• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Primo or Mast causing increased acne

Urbn40

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I have noticed when I run masteron that I experience significant increased acne. This lasted about 3 weeks causing mild shoulder scarring. Immediately when I came to that conclusion dropped the masteron and the acne subsided. Ever since I've had that experience I have not used masteron again even though I loved the effects that I had from it. I recently for the 1st time have been using Primo and and I'm noticing some of the same symptoms of acne though not near as bad as masteron. During the time I was running either the masteron or primo my test was in between 2 and 300 mg every week. Can anybody offer suggestions on how to decrease acne with either of these compounds?

Last edited:
I am trying a low dose doxycycline and so far so good. I'm only couple weeks in and so far looking good

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I am trying a low dose doxycycline and so far so good. I'm only couple weeks in and so far looking good

I'm using doxy as well right now. Keeps me pretty clear although I run a higher dose.

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

I have noticed when I run masteron that I experience significant increased acne. This lasted about 3 weeks causing mild shoulder scarring. Immediately when I came to that conclusion dropped the masteron and the acne subsided. Ever since I've had that experience I have not used masteron again even though I loved the effects that I had from it. I recently for the 1st time have been using Primo and and I'm noticing some of the same symptoms of acne though not near as bad as masteron. During the time I was running either the masteron or primo my test was in between 2 and 300 mg every week. Can anybody offer suggestions on how to decrease acne with either of these compounds?

Both mast and primo are dht derived, so if you get acne from one, you'll most likely get acne from the other. What doses were you running of each?

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me

what is considered a high dose? Im taking 100 mg/day right now for a bit-
Funny thing is I am on no AAS and havent been for 3 weeks- did some PCT that ended last week.
I keep getting these nasty boils that take forever to go away
I'm using doxy as well right now. Keeps me pretty clear although I run a higher dose.

Last edited:
what is considered a high dose? Im taking 100 mg/day right now for a bit-
Funny thing is I am on no AAS and havent been for 3 weeks- did some PCT that ended last week.
I keep getting these nasty boils that take forever to go away
200mg/day for me... I built up a tolerance over the years

Both mast and primo are dht derived, so if you get acne from one, you'll most likely get acne from the other. What doses were you running of each?

I Didn't Choose the Swolle Life, The Swolle Life Chose Me
300 Masteron and 200mg Primo

300mg Mast and 200mg Primo and it sucks cause I loved the Mast effect and had high hopes for Primo

Derivatives of DHT will do this, winny gets me worst than mast alone...

I stopped using winny just for this reason.. It destroys me, I turn into a creature, its awful, my wife gets upset because she actually feels awful for me that I'm walking around like that, and how painful they can be.. Like why do this to yourself attitude.

Beside antibiotics, I have a great skin program that I follow and it helps.

Start this program prior to use and you'll have the added advantage. I do use accutane and anti's when its bad.. But right now I'm on 400mg of MastE once a week and I had my breakout, and its some what tamed now.

I will be changing my dosages soon with a lot of short esters so Im a but worried, because its been years that I ran the combo with all these short esters that I have planned..

Derivatives of DHT will do this, winny gets me worst than mast alone...

I stopped using winny just for this reason.. It destroys me, I turn into a creature, its awful, my wife gets upset because she actually feels awful for me that I'm walking around like that, and how painful they can be.. Like why do this to yourself attitude.

Beside antibiotics, I have a great skin program that I follow and it helps.

Start this program prior to use and you'll have the added advantage. I do use accutane and anti's when its bad.. But right now I'm on 400mg of MastE once a week and I had my breakout, and its some what tamed now.

I will be changing my dosages soon with a lot of short esters so Im a but worried, because its been years that I ran the combo with all these short esters that I have planned..
I was waiting for this dude to chime in. He is the Proactive acne doc for ASF. Always there and helping me sleep through the night

IML Gear Cream!

Methods for treating hormonal and steroid related acne
5a8311fb03956011ca4b004e30edcfaa.png

By Vision
Team P.S.L.

Before I waste time talking about what can trigger acne, like "estro levels", bacteria, hormonal fluctuations etc etc, I'll get right to the point and talk about treatment..Your treatment will be done in phases and I promise it will have amazing results..

Go to a local Dollar Tree, or Dollar General (whatever there's a main/huge dollar store chain in your area)..You can purchase products there for pennies on dollar compared to name brands that range from 4-8$ at leading stores.. Major savings, plus you can bath in these due to how inexpensive they are..

