• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🏋️‍👨‍⚕ Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! ⚕🏥

When NOT to train?

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
It seems like 1-2 times a year I end up getting the crud. I always wonder if I should take time off and recover.
Assuming you are not contagious, how do you know when to take time off?
What is your opinion?

If I’m sick I don’t train. I’ll feel good while I’m training but after I’ll feel even worse.

never train when you have the crud .
1. you can pass it to others
2. you weaken an already strained immune system, eat and hydrate and I dont mean just water , electrolytes and supps.

Your advice is much appreciated. This confirms what I was thinking.
I guess it wasn’t too hard for SamGraves to pick me out as someone from the South. Thanks again.

Training sick...never yields any good results...period..

Training sore... usually ends with an injury..

Neither is wise..!!
North or South

IML Gear Cream!
There’s what you should do and what I actually do. What I actually do is crawl into the gym until I get to the point that I don’t even feel like getting out of bed.

There’s what you should do and what I actually do. What I actually do is crawl into the gym until I get to the point that I don’t even feel like getting out of bed.

Boy that sounds like No Fun..pass

I used to train no matter how I was feeling but nowadays I’ve learned to just stay my ass at home. Ive gone to the gym 6 days a week for years now so a few days here and there isn’t going to kill me. Plus obviously I get better quicker if I drink tons of water and sleep. Seems like when I’d train through being sick I’d be sick for like a week.

Well, I spent about a week out of the gym. I’m feeling great and back to training as usual. Thanks for the advice. Lesson learned.

If you could sleep 9.5 hours a night, presumably on holiday you weren’t training aggressively, and still feel “not rested,” then you REALLY should get your sleep apnea treated enrgifitness. Personally I would go the CPAP route first unless your ENT convinces you that the surgery is a slam dunk and CPAP won’t work for you, for some reason. i don’t know if this will address the weak/dizzy/gray episodes, but it should go a long way toward making you feel better and allowing you to recover from training.

Time off when sick is wise for swifter recovery. Your body is already fighting to rebuild torn muscle fibers after a workout. When you are sick its a double whammy!

Back