• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

Why do athletes and bodybuilders have no body hair?

zyaly

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Why all professional and amateur bodybuilders have no hair on leg, chest, etc. Is it a special rule for that? just curious about that, are they shaving every part of their body?

Body builders i understand, but other athletes i guess they are trying to fit in cause body hair isn't accepted in main stream media/ marketing. I used to get messed with all the time by other fighters for having chest hair, one promoter even made me trim it down tight once.

Back in the day, some guys had chest hair. Some of the chicks did too! LOL Honestly, when your on stage, if your covered in hair, it's just too hard to show off all the hard work you've put in to get that cut up.

Personally, I look like a damn grizzly bear if i didn't shave/wax/blah blah blah. Not to mention, I just feel cleaner without so much hair.

My first mentor in BBing told me it's about the look . The physique is of course the most important part . Then you get all that nasty hair off so you can see the muscle and detail . Then there's the coloring or tan . A good all over tan puts 10lbs of muscle on anyone or at least the illusion . I for one can't stand body hair , I wish I could take all the hair on my body and make it grow on my head !

I got rid of mine I still keep some on my legs, arms and face. I used to have tons on my chest my lady likes it better shaved she said it much nicer. And of course I was told no manscape no blow job. I just lift nothing else not cut ether I just think it much cleaner.

I shave everything except for legs. That's where I draw the line, lol.

Wrestling coach in high school made us shave everything including head. Slip out of holds easier. Since then it's just stuck with me.

Sent from the 36 Chambers of the Wu Tang Clan

In football we would shave everything because it sucked having your leg and arm hairs torn out. Also as mentioned with the wrestling, it's easier to slip away from someone and it also gave the dirty players one less way they could inflict pain on you

I got rid of mine I still keep some on my legs, arms and face. I used to have tons on my chest my lady likes it better shaved she said it much nicer. And of course I was told no manscape no blow job. I just lift nothing else not cut ether I just think it much cleaner.

My girl hates when I shave my chest lol. I make her shave my back lol

Mine does too, guess some just like the grizzly look...

She said it's more comfortable to lay on my chest. I don't believe that is why though because she grabs my chest during sex when I have a hair chest and not when I'm shaved. Just a little weird lol. Btw someone mentioned manscaping, that shit is a must. Bushes are out of style lol

Shave everything except legs. Htf do you guys shave pits without getting razor burn?! I get it every damn time. Sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shave everything except legs. Htf do you guys shave pits without getting razor burn?! I get it every damn time. Sucks

I have never shaved my pits. I have trimmed them once though. I usually only shave somewhere like that if I get something like poison ivy or something (very allergic to it) and shaving it helps with applying ointment. I usually only trim my pubes and arm hairs so I can show off my veins lmao

For bodybuilders, it helps in terms of seeing the muscles underneath.

For athletes, it's about being aerodynamic (for example swimming), or staying cooler

I used to shave my head back in the day, but I always look like a giant walking penis so....

I don't shave my arms, below the elbow; nor my legs. NEVER EVER shave the ass! Use other means if you need to. 1 ingrown hair on the ass, you'll understand why.

If i didn't shave/trim my chest,back and pits, I'd look like a gorilla.

As for the manscape, hey, whatever it takes so the little guy gets some action.

Been doing ever since my first bb competition at 15. At this point the hair aggravates me and I sweat a lot more with it. I just keep it off. Most girls like it. I try a maintain a reasonable BF% in the off season also. It does reflect your muscle tone better.

easy enough, different skin types make a huge difference. I only got razor burn in my pits once when I was a teenager, been shaving them for over 15 years at least once a week and never had it again.

NEVER EVER shave the ass! Use other means if you need to. 1 ingrown hair on the ass, you'll understand why.

I completely agree with not shaving your ass. I picked up some detailing trimmers which get SUPER close to the skin and use those instead. prevents ingrown hairs but gives you the same look.

Get Shredded!
Wow - I haven't shaved or trimmed anything but my face or head.... Ever. Last time I didn't have facial hair was 14yrs ago.

--Nana korobi ya oki

Wow - I haven't shaved or trimmed anything but my face or head.... Ever. Last time I didn't have facial hair was 14yrs ago.

--Nana korobi ya oki

the only place i don't shave is my face :roflmao:

I shave everything except for legs. That's where I draw the line, lol.

Same here jersey shave it al but my legs ....not too hair tho ...for the guys that are very very hairy look into laser its affordable and hey Im considerin it for my back and chest !

Yo brother pick up clippers called peanut small clipper take gaurd off and buzz it ....its not skin close but its gone .....i do my arms, underams, chest ,back etc ...i cant use razor cause it does same shit to me ..trust me ur buzzin more frequently but not bumps and hey its clean look

Because BB'rs look retarded with hairy chests and arm pits. Shaved legs are good if your legs are BB'r legs and look the part. No one wants to see your channel 11 legs or your fat legs anyways if that's what they look like. The only thing I don't shave is my eyebrows.

I used to nair back when I was way smaller and younger but all the girls I've dated love body hair. Honestly when I hit the bf % I want I will do it again. This cutting thing just hates me as a plateau at the same body fat every time I cut nowadays(13-14%).

Back