• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Bible Thread

Get Shredded!
This was like reading the Bible for the 1st time. King James had several books & passages removed. (whole separate topic) he also had the original foot notes removed. CHECK OUT THIS Bible brothers!

Geneva Bible. The Bible that Changed the World.

Im partial to the Patriot edition. Has several extras regarding Biblical influence from the Magna Carta to the founding of America and our ORIGINAL Constitution.

Attachments

• geneva bible.jpg
    geneva bible.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 71
Absolutely not. The Gods of these religions are not the same. The Christian God is triune, the others are explicitly not. The religions of Islam and Judaism have had a chance to consider Jesus' claims and rejected them outright. We do not pray to the same God. The fact that we all use the term God doesn't mean we're talking about the same entity. Imagine I asked you if you knew Jesus and you said, "Yes, he's my mexican auto mechanic." Ok, well that's not the Jesus of the bible that I was referring to. The fact that they have the same name means nothing. Lots of people share a name.

well… I kinda get what you’re saying. Interesting viewpoint… might make for a good debate. I agree to a point.

Jeremiah 33:2-3 NKJV
“Thus says the LORD who made it, the LORD who formed it to establish it (the LORD is His name): ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’
NKJV: New King James Version

It wasn't an apple. I'll watch this later.

Thanks!

[video=youtube_share;k-RagAyRG8w]https://youtu.be/k-RagAyRG8w[/video]
this is a good debate and the one I keep getting hung up on. I see it in the orthodox light. I do believe you get closer to God through works which is why when you do the right thing and you go out of your way to help others you feel 10 feet tall. Through Christ you will find the works and through Christ and your works you wonÂ’t have to question yourself at your death bed.

Worth the watch...and timely.

[video=youtube_share;_vBRGWoK6_4]https://youtu.be/_vBRGWoK6_4[/video]

this has that other “evil” segment from Peterson that I watched the other day (think you posted it) … the limitations = God thing I found extremely profound. Our vulnerability is key, the way he explains it makes more sense to me than anything I’ve ever read or heard in the last decade.

I implore others to watch this video and meditate on it, there are solutions to your problems in there^

Hehe.

I'd argue the first sin was the one in heaven. Lucifer's pride.

But the video really wasn't so much about that, despite the clickbait splash screen.
Interesting video. Peterson is such a good orator.

The fist sin was when Satan tempted Eve while he was in the garden.

In the late 90's I had a teacher who presented a interesting view that Satan was brand new and the first sin was when he tempted Eve. It was maybe a 40 minute class 25 ish years ago so I don't remember all the support passages but after hearing his viewpoint it left a lasting impact on me. Here was some of the ideas he presented.

Genesis 3:14
14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:
“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.

Notice Satan was not cursed until the temptation of Eve.

We also see Satan was likely a newbie or a novice

1 Timothy 3:6
not a [a]novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.

Btw, Adam and Eve sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves. Was the forbidden fruit a fig?

[video=youtube_share;k-RagAyRG8w]https://youtu.be/k-RagAyRG8w[/video]
this is a good debate and the one I keep getting hung up on. I see it in the orthodox light. I do believe you get closer to God through works which is why when you do the right thing and you go out of your way to help others you feel 10 feet tall. Through Christ you will find the works and through Christ and your works you wonÂ’t have to question yourself at your death bed.

ItÂ’s not the combination of works and knowing Jesus that produces salvation.

Salvation is 100% purely based on faith in Christ as the Son of God and your Lord and savior that He was crucified and God rose Him from the dead, etcÂ…

0% of salvation is based on works. There are scriptures to confirm this but the nutshell is Jesus gift of salvation is so no man can boast, moreover human works are like filthy rags to God. ItÂ’s faith that pleases Him and as your relationship with Jesus grows you will eventually produce works. Respectfully

Interesting video. Peterson is such a good orator.

The fist sin was when Satan tempted Eve while he was in the garden.

In the late 90's I had a teacher who presented a interesting view that Satan was brand new and the first sin was when he tempted Eve. It was maybe a 40 minute class 25 ish years ago so I don't remember all the support passages but after hearing his viewpoint it left a lasting impact on me. Here was some of the ideas he presented.

Genesis 3:14
14 So the Lord God said to the serpent:
“Because you have done this,
You are cursed more than all cattle,
And more than every beast of the field;
On your belly you shall go,
And you shall eat dust
All the days of your life.

