• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Do you guys rent or own?

Diesel618

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
I am coming up on the end of my lease on this shitty 1 BR in the ghetto that I've been living at for about a year and I'm looking to upgrade a bit. Not sure what kind of loan I'll qualify for but based on my income last year I'm pretty sure I could get a decent starter house. I know it can be a pain to own though, so I'm just looking for your guys' experience on the matter. Thanks in advance brahs.

I own.... sux. Being a grown up is no fun! Lol. That being said owning a home is rewarding if you enjoy the trades and do your own work.

I own. Been here 10 years with wife and kids. Even if I was single I would get a house. No way I want just a wall separating me from my neighbors.

^^ this

I don't know how homeowners that don't know how to do most if not all of their own repairs survive financially or otherwise
almost everything in my house is under 3 yrs old with the exclusion of the boiler and septic system -and half of thats been replaced- and we're still constantly fixing shit it seems like.

BUT, I do enjoy changing around my landscaping as i see fit..painting whatever I want..contemplating additions or moving walls etc etc
and not having my neighbors say shit to me or having to answer to a landlord..though answering to the town taxes, mortgage company and insurance company sucks a lil :(

before this house we rented a house..before that I owned three houses

I couldnt do an apartment, I'vve lived in my own place aside from the rental detour since I was 20

I bought my current home foreclosed. But its a 1920s sears craftsman bungalow. I have completely gutted the place and three years out im still finishing things. Granted ive done everything to keep it in the original style of the house. But at times I feel its a burden... other times I love what its become. If your not ready to do the work buy a newer more modern home with modern dimensions that is more module. In the end you really have to weigh what what your willing to commit to and what you dont want to deal with. Its a venture for sure.

Own. If I knew what I know now, back then...I would have never rented.

I bought my first house when I was 21, in college (long time ago) with a part time job. I think I cleared about 25,000 a year. There were programs in place to help out at that time. FHA loans and what not. Not sure what is out there now but, I would seriously look into owning and not renting. It may be easier than you think.

before this house we rented a house..before that I owned three houses

I couldnt do an apartment, I'vve lived in my own place aside from the rental detour since I was 20

Soooo....what were you doing in that big house all alone....:)

Lots of benefits to home ownership, especially if ur single with zero dependents like myself ... the tax write off on the mortgage interest alone is a friggin godsend. In todays tanked out housing market, it can only go up (hopefully lol) so getting into a place right now would be a great investment for you. CHOOSE LOCATION WISELY ;-)

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

lots of benefits to home ownership, especially if ur single with zero dependents like myself ... The tax write off on the mortgage interest alone is a friggin godsend. In todays tanked out housing market, it can only go up (hopefully lol) so getting into a place right now would be a great investment for you. Choose location wisely ;-)

sent from my sgh-m919 using tapatalk

^^^ this

I've rented and I now own. It's awesome not having to ask anyone what u can and can't do to ur living space. And paying someone else's mortgage sucks, it's an investment for u instead of helping someone else with theirs

Eat. Sleep. Lift. Repeat

well i feel you course im a young buck who only goes to school full time(ex military gi bill) so i jus rent a 1 bedroom 1 bath 750 sq feet flexible lease. does get annoying so there is probably more benefits to owning your own place, unless u gotta move around alot.

well i feel you course im a young buck who only goes to school full time(ex military gi bill) so i jus rent a 1 bedroom 1 bath 750 sq feet flexible lease. does get annoying so there is probably more benefits to owning your own place, unless u gotta move around alot.

Look into owning. You will probably get some help considering you were in the military. Also, thanks for your service!

yeah, I went the 1800's home rebuild and never again..lol

Its nice but a total pita. I will never do it again thats for sure. But ya live and learn.

Lots of benefits to home ownership, especially if ur single with zero dependents like myself ... the tax write off on the mortgage interest alone is a friggin godsend. In todays tanked out housing market, it can only go up (hopefully lol) so getting into a place right now would be a great investment for you. CHOOSE LOCATION WISELY ;-)

Say the guy who got his Weber grill jacked by a pack of hoodlums! Lmfao

Its nice but a total pita. I will never do it again thats for sure. But ya live and learn.

Say the guy who got his Weber grill jacked by a pack of hoodlums! Lmfao

Pahahahaha!...Sorry that your grill got stolen but, that shit be funny!

LMAO! Seriously ... thats why I say choose location wisely lol ... these fucktards stole my grimey 8 year old Weber charcoal grill, seriously who does that?? It was so old and gross it wasn't even worth carrying off lol ... motherfuckers were seriously lucky I wasn't home ... I've got some new 75grain Hornady hollowpoints for my AR-15 I've just been itching to pump into some fucken retard's face at 10 feet and see what it looks like lol ( thats the Tren talking ) ;-)

my house is 1840's. But it was pretty well kept up. We rented 2 houses before this one with intentions of buying but the owners were on fucking drugs with prices. On fucking serious drugs. I paid less for this house that is bigger than the others, hell the garage is the size of most small houses plus 3 acres of land whereas the other ones had no property with it.
Fuck renting, fuck landlords.

I pwn. I do miss our two bedroom apartment we had downtown. Expensive as fuck and way more than our mortgage now but damn, we had some good times there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!
LMAO! Seriously ... thats why I say choose location wisely lol ... these fucktards stole my grimey 8 year old Weber charcoal grill, seriously who does that?? It was so old and gross it wasn't even worth carrying off lol ... motherfuckers were seriously lucky I wasn't home ... I've got some new 75grain Hornady hollowpoints for my AR-15 I've just been itching to pump into some fucken retard's face at 10 feet and see what it looks like lol ( thats the Tren talking ) ;-)

Dude no BS everytime you mention that story its cracks me the fuck up! And everytime you ya tell it you seem to get more and more pissed. Who steals a Weber grill? Lmfao!!!!

I OWN. Built an inground home with radiant floor (pex) heat, super insulated. Did 100% of the construction except the dirt work and had a helper for framing and finishing concrete. Paid cash as I went, no mortgage. Never had a $100 month of combined gas, water and electric!
Do NOT buy into the bullshit that the house is an investment. Add up the TOTAL of mortgage payments, taxes, upkeep- new roof every 15 years, HVAC every 10, water heater every 10, carpet, paint, leaky faucet, etc. The mortgage tax credit is also misleading. I will personally match it for you:
you send me $500/month for 12 months, and I will mail you a check for $1500. That's how it works- you get back about 25% of the money you are giving away.

As I told several people who have been there to answer my every question if u need any help with ar-15(rifle) platforms or real estate gimme a holler.

If u send me a pm with what your looking to do or if you dont know then how much ur approved for, how much cash you have on hand, and a few other details I can give you several different options that would not only give you a decent place to live but leave a few doors open for u also. That goes for anyone that needs help :)

Yo Jrow I'm a vet also. Hit me up and I can tell ya a couple things about using a VA loan they just don't announce.

I think everything with a VA mortgage is pretty straight forward..we also had their fee waived due to disability rating. Now if anyone can point me in the right direction to get the stupid thing caught up after a notched refi..lemme know..lol

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

One thing that did drive us nuts about the original VA mortgage now that I think of it was the well test..it was done three times because no one knew what they wanted specifically and kept getting it wrong ..and no one spelled it out. We originally had wells Fargo and I wish like hell we'd stayed with them

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk

Lol 3 well tests... That sounds like a pain in the ass. The actual mortgage is pretty straight forward. I just meant options people have. Like one is alot of people don't know you can buy property with a multi family improvement.

Back