• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs® ANDRO HARD- Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊

Valdosta Log

Here’s one for the hat:
Dumbbell hex presses with a heavy focus on pushing the weights into each other (think isometric status).

Those absolutely light up titties
I definitely feel it doing those, but it doesnt seem the pecs are doing much work to move the weight

changed my belt squat setup a bit to go at a deficit to increase rom. quads activating great. im still scared to push failure because my adductors seem to fire off and hurt themselves on compounds when I do. but i'll up the intensity a bit next go around.
View attachment 131401

@Leanmeantinypeen you really gotta stop leaving these around, almost lost an ankle
View attachment 131402
Sorry I was super setting kick backs with curtsey lunges

tried bench with different grips due to all the responses. didnt really feel much chest activation. went to rec center with different pulleys so weights off on tricep movements

bench 225x8
overhead vbar 190x11
vbar pushdown 215x6

i keep getting called "omni man"

tried bench with different grips due to all the responses. didnt really feel much chest activation. went to rec center with different pulleys so weights off on tricep movements

bench 225x8
overhead vbar 190x11
vbar pushdown 215x6

What do you mean by “activation”.

Your muscles either contract or they don’t. Video your benchpress or incline press or dumbbell press, whatever variation you’re doing.

Your muscles either contract or they don’t. Video your benchpress or incline press or dumbbell press, whatever variation you’re doing.
well if you want me to use your vocabulary, i'll rephrase it to "didnt feel much chest contraction"

but i can get videos doing a couple different forms and post em in about 5ish days. none of em work

well if you want me to use your vocabulary, i'll rephrase it to "didnt feel much chest contraction"

but i can get videos doing a couple different forms and post em in about 5ish days. none of em work
Call it what you like, activation was the wrong term.

Your chest is doing work. 225 for 8 reps with just the triceps or just your delts would be pretty remarkable.

Call it what you like, activation was the wrong term.

Your chest is doing work. 225 for 8 reps with just the triceps or just your delts would be pretty remarkable.
its doing some work for sure but it doesnt feel like its ever approaching failure

Let me see if John Meadows has any good scapula engagement videos. Every time I feel the wrong muscle in a lift he literally has a 40 min video explaining exactly what I’m doing wrong and how to fix it. Rip
One of my favorite guys to watch... (still)

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Tapatalk

Get Shredded!

bench 225x8
overhead vbar 190x11
vbar pushdown 215x6

U ever try using just a small decline, just a few degrees?
Just stick a 25 or 35# plate under the foot bench

&/Or start off with isolation movement cable crossover or peck deck to really get your chest activated pumped up B4: bench

This.

I definitely feel it doing those, but it doesnt seem the pecs are doing much work to move the weight
You’re going to have to start doing some Bruce Lee mind/muscle meditation methods

&/Or start off with isolation movement cable crossover or peck deck to really get your chest activated pumped up B4: bench
ive tried getting it pumped with flies first, no difference. Havent done the mild decline though

You're a decline fan?

I haven't done decline in years after seeing studies that flat and incline bench are superior to decline. Incline is actually better than flat bench too.

I tore my pec on flat bench so that plays into too. I mostly do incline these days.

Do you notice your lower pec gets developed better with decline?

You're a decline fan?

I haven't done decline in years after seeing studies that flat and incline bench are superior to decline. Incline is actually better than flat bench too.

I tore my pec on flat bench so that plays into too. I mostly do incline these days.

Do you notice your lower pec gets developed better with decline?

Slight decline maybe 5degree not the standard 25-30degrees.
Shim the foot end of the bench with a 25-35# plate

i can kinda feel chest on dumbell press every now and then but I hate the movement
That may be part of the issue then u r not mentally connected with it.
When pressing what angle is your humorous at in relationship to your torso, like at bottom of movement?

That may be part of the issue then u r not mentally connected with it.
When pressing what angle is your humorous at in relationship to your torso, like at bottom of movement?
I usually feel a bit more chest if I have the elbows flared way past 45

I usually feel a bit more chest if I have the elbows flared way past 45
Get them up into to 60-65degree range, obviously no more than 70 for shoulder impingement reasons.
Just grab some 35-40# dbs & focus on as much stretch as safely possible really dropping them elbows while maintaining 60-70degress humourous angle & then focus on pulling those elbows across the chest shorting the pecks as much as possible. Focus on Stretching and shorting pec not the weight.
While doing that over exaggerate keeping your chest pushed up like proud ??.
How that helps.
Sounds like its mental plus u have dominate shoulders & tris possible & u just need better mental connection.

Get them up into to 60-65degree range, obviously no more than 70 for shoulder impingement reasons.
Just grab some 35-40# dbs & focus on as much stretch as safely possible really dropping them elbows while maintaining 60-70degress humourous angle & then focus on pulling those elbows across the chest shorting the pecks as much as possible. Focus on Stretching and shorting pec not the weight.
While doing that over exaggerate keeping your chest pushed up like proud ??.
How that helps.
Sounds like its mental plus u have dominate shoulders & tris possible & u just need better mental connection.
ill throw some light weight around to practice next gym session. got some flu or somethin so i wont be there for a couple days

downed some dayquil. wish i responded as hard to gear as i do to this stuff. spent like 3 hours replacing the ceiling fan in my bedroom, have had to use my phone flashlight to see anything in my room since a month ago when the old one broke. definitely a pain in the ass. i'll probably be back at work and gym tommorow though

downed some dayquil. wish i responded as hard to gear as i do to this stuff. spent like 3 hours replacing the ceiling fan in my bedroom, have had to use my phone flashlight to see anything in my room since a month ago when the old one broke. definitely a pain in the ass. i'll probably be back at work and gym tommorow though
I did that before myself replacing a dining room ceiling fan and it sure was a pita. Old one was heavy af and the new one was almost as heavy and wiring it up was the hardest part. Doing that one I also had to replace the dimmer switch as well as it was not compatible with the new lighting.

Get better brother...spring and summer colds suck ass!

Excited to see the next lift bro ?

Glad the DayQuil brought you back to life

Back