Notice Satan was not cursed until the temptation of Eve.

We also see Satan was likely a newbie or a novice

1 Timothy 3:6
not a [a]novice, lest being puffed up with pride he fall into the same condemnation as the devil.

Btw, Adam and Eve sewed fig leaves together to cover themselves. Was the forbidden fruit a fig?

So when was satan cast out? Before his trip to eden or after tempting eve? Scripture always gave me the distinct impression he was cast out of heaven and THEN he wreaked havoc in the garden. It's late, but there's an interesting passage that eludes to this. Basically, it was already part of the plan if you will. Of course, you could say everything is part of the plan in the grand scheme of things. I'll look it up tomorrow...it should be a good discussion.

Salvation is 100% purely based on faith in Christ as the Son of God and your Lord and savior that He was crucified and God rose Him from the dead, etcÂ…

0% of salvation is based on works. There are scriptures to confirm this but the nutshell is Jesus gift of salvation is so no man can boast, moreover human works are like filthy rags to God. ItÂ’s faith that pleases Him and as your relationship with Jesus grows you will eventually produce works. Respectfully

Yep. Faith and salvation produces works, imho. The tree will bear fruit. That's not to say a person couldn't do good things first and find salvation along the way as you described.

This is gonna sound stupid but here goesÂ…

I guess I just thought that I’d feel more than I do and I’d have a clearer conscience and more guidance from the “big guy” when I gave myself up to him. I haven’t been to church in a long time and I’m probably gonna start going here soon. There is this ex Amish guy whose a Christian preacher now around these parts. A really helpful and caring person that goes out of his way for so many people. I’ve only met him a couple times. He likes to pray for/with people and when he does he physically shakes…. Almost like a subtle form of touretts syndrome (not dramatic but you can see it and feel it) … I don’t think he does it for theatrics… maybe he does have like early stage Parkinson’s or something but to me it seems like he is getting some type of energy from his faith.

Maybe I havenÂ’t done enough to get myself in a position where I can experience Gods grace so thatÂ’s why I guess I figure my faith alone isnÂ’t enough or maybe my faith is just a security blanket. ItÂ’s something I have to work on I suppose. IÂ’m gonna start reading the Bible again before bed instead of watching Jordan Peterson talk about his coming to faith moments. And IÂ’m gonna start going to church again. I went to a baptist Wesleyan when I was a kid but I donÂ’t really like the fact that there is 7000 denominationsÂ… I want to go to an orthodox Bible church.

anyways. I totally get that Christ was our sacrificial lamb because we suck and without him there would be no redemptionÂ…. The Living waters guy helped me understand that when he interviewed a Jew and basically turned that guy into a Christian in like 5 minutes. I just thought if I were truly a man of God that IÂ’d be able to see it/feel it.

is faith always a work in progress?

thanks for all your guidance in this thread, all of you, itÂ’s been a true blessing.

good day!

I kinda wanna build my own house of worship. Like an old school gym meets Bible study. Gains w/Jesus! Or something Â…. Start training the locals for the next crusadeÂ…. Lol (Kidding) maybe

Well said. Salvation comes by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone.
[FONT=&amp]PaulÂ’s letter to the Ephesians sums it up very nicely.

[/FONT]
Ephesians 2 8 For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, 9 not a result of works, so that no one may boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

This is gonna sound stupid but here goesÂ…

I guess I just thought that I’d feel more than I do and I’d have a clearer conscience and more guidance from the “big guy” when I gave myself up to him. I haven’t been to church in a long time and I’m probably gonna start going here soon. There is this ex Amish guy whose a Christian preacher now around these parts. A really helpful and caring person that goes out of his way for so many people. I’ve only met him a couple times. He likes to pray for/with people and when he does he physically shakes…. Almost like a subtle form of touretts syndrome (not dramatic but you can see it and feel it) … I don’t think he does it for theatrics… maybe he does have like early stage Parkinson’s or something but to me it seems like he is getting some type of energy from his faith.