First - You'll need Salicylic acid wash, there's actual a few different types when it concerns the product carrier vehicle..There's a cleanse white cream (body wash) & there's liquid soup body wash salicylic acid.. You'll need both as I will explain a bit later..
Secondly - Pears Glycerin soap.. This is not made with any synthetic compounds,dyes,perfumes nor does it possess anti-bacteria agents (these are not good for the skin as they will kill off good and bad bac,leaving exposure for more acne onset, there needs to be a balance)..
Pears glycerin soap is actually over 200 years old, and is one of the best products you can use for your skin. It doesn't over dry your face which can trigger your dermis/glands to produce more sebum to accommodate the excessive dryness, this is NOT what you want..The healthy balance with pears glycerin/transparent soap has been proven and derma-tested, and highly recommend over conventional synthetic soaps. (Avoid dish soaps or other soaps claiming to be heavy grease removal properties, these can induce greater outbreaks like I stated above, by way of hindering the balance of good/bad bacteria and by over drying)..
Thirdly - apple cider viniger - Apple cider vinegar is so great for curing acne because it returns the acidity to our skin and restores that acid mantle. It also kills bad bacteria, removes excess dirt, oil and dissolves dead skin cells that may clog pores causing sebum to back up and formulate a cystic like acne.
Fourth - you'll need non-petroleum replenishing aloe vera, body gel for damaged dry or sun burn skin..( this will come into effect when using apple cider vinegar and 10% benzoly peroxide, which can burn and over dry the skin at times, it soothes, replenishes and restores the balance in the skin without causing more brake-outs on the effected area, plus its great for after sun-tanning/beds)

Below is a pic of what the products/brands may look like..If you notice the small travel size spray bottles, this you can use by filling with apple cider vinegar and use while out on the road..Easy, just spray effected area and/or cotton ball and rub area gently avoiding and small abrasions or irritation (avoid rubbing excessively, because small nicks and scratches or abrasions can trap bad bacteria and cause further unwanted acne)
acne.jpg

AM shower

1) When bathing use the pears soap ( avoid rags or bushes/sponges etc etc, due to trapped bacteria that may linger, and to avoid skin abrasions), wash thoroughly, and repeatedly until skin feels squeaky clean ( I mean this literally)

2) Apply Salicylic acid body wash immediately after and repeat the same wash principles with the pears soap..Allow this to sit on the skin without washing away for several mins, during this phase use Salicylic acid cream wash (non petroleum) and apply to acne areas and let sit..Rinse after several min.

3) Using a new clean towel to dry off effected areas first before the rest of your body..Once out of the shower and full dry, apply the 10% benzoly peroxide to generously to effected areas and around, rub in until white color dissipates..You can apply more with a paste base for areas that wont be seen!

4) During the day utilize the apple cider vinegar with spray bottle to effected areas, let it air cool, do NOT wipe it dry..It may tingle or even sting, this is a good thing..

5) (late afternoon) Use a mixture of 10% benzoly & non-petroleum replenishing aloe vera, body gel on effected areas.. You'll need to mix the both in palm of hands, just a little bit this time and spread/rub on effected areas..

6) Repeat step 1 and 4 before bed..

( During the night if you awake, have the apple cider vinegar bottle on your night stand, and spray area and let air cool)
Do this for 3-5 days.. If your acne doesn't begin to clear up you can become more aggressive with step 4 by employing it multiple times, with the addition of a 10min tanning bed session, however tanning beds are a hub for bac and are known to increase/agitate more acne..You could also clean your bathtub with bleach (killing all bac), then fill with the hottest water you can stand and soak with Epsom-salt for 20mins)..

If you find this treatment to be ineffective, I would suggest contacting your physician and requesting a script for Bactrim, this is a SUPER POWERFUL antibiotic that has amazing properties for targeting the dermis layers and ridding almost all acne, with lasting effects..

One last tip, I like using a daily cover-up that will target acne as a treatment option, but doesn't trigger an onset of more, however it needs to be Salicylic acid based..Below is one that I use for spot treatment to not only treat the acne at its spot, but to somewhat hide it, and give me that sense of confidence back without feeling like there's a huge beacon light shining on my face for everyone to see..You'll need to find what shade fits you best.. I have a darker skin tone so 70+ is what I use..
acne2.jpg

Last but no least -Avoid these facial pad scrubs, like I mentioned prior about micro skin abrasions and irritation, these are notorious for being a culprit to prolonging the unwanted presance of acne, by allowing bad bacteria to penetrate the opened areas and formulate NEW acne.. However, if you use these, I soak them in my very own cock-tail, apple cider vinegar and use them to "dab" the area.
Also the addition of Tanning bed sessions at small time frames from 5 -15 mins x 2 a week can also assist with combating recurrences atthe same time slowing down existing acne. An other great method is 4 cups of Epsom salt 2 x a week in a hot bath soak, not only is this very healthy for the skin and sore muscles but it can neutralize and dry out acne and kill bac levels with just about all types ofacne..You can alter and tweak due to skin sensitivity if need be..

