• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Injury prone rep schemes

Stri8tedGod

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Is there Anyone here that's huge that uses relatively "lighter" weight! I'm one of those more injury prone indiviudials, tried lifting heavy with perfect form, extensive warm ups and everything to try and bang out some heavier weights. BUT I always end up tweaking a tendon or joint no matter how safe I am. I've been watching Toney freeman train and I have to say he uses a lot less weight than a lot of guys but really slows down the reps.

I'm no monster but I like using lighter weights. 12-15 rep range, 4-6 seconds negative then a controlled lift concentrating ( really concentrating) on the mind muscle connection and contracting the target muscle. I have seen great results with this and it is much less stress on the body. I'm no young buck anymore lol.

A lot of the Biggs I have spoken to use lighter weight and get results. Their body speaks for itself.

If I want to grow I have to lift heavy. Last year I benched 330x1. I know if I want to grow I'll have to be able to rep 330 this year.

Along with lifting heavy, heavy for me, tendinitis and joint pain. I just suffer through it.

Severe injuries: dislocated both shoulders and a torn hamstring.

I'm no monster but I like using lighter weights. 12-15 rep range, 4-6 seconds negative then a controlled lift concentrating ( really concentrating) on the mind muscle connection and contracting the target muscle. I have seen great results with this and it is much less stress on the body. I'm no young buck anymore lol.

This...
Living injury/pain free is fantastic!

TUT time old farts. I changed over to it to stop hurting my damn old joints. So I wouldn't blow out my shoulder for a 3rd time (4 shoulder surgeries in one lifetime is enough for me). It let me add some really dense muscle even at 48 (yeah, now I'm 51 :eek: ).
Chest was always an issue. I never got past 435 for flat bench and all it did was give me shoulder injuries and never really hit my chest so much as tri's and front delt.
Here's a link from 2010:
http://www.simplyshredded.com/time-...ically-engineered-set-timing-technique-2.html

Just had it in my fave links I'm sure there is updated info out there.

Awesome thanks for the replies! I'll give some tut a shot! I've never given it a chance! But the heavy duty training obviously is not for me!

I've always gravitated toward lower reps myself. This caused some issues in mid 30's to mid 40's. Since going down the supplement rabbit hole to address other issues the pain I would get caused by certain lifts and low rep workouts in general are a thing of the past.

I started Fortitude Training and I've barely injured myself since I started that. Before that I was doing higher rep/higher volume and kept getting hurt over and over. Granted I had just got back in the gym and started back on test right away so that didn't help things.

Back