Maybe I havenÂ’t done enough to get myself in a position where I can experience Gods grace so thatÂ’s why I guess I figure my faith alone isnÂ’t enough or maybe my faith is just a security blanket. ItÂ’s something I have to work on I suppose. IÂ’m gonna start reading the Bible again before bed instead of watching Jordan Peterson talk about his coming to faith moments. And IÂ’m gonna start going to church again. I went to a baptist Wesleyan when I was a kid but I donÂ’t really like the fact that there is 7000 denominationsÂ… I want to go to an orthodox Bible church.

anyways. I totally get that Christ was our sacrificial lamb because we suck and without him there would be no redemptionÂ…. The Living waters guy helped me understand that when he interviewed a Jew and basically turned that guy into a Christian in like 5 minutes. I just thought if I were truly a man of God that IÂ’d be able to see it/feel it.

is faith always a work in progress?

thanks for all your guidance in this thread, all of you, itÂ’s been a true blessing.

good day!

It is definitely a journey and not a destination. As far as "feeling" things...I can probably count on one hand how many times I've actually "felt" something. It is definitely best not to get hung up on looking for signs and wonders. This kind of goes back to the "do not fear" discussion the other day. I can't tell you how many little old people I've seen sit in a pew for 40,50,60 yrs and they still wonder/worry about their salvation.

Get Shredded!
I'm having problems finding the verse I mentioned yesterday, but I'll put these here for now.

Ezekiel 28

“You were the seal of perfection,
Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.
13 You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The sardius, topaz, and diamond,
Beryl, onyx, and jasper,
Sapphire, turquoise, and emerald with gold.
The workmanship of your timbrels and pipes
Was prepared for you on the day you were created.

14 “You were the anointed cherub who covers;
I established you;
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked back and forth in the midst of fiery stones.
15 You were perfect in your ways from the day you were created,
Till iniquity was found in you.

Isaiah 14

“How you are fallen from heaven,
O Lucifer, son of the morning!
How you are cut down to the ground,
You who weakened the nations!
13 For you have said in your heart:
‘I will ascend into heaven,
I will exalt my throne above the stars of God;
I will also sit on the mount of the congregation
On the farthest sides of the north;
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds,
I will be like the Most High.Â’

Lent? Anyone?

no way I can fast for 40 days (or 46, however you see it)Â… but I can fast for Good Friday. Also gonna try to quit a couple bad habits and maybe not be such an asshole at work. Gonna force myself to do 40 mins of cardio everyday for the entirety of lent with a caloric deficitÂ… and then jump on my blast thereafter.

Lent? Anyone?

no way I can fast for 40 days (or 46, however you see it)Â… but I can fast for Good Friday. Also gonna try to quit a couple bad habits and maybe not be such an asshole at work. Gonna force myself to do 40 mins of cardio everyday for the entirety of lent with a caloric deficitÂ… and then jump on my blast thereafter.

Nah. But I have fasted before (and in a religious sense). It all depends on your motivation.

Multislacking;1973181 said:
Nah. But I have fasted before (and in a religious sense). It all depends on your motivation.

my beer gut is definitely a motivational factor but I also want to try what I can to get closer to God. Existence is tragic and full of suffering and I need more mental clarity, more confidence in my being, and more fortitude and perseverance. There are things that creep back into my mind that start eating away at me and start making me feel a way that I don’t want to feel. My daughter had a nightmare the other day and when she told me what it was, it’s the same nightmare that I have whenever I allow myself to get caged inside the negative.

and I’ve never really tried giving anything up. We humans have had it too good for too long. I need to reconnect with my human side.

Could use some prayers.

My wife has been in significant pain since last Thursday. She went to a clinic yesterday and they said its probably bladder irritation and sent her home. I was surprised they didn't do any blood work or imaging. Last night her pain was very intense so this morning she went to Emergency, after doing imaging she will likely need emergency surgery. The first clinic completely dropped the ball.

Thank you

heavyiron;1973481 said:
Could use some prayers.

My wife has been in significant pain since last Thursday. She went to a clinic yesterday and they said its probably bladder irritation and sent her home. I was surprised they didn't do any blood work or imaging. Last night her pain was very intense so this morning she went to Emergency, after doing imaging she will likely need emergency surgery. The first clinic completely dropped the ball.

Thank you
prayers for a speedy recovery

Sending positive vibes and prayers to mrs heavyiron….

heavyiron;1973481 said:
Could use some prayers.

Thank you

Prayers for healing and peace

That sucks brother, prayers are sent.

Prayers sent your way

Back