• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Ldog's Recommended Test For Lipids-Please Read!

ldog

Pain is Pleasure
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Guys,

If your going to be in this game long term, maintaining good lipid health is a top priority. One of my top recommendations to young guys new to this game is getting the following test done every 6-9 months. The test is called a NMR Lipoprofile test. Click the link for details:

https://drjockers.com/nmr-heart-disease-risk/

Last edited:
Interesting!

I just checked and Private MD provides the NMR analysis and LabsMD has something like it although they call it 'Advanced Lipid Profile'

I just might get this as I am due for blood draw this month.

Over time my doctor backed off on his aggressive treatment of cholesterol and the numbers do not concern him as much previously.

I wish I had discussed this with him as he is retired now.

Anyways, this looks like the new standard for lipid profile testing.

Its the gold standard Skip....particle size is really the most important factor in risk..at least that is what I'm currently learning from research.

I just had an EKG and the results were great. Tomorrow am is my quarterly bloodwork which will include the NMR profile. In some ways, I'm a hypochondriac about bloodwork. I've been using for over 20 years and have basically been running non stop low-mod doses for about 6 years.

Interesting!

I just checked and Private MD provides the NMR analysis and LabsMD has something like it although they call it 'Advanced Lipid Profile'

I just might get this as I am due for blood draw this month.

Over time my doctor backed off on his aggressive treatment of cholesterol and the numbers do not concern him as much previously.

I wish I had discussed this with him as he is retired now.

Anyways, this looks like the new standard for lipid profile testing.

Hey Ldog, I was on privatemdlabs looking for a thyroid test to run, which one would you suggest? Obviously one that includes TSH. Any insight is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey my brother. I don't know the specific test on privatelabs but if you want to get a true snapshot of your thyroid and how its functioning, look for a test that will screen for the following:

TSH
Free T3
Free T4
Reverse T3
Thyroid Peroxidase abs

Hey Ldog, I was on privatemdlabs looking for a thyroid test to run, which one would you suggest? Obviously one that includes TSH. Any insight is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good info...particularly for those running Test and Primo...wink wink:stupid:

Good info, L

Routine bloodwork should be at the top of our list and frequent considering what we indulge in.

So...like I said.....EKG is done...heart looks great. Had a blood draw this am....numerous results coming in 2-3 days. While I'm getting Free Test and Total measured....I'm more interested in my lipid panel...particle size...PSA...etc. I've been running Cardarine for the last 2 month so I'm very curious on how this will impact my lipids. Ofcourse, I'm always using quality fish oil. Needless to say...this will be an important blood draw. After this...I'll be getting my yearly artery screening. By the way, your insurance more than likely won't cover this test but its typically 125.00-150.00. See below for info:

Healthy Arteries Screening

Non-invasive ultrasound screening finds early artery thickening, plaque and abnormal blood flow in arteries prone to plaque forming. Scans look inside the arteries to show risk for stroke, heart disease and determine vascular aging. This screening is for anyone age 40 or over, younger if you have family history of heart disease, have abnormal cholesterol, or diabetes.

So...like I said.....EKG is done...heart looks great. Had a blood draw this am....numerous results coming in 2-3 days. While I'm getting Free Test and Total measured....I'm more interested in my lipid panel...particle size...PSA...etc. I've been running Cardarine for the last 2 month so I'm very curious on how this will impact my lipids. Ofcourse, I'm always using quality fish oil. Needless to say...this will be an important blood draw. After this...I'll be getting my yearly artery screening. By the way, your insurance more than likely won't cover this test but its typically 125.00-150.00. See below for info:

Healthy Arteries Screening

Non-invasive ultrasound screening finds early artery thickening, plaque and abnormal blood flow in arteries prone to plaque forming. Scans look inside the arteries to show risk for stroke, heart disease and determine vascular aging. This screening is for anyone age 40 or over, younger if you have family history of heart disease, have abnormal cholesterol, or diabetes.
I have had many EKGs with good results. Also a recent arterial screening of the aortic, carotid and femoral arteries and they all came back clear with no plaque.

How about C-reactive protein analysis for heart disease? I had that done a few years ago and came back negative for the protein so much less likely to have heart disease.

But I am definitely getting the NMR analysis because I think that is where the rubber hits the road with true assessment if your LDL is good or bad.

My personal experience, I cannot emphasize enough how real cardio has a positive effect on all these important factors.....and when I say real cardio I mean outdoors and hitting it hard for a few hours three times a week hiking, biking or running.

IML Gear Cream!
Yep....good point Skip...cardio is number 1. How about your PSA numbers over the years? Any change?

I have had many EKGs with good results. Also a recent arterial screening of the aortic, carotid and femoral arteries and they all came back clear with no plaque.

How about C-reactive protein analysis for heart disease? I had that done a few years ago and came back negative for the protein so much less likely to have heart disease.

But I am definitely getting the NMR analysis because I think that is where the rubber hits the road with true assessment if your LDL is good or bad.

My personal experience, I cannot emphasize enough how real cardio has a positive effect on all these important factors.....and when I say real cardio I mean outdoors and hitting it hard for a few hours three times a week hiking, biking or running.

Yep....good point Skip...cardio is number 1. How about your PSA numbers over the years? Any change?
It has been consistently between .4-.7

We have a friend that recently got PSA analysis and came back at 11.0

He is really stressing out right now but have told him that is not a confirmation of cancer but yet he cannot help but worry about it and he has anxiety so this is making it worse.

Plus his urologist is a dick. He is getting his biopsy through this prick then switching doctors.

How about your PSA?

Interesting....at 250mg of Test it was 1.00 and at 500mg of Test it was .86

It has been consistently between .4-.7

We have a friend that recently got PSA analysis and came back at 11.0

He is really stressing out right now but have told him that is not a confirmation of cancer but yet he cannot help but worry about it and he has anxiety so this is making it worse.

Plus his urologist is a dick. He is getting his biopsy through this prick then switching doctors.

How about your PSA?

Back