• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🏋️‍👨‍⚕ Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! ⚕🏥

Calling all the old farts

Get Shredded!
at 53 i started going down with how much weight i could push. 420 in the bench was no problem, but, now even on drol and suspension i can only get 315. my joints are shot to hell. oh well ill get back to basics of oldschool bodybuilder.

AR-15;1938537 said:
Ok so be honest cause this shit bothers me constantly. Approximately what age did you guys really notice a drop of in overall performance? 40’s? 50’s?

I've made some of the easiest gains of my life while in my 40’s, you might be saying ... “wut?” I finally learned how to eat proper, train smart, and that rest was actually needed to grow. The coolest part about my situation is I achieved those gains lifting the least amount of weight compared to my earlier years lol

bpc157, tb500, & gh r XTREMELY helpful once u get mid 40's!!!
atleast for me.

I had one of those "I'm not doing that ever again" moments this last week. We stayed at place on the lake and it was right above the water. Notice I said "above". I KNEW it was a long way down to where the water was at. But I decided I'd do a little recon and see if there was any place suitable to take the family (including a 3yr old) to fish below where we were staying. There was not. Of course, getting down was relatively easy. Coming back up...not so much. I really wished I'd listened to my inner voice of reason. Quite a bit of the climb was steep enough you could just reach out in front of you and touch ground without leaning over. I probably stopped 5-6 times coming back up. My knees were killing me by the time I got to the top.

I get back in the cabin, out of breath and half limping. That's when the wife tells me, "Oh, they have a dock down at the end of this road and you can just drive down to it." :banghead:

Early 40's I felt like a tank but in my mid 40's I started having chronic pain from injuries. Around 50 strength started to fall off noticeably but I couldn't train as hard with herniated discs and rotator cuff issues. I had to stop training altogether for about 6-7 months when the discs kept getting inflamed.

Best piece of advice I can give is keep perfect form, warm up a lot and don't ego lift. It seems like the injuries take guys out of the gym more than anything.
yeah I think I can confirm this too, it sucks. lol

I had one of those "I'm not doing that ever again" moments this last week. We stayed at place on the lake and it was right above the water. Notice I said "above". I KNEW it was a long way down to where the water was at. But I decided I'd do a little recon and see if there was any place suitable to take the family (including a 3yr old) to fish below where we were staying. There was not. Of course, getting down was relatively easy. Coming back up...not so much. I really wished I'd listened to my inner voice of reason. Quite a bit of the climb was steep enough you could just reach out in front of you and touch ground without leaning over. I probably stopped 5-6 times coming back up. My knees were killing me by the time I got to the top.

I get back in the cabin, out of breath and half limping. That's when the wife tells me, "Oh, they have a dock down at the end of this road and you can just drive down to it." :banghead:
We live on the third floor. The view is outstanding BUT, damnit if I don’t stop on the second floor landing every time, huffing and puffing. I used to carry six of those garrafóns/water cooler bottles up the stairs…for over a year. Only recently found out they deliver to my door for an additional .50

Back