acne1.jpg

Ketoconazole shampoo 2%
HBU3FGKFG81WlH6ncZHbyHyP7CPx8Yz_eQ3m7Op7ZJ8A0SqfkPpR53Wsumofnen_wWNuDyYKxmj8OS-sa3f55GFSx3id_enN68OWdevA1x_rV0y6qvVZ

My closing statement, if these basic applications fail to provide any results I would opt for "Antibiotics", that's right, antibiotics..
To name a few that come to mind would be Bactrim, Doxy, Erythromycin or even Clyndomicin (Clyndomicin is a very potent antibiotic and should be lastly considered due to building a resistance, it's mostly used for cellulitis and other major muscle compartment and skin infections).. Antibiotics can provide drastic and at times almost instantaneous results when combating acne and at times they possess long lasting effects while others claim to never again have any acne flare-up since antibiotic treatment..Even the application of anti-fungal/antibiotic creams or anti-Androgen shampoos can prove one of the MOST effective responses to target acne, in fact I often advise Mupirocin cream 2%
(Use cream base, not oil/petroleum due the the prescience of oil base clogging pours, the cream doesn't seem to have the clogging/congestion effect on the skin) and Ketoconazole shampoo 2%.. The combination of these have proven to be amazing and probably the most dominate treatment application one can employ..The anti-androgen shampoo targets the receptors in the skin that are hormonal activated triggered by way of DHT (a very potent steroid hormone), bear in mind the catalyst for acne is initially DHT (an androgen) and the sebaceous activity it causes, this shampoo is a reducer and targets the receptors in which sebaceous is activated and the formulated that is responsible for creating acne in most adults that use AAS.. I'm confidant that this very last step mentioned here will provide drastic and noticeable results almost over night in most users. It has been the go-to resort for myself when having AAS induced acne flare-ups, I swear by it..

I was waiting for this dude to chime in. He is the Proactive acne doc for ASF. Always there and helping me sleep through the night

I remember this protocol helping you a ton, you had a bad one there for a min. Just awful, its an awful feeling :(

Wash your face and don’t eat chocolate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It amazes me that someone would inject something into their body on a regular basis not knowing that it is a DHT steroid and what exactly DHT entails. This kind of blind use/abuse is what gets people into trouble and puts a stink on steroids in the public eye.

I've got a question. I know all AAS have basic properties that make them slightly different from each other. And everyone's reactions to them varies widely from person to person. Some people swear when their estrogen goes up the get acne. Others swear when there estro crashes they get acne. Some its Nandrolones and others its DHT. I've noticed with me it doesn't realy matter. When ever my hormone levels go up I break out. Some are manageable. Others are horrific. Like I'm coming off NPP right now and its horrible.

But my question is. If you believe you have acne related to DHT levels, couldnt you take a DHT blocker and relieve symptoms.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I've got a question. I know all AAS have basic properties that make them slightly different from each other. And everyone's reactions to them varies widely from person to person. Some people swear when their estrogen goes up the get acne. Others swear when there estro crashes they get acne. Some its Nandrolones and others its DHT. I've noticed with me it doesn't realy matter. When ever my hormone levels go up I break out. Some are manageable. Others are horrific. Like I'm coming off NPP right now and its horrible.

But my question is. If you believe you have acne related to DHT levels, couldnt you take a DHT blocker and relieve symptoms.

That shampoo that I mentioned above will help out as a DHT blocker that's the reason why I have the prescription for it.. people also need to keep in mind that it's not actually just the increase of the hormones that are causing this at the receptor sites, but there is also a imbalance of bacterial growth on the skin, naturally we will have increased oil production as we already know and people assume that is the main culprit. When in fact there is a variety of different type of acne that we get AAS, and a lot of it has to do with bacteria. Think of athlete's foot or even jock itch for that matter, it is a larger presence of bacteria within that regent because of activity.
People can treat the onset of acne from DHT and other hormones by using DHT blocker shampoos, and even antifungal creams and lotions.

Taking a DHT blocker when it pertains to medication that could probably screw someone out pretty damn good, that is something that is used in other types of medical treatments.

Ketoconazole 2% is a prescription grade shampoo that I get and doctors have no problems handing it out. It works fantastic.. it can also act as a antifungal, and a DHT blocker..

What if my side chick is black does that mean I have to stop eating her? :(
Are you telling me it's not all pink on the inside? Wtf man I gotta get my flashlight out and have closer look!

Are you telling me it's not all pink on the inside? Wtf man I gotta get my flashlight out and have closer look!

I tried to look one time I pulled out the flashlight and she slapped my hands, and she told me my hands were cold.. fucking bitch... I guess I'll never know!

