• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Tom Platz leg work out

Dieseljimmy

DRSE representative
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
It took me years to appreciate Mr. platz legs

after a little research I found his leg workout

[h=2]Tom Platz Leg Routine[/h]
  • Squats 8-12 5-20
  • Hack Squats 5 10-15
  • Leg Extensions 5-8 10-15
  • Lying Leg Curls 6-10 10-15
  • Standing Calf Raises 3-4 10-15
  • Seated Calf Raises 3-4 10-15
  • Hack Machine Calf Raises 3-4 10-15

and I though I did high volume

tom-platz-quads.jpg

Wow, that is a lot of volume. He must use a wheelchair when leaving the gym.

[*]Squats 8-12 5-20
[*]Hack Squats 5 10-15
[*]Leg Extensions 5-8 10-15
[*]Lying Leg Curls 6-10 10-15
[*]Standing Calf Raises 3-4 10-15
[*]Seated Calf Raises 3-4 10-15
[*]Hack Machine Calf Raises 3-4 10-15

Is that 8 sets of 12, then 5 sets of 20 on squats?
Then 5sets 10-15 on hacks
Then 5 sets of 8, then 10 sets of 15 etc

If so. Fuck my legs are cramping just thinking of it!

I belive I read that he also would ride his bike to and from the gym!

come on guys,he's just a dude on roidz who is faking an hardcore workout,don't u see?
I can't scream like a mad without roidz,I'm better

come on guys,he's just a dude on roidz who is faking an hardcore workout,don't u see?
I can't scream like a mad without roidz,I'm better

I know you're not from America but if you think of "legs" and "bodybuilding" Tom Platz should be one of the first on your mind. He's the fucking man to us. I believe he said......"the squat rack is like the alter. It's where life and death meets in the gym"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That same pic of Tom's legs hangs at my gym . I was looking at it for a while the other day . The owner and I debate all the time , he thinks the old time BBers were the greatest , I like the more recent BBers - Phil Heath , Ronnie Coleman , Dorian Yates . Here is one guy we do agree on however ! Those inner thighs are what gets me too . I can't get any real growth in mine at all . And that quote " The squat rack - where life and death meet " I love it !!!!

I just watched that video , he MUST train at Planet Fitness !! lol

I know you're not from America but if you think of "legs" and "bodybuilding" Tom Platz should be one of the first on your mind. He's the fucking man to us. I believe he said......"the squat rack is like the alter. It's where life and death meets in the gym"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

man,I was joking ;) platz=legs,in every part of the galaxy,like yates was the back.

seems he was fucking with the leg ext machine LOL "yeah bitch,come on,more more more moreeeee!!!"
banging a chick on the bed bam bam bam bam :D

thats inspirational.....its amazing the dedication and focus some have to repeat the same thing over and over for years and torture themselves to the extent of crawling to the car and having to sit there before driving away because you cant feel your fuckin legs....i have been stuck in the hack squat machine before after some brutal sets not being able to stand up.....i fucking love the feeling of a muscle group being so pumped you cant control its movments anymore....sick people we are....to purposely goto failure each set yet be so possitive to start the next set to failure...lol....tear down that tissue so ya can barely move that muscle for 2 days yet goto the gym the next to tear down another group while that one heals....ive been out of the game for 20yrs and just got back in about a year ago after a 20 yr reclyner, horrible diet and a growing family to hang out with, and now i realize what i was missing in that time...theres a great satisfaction one can get from bodybuilding....and im here to say im glad i made my way back and found this forum of torn individuals like myself....

Tom was know for his high intensity workouts with heavy weights (legs)!

I doubt he could touch his feet together standing during his glory days. The thing that throws this workout into overtime is the 8-12 sets of squats at the beginning. My leg day is the exact same except hack squats are replaced with front squats. And a lil difference in the # of sets :p

Wow, that is a lot of volume. He must use a wheelchair when leaving the gym.

Agreed

Talk about working to failure. That's some hard core training.

I got to see Tom Platz guest pose a few times in the mid eighties. His stage presence alone was AWEstrucking! But when he posed and shaked his quads, it was mind blowing. Mind fucking blowing! I was in my teens then and that was very impressionable.

Back