• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Dime sized welt immediately after pin...?

HammerStrength902

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Today was pin day, and I decided to pin in my right glute using a 1.5" 23g pin. I sanitized well, and used 3 alcohol pads before injecting.

Before inserting the pin, I always push up on the plunger a little bit so I get a good sized drop of oil on the tip to make it easier for the pin to insert. I aspirated, injected & everything went smooth. I left the pin in for a solid 20 seconds before pulling it out, and again, everything looked 100% normal. I pulled the pin out, grabbed another alcohol swab, looked down & I had a a good 5" streak of blood coming out. I instantly swiped the area with the alcohol pad, and noticed a dime sized welt has instantly (I mean within 5 seconds) appeared and feels very firm. I put on a band aid and the bleeding stopped.

My question is, did I just hit a vein and blood has just built up under the skin causing the instant dime sized welt? Anything to be concerned about here?

I havent experienced this before and thought I would ask.

Thanks

Could be a number of things causing this. I won't speculate. Just keep an eye on it over the next few days and you should be fine. If it becomes more painful, swollen, red, or warm to the touch, have it looked at.

Yea little blood is no biggie watch the lump though could b a number of things as stated just keep an eye on it

I will deff be doing this. When I pushed up on the plunger I had at least 2-3 big drops of test on the needle before inserting, so that may have entered sub-q and caused fast irritation, or hitting the vein causing a buildup under the skin are my two guesses. Either way, hopefully its nothing.

Just keep an eye on it bro, it's build up blood/oil under the skin. Kinda like a bloodblister when a hammer catches your thumb lol.
Just curious was it a stream running down your leg or a 5" "squirter"

welt

I occasionally get a drop or a little stream of blood after a glute injection but it usually stops almost immediately after a swab and press. Are you using the upper outer quarter of your glute for the injections? I ask because my understanding is that the lower or more centrally we inject into the glute the more possible issues.

Just keep an eye on it bro, it's build up blood/oil under the skin. Kinda like a bloodblister when a hammer catches your thumb lol.
Just curious was it a stream running down your leg or a 5" "squirter"

i have had both of these... op, good luck brotha

This was not a squirter, but a full blown stream. As I said, I looked away for only 3 seconds, when I looked back down, there was a 5-6" stream going down my ass cheek, and a drop had even fallen onto the floor. I was like, WTF?! I wiped with alcohol pad & noticed the instant sized lump that appeared out of no where. I was using a 1.5" needle that was 95% in, so I find this kind of weird. I injected 2cc. I hope that the oil didnt come out of the muscle. I was injecting in the upper right quadrant of the right glute, so I was right where I needed to be.

I do inject fast though. I injected all 2cc's in about 15 seconds...

This was not a squirter, but a full blown stream. As I said, I looked away for only 3 seconds, when I looked back down, there was a 5-6" stream going down my ass cheek, and a drop had even fallen onto the floor. I was like, WTF?! I wiped with alcohol pad & noticed the instant sized lump that appeared out of no where. I was using a 1.5" needle that was 95% in, so I find this kind of weird. I injected 2cc. I hope that the oil didnt come out of the muscle. I was injecting in the upper right quadrant of the right glute, so I was right where I needed to be.

I do inject fast though. I injected all 2cc's in about 15 seconds...

Just keep an eye on it bro, you definately in the right place and it happens. you could slow it down some next time, Try leaving that pin in for 20-30 secs after you finish push the oil in.
For no reason at all i've had squirted out my left glute completely unexpected, could be some scar tissue build up also there which would cause a little issue as well.

I will deff be doing this. When I pushed up on the plunger I had at least 2-3 big drops of test on the needle before inserting, so that may have entered sub-q and caused fast irritation, or hitting the vein causing a buildup under the skin are my two guesses. Either way, hopefully its nothing.

dude you wasted three drops of test!?!?

Takes 10cc of air to kill you.

Pin that shit!

I'm going to venture that you hit a vein or artery.

I usually use 23 by 1" and move in different areas of my glutes....sumtimes i get leather butt and go back to pinnin delts :thinking:

Was the skin still wet with alcohol? Alcohol can and will irrate and created welts on surface fast, read articles abt bros reusing pins and dumpin them in alcohol pre inj, they failed to comp let alcohol dry and drain needle of it and ended up with Imed welts. Alocohol is nasty. Also, just curious how many pins into cycle are you?

Was the skin still wet with alcohol? Alcohol can and will irrate and created welts on surface fast, read articles abt bros reusing pins and dumpin them in alcohol pre inj, they failed to comp let alcohol dry and drain needle of it and ended up with Imed welts. Alocohol is nasty. Also, just curious how many pins into cycle are you?

No sir. I always fan the area to make sure its dry before injecting. :)

Todays update:

I took the bandaid off this morning before I took a shower. The welt seems to have for the most part disappeared. The area where the raised welt was though, is still firm to the touch, and is visibly bruised with light green/purple colors. At this point, I am diagnosing it as a hit vein with blood under the skin.

The scar tissue is an interesting topic you bring up. I had no idea that was possible!

No sir. I always fan the area to make sure its dry before injecting. :)

Todays update:

I took the bandaid off this morning before I took a shower. The welt seems to have for the most part disappeared. The area where the raised welt was though, is still firm to the touch, and is visibly bruised with light green/purple colors. At this point, I am diagnosing it as a hit vein with blood under the skin.

The scar tissue is an interesting topic you bring up. I had no idea that was possible!

Thanks for the update, RJ. Little bruises on your ass from pinning and nicking a blood vessel are pretty par for the course. My girl often asks why I have the occasional thumb-sized bruise on my cheek. She knows, but still likes to give me a hard time.

I mentioned it to you earlier, but scar tissue causing the oil to move or be pushed out is probably unlikely 5 weeks into you first cycle, but hey, you never know! Glad things are improving.

this kind of stuff can happen. anytime you hit a vessel it can happen. no biggie.

Back