• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Mass Spec

Creepin' it Real

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I just found out my roomate is working with a mass spectrometer as part of his masters thesis. I think him and I should get better acquainted. I'm in health sciences so maybe it wouldn't seem so weird to ask him to sample some gears for me right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go for it

Probably better in lab testing section btw

Good to have the right friends.

I just found out my roomate is working with a mass spectrometer as part of his masters thesis. I think him and I should get better acquainted. I'm in health sciences so maybe it wouldn't seem so weird to ask him to sample some gears for me right?

So let me get this straight...your friend is working on his thesis with a mass spec...I would like to know which area he will will target in it....due to the fact those who are in the field take the non thesis options due to several reasons...

But I will wait on your answer

Also...just because a company claim they have a mass spec is cool and all but if they don't have a person who actually understand how to get official reading and peaks out of it...your being told lies

I have actually seen many of the so called tests....I laugh cause it's bullshit...

There are certain areas of science you must spend lab time in to actually learn how to complete and log your data. You cannot just all of a sudden decide mass spec is the only methods of testing....HPLC is the best way to determine what is actually in the sample.

You have it straight, uses a mass spec while conducting his thesis research.

He is a petrochemical geologist.

Those who are in the fields of what? People who use mass specs conduct non-thesis work ? I have no idea, I guess you and him would know the answer to that.

As for the rest of your post, I never claimed to know anything about how to use mass spectrometers, and I don't go by the lab's specs, I ask customers about their experiences. A qualitative approach works better on these boards I think.

As for time in the lab to learn how to use a spec makes sense. I wouldn't imagine anyone knows what they are doing their first time.

Finally, my post was meant to be jovial and I am curious to see what a sample would come back with. No more no less. I'm
Not naive to believe anyone here is telling the whole truth, that's the risk we all take being here.

If you have any further questions regarding mass spec, I cAnt answer because I have zero experience with them; however, if you would like me to ask him some questions, fire away but don't ask gear related questions, keep it spec specific. I don't need him knowing my business because I'm just getting to know him.

Back