• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Dime’s death.

CoachCabo

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Today is the 17th anniversary of Dime’s murder. I had the pleasure of knowing him from the Ft. Worth/Dallas days in 1983. Nobody touched him when it came to guitar playing but he really shined as a person. He never seemed to understand he was famous and always considered himself just a lucky fan who got to play music for a living. At the peak of Pantera’s fame, Dime waited in line with other fans just to get an autograph from another musician he admired.

I have some pretty funny memories of him saying and doing just about anything for a laugh. He was one of those people who walked into a room, it felt energized, even if you didn’t know or see he was there.

It was a tragic day for many and I am still pissed.

Attachments

• C2CE9D79-E81E-41E6-838C-EE3EA09144C7.jpeg
    C2CE9D79-E81E-41E6-838C-EE3EA09144C7.jpeg
    316.7 KB · Views: 80
That was one band that pisses me off that I ever got to go see. Then when I heard that Damageplan was coming to my area, I thought, fuck yes! Atleast I’d get to see Dime and VP play. Yeah it wasn’t Pantera but it was Dime. Then that hole fucking fiasco in Columbus. I’m still pissed. But you knew it was Dime when you could hear those riffs. RIP Brother!

R.I.P. The morning radio played Cemetery Gates for Dime and immediately after I listened to Pantera all day at work today

Darrell Abbott still lives!! Almost every time I go play with the iron in my gym that sum bitch is doing his thing. That’s awesome you got to know him personally. The tone of his amps, the harmonics and whammy …. The speed of his fretboard. Shit amps me up.

pantera will always be a staple in my ready to kick ass playlist.

A guy like dime can never truly die. Immortality through his guitar man.

What a tragedy, imagine getting killed by a sicko who used to consider themselves as fans of yours. One of the best guitarists ever, RIP.

Yip, sad day that was! I grew up on Pantera, they were the heaviest band that had a clean sound. Those song would just drive me....still does! Pantera, the best! Dime was a unique dude it sounds like, definitely one of a kind on the axe. Thanks for sharing coach

Never got the pleasure to met him or the band Pantera. Love their music though. Total shame what happened...

Back