• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🏋️‍👨‍⚕ Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! ⚕🏥

Can you over train abs?

BlizzardMan8890

All day
Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Had a buddy of mine tell me he trains abs everyday. He said abs and calves you cant over train them. Thoughts?

Well you can over train anything ultimately but I believe your core can Take much more than what bodybuilders do...look at sports that are more core active, doubt they would say you can over train them.

Now if you have a abdominal or core injury yes or if you've had you abdominal altered somehow through surgery or injury.

I know from first hand after having my abs ripped in half during emergency surgery that I hv to be very careful on my training and I have to stay hydrated or my abs are first to cramp.

Physiologically, yes, though the purpose of the abdominal wall is more than flexion. As such, there are scores of exercises that can work it in different ways. It is, however, a wasted effort, as a clean diet will tighten the midsection and not over burdon the 'core.'

6P6- ouch! What a terrible experience. I meet warriors everywhere!

Red

OP you don't want chunky over developed abs ... Easy for guys who don't have a wide chest

Back