That shampoo that I mentioned above will help out as a DHT blocker that's the reason why I have the prescription for it.. people also need to keep in mind that it's not actually just the increase of the hormones that are causing this at the receptor sites, but there is also a imbalance of bacterial growth on the skin, naturally we will have increased oil production as we already know and people assume that is the main culprit. When in fact there is a variety of different type of acne that we get AAS, and a lot of it has to do with bacteria. Think of athlete's foot or even jock itch for that matter, it is a larger presence of bacteria within that regent because of activity.
People can treat the onset of acne from DHT and other hormones by using DHT blocker shampoos, and even antifungal creams and lotions.

Taking a DHT blocker when it pertains to medication that could probably screw someone out pretty damn good, that is something that is used in other types of medical treatments.

Ketoconazole 2% is a prescription grade shampoo that I get and doctors have no problems handing it out. It works fantastic.. it can also act as a antifungal, and a DHT blocker..
Awesome info as always. I know taking finasteride has many complications, but I thought there was another that may have been ok. And I wasn't sure if the shampoo would work as a full body treatment. I take multiple showers a day to keep the oil down my self. Hopefully this accutane will kick in soon

Get Shredded!
Awesome info as always. I know taking finasteride has many complications, but I thought there was another that may have been ok. And I wasn't sure if the shampoo would work as a full body treatment. I take multiple showers a day to keep the oil down my self. Hopefully this accutane will kick in soon

The accutane with that shampoo is probably the most elite targeting cocktail you can use.. that is the equivalency of sending seal Team 6 onto your acne..

For safety and security purposes I can't say I think that who, but I sent a few bottles of that prescription shampoo I have to a member here because I get it like water from my doctor.. he absolutely loves this stuff..

There's another member that chimed in that use the protocol that I suggested (that I actually regurgitated that was given to me by a good friend of mine, she's a female dermo), and this member had amazing results.

Depending on the time of year, you would never think I have a problem with acne, I've always had nice skin, Wham-O out of nowhere I can turn into a creature :(
It can be embarrassing because it can come at a shock value for people that know me and all the sudden I'm in this awful condition.

I use these protocols and they were amazing..

The shampoo and accutane is hands-down probably the best treatment you could use..

Accutane is not that toxic as people make it out to be. You can have a very healthy life, and run a course or two of accutane, with some unpleasant side effects but it's not going to kill you..

let me see what I have left over maybe I'll send you out a bottle of the shampoo I got.. it would totally change your opinion..

The accutane with that shampoo is probably the most elite targeting cocktail you can use.. that is the equivalency of sending seal Team 6 onto your acne..

For safety and security purposes I can't say I think that who, but I sent a few bottles of that prescription shampoo I have to a member here because I get it like water from my doctor.. he absolutely loves this stuff..

There's another member that chimed in that use the protocol that I suggested (that I actually regurgitated that was given to me by a good friend of mine, she's a female dermo), and this member had amazing results.

Depending on the time of year, you would never think I have a problem with acne, I've always had nice skin, Wham-O out of nowhere I can turn into a creature :(
It can be embarrassing because it can come at a shock value for people that know me and all the sudden I'm in this awful condition.

I use these protocols and they were amazing..

The shampoo and accutane is hands-down probably the best treatment you could use..

Accutane is not that toxic as people make it out to be. You can have a very healthy life, and run a course or two of accutane, with some unpleasant side effects but it's not going to kill you..

let me see what I have left over maybe I'll send you out a bottle of the shampoo I got.. it would totally change your opinion..
I've been warned many many times of the "dangers" of accutane. But i took it when I was younger didnt have any complications. And I take it now. And seem to still maintain good liver values. So I'm not concerned. I run all the usualy liver and organ defenses anyway. And I'm not on morals right now. I have unfortunately had to go up to 40mg a day. I have taken 80mg prescribed from dermatologist. But I usualy get by with 20-40mg UGL. So I'm sure itll get better. If it doesnt maybe i will have to cut out the Mast as well. I made the mistake of using Mast/NPP this last blast so I'm not sure which one is giving me the horrible acne. But I stopped the NPP. And continued on with test/mast. So if it stays wicked bad maybe the Mast is the culprit.

I'd be interested in trying this shampoo. Shoot me a PM.

I can still remember being 15 saying I cant wait till I'm done with puberty and this shit goes away. I'm headed towards 50 and my skin is still fucked up unless I stay on top of it. Almost 50 and still popping zits, getting wood in cvs and jerking off. Does puberty ever really end!

I can still remember being 15 saying I cant wait till I'm done with puberty and this shit goes away. I'm headed towards 50 and my skin is still fucked up unless I stay on top of it. Almost 50 and still popping zits, getting wood in cvs and jerking off. Does puberty ever really end!

I'm right there with you bro I'll be turning 43, and once in awhile I get people making comments.. sometimes it does bother me much like it would bother a teenager. There was times where my entire scalp in the back of my head from my neck to my ears was completely covered with layers and layers upon layers.. I wouldn't want to leave the house.

Back