scary how little there was. And it was probably one of the most significant tears I've ever had. Went to the sports doc, got scanned, the whole 9 yards. Hobbling for weeks bad. If I hadn't been in pain and known something happened to it, I probably would never have noticed the bruising...it was that light.

Listen to your body. Micro tears/ruptures are more common than snapping something completely loose. And speaking of snapping, tendons/ligs don't bleed much (and also why they take longer to heal). So if it is close to a joint, be *very* wary.

Tricept is always a difficult call because of the network of tendons and ligaments, play it safe as others have suggested, and I have had to stretch fingers because of forearms and finger tension effecting the triceps

This.

Ah the good old Sartorius. good times

20131113_202922.jpg20131114_193811.jpg

Ah the good old Sartorius. good times

View attachment 68730View attachment 68731

Yikes. Yeah my issue was thankfully a far cry from this.
Did as everyone recommended and took about 9 days off training triceps directly, and swapped my chest and delt movements to fly types. As of the last 3-4 days it’s been pain free and I trained triceps yesterday without any pain.

Back