• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

safe-mail?

cheapthreads

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
So is anybody else having trouble logging on ? It's been a week now and can't seem to , it say's it's under construction of sorts any help would be appreciated thanks.

Cheapthreads out....

Sat Nov 7 15:15 EST 2015
[SIZE=+2] We are sorry! Safe-mail is not ready yet. Safe-mail.net is down for critical maintainance.

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] We are very sorry. The current safe-mail service downtime is a major event, we should learn from it and come out with a much better service for our loyal users.
About 18 month ago we have switched our hosting company as we felt that our previous hosting service was not as good as we would like it to be.
During the last year we have suffered from an increasing level of abuse and attacks of many types. Eventually we had to stop automatic self-registration and require a mail request to open a free account.
For several months we are in the process of transferring users' data to new and better equipment, as a result about 90% of our users will not lose any data. The rest may suffer a minimal loss of messages sent or received just before the crash (hours up to a few days).
We think that this is not good enough. During this downtime we already replaced most of our hardware and install new operating system. All this was done not long before we intend to do that, but under the pressure of shutdown.
As soon as the system is functioning, we intend to start building a separate system dedicated to our Premium users.
This system will have full redundancy and could continue working even if the Free sub-system will need to shut down.[/SIZE] Wed Nov 4 03:20 EST 2015

1. [SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]
  2. The Safe-mail.net system suffered a major storage hardware crash.
    Much of the Safe-mail.net system is now renewed. Most of the users' data was not affected by the crash, as we already moved it to a new system during the last few months.
    Once the system is functioning again, most of the hardware (and operating system) will be new. [/SIZE]
  3. [SIZE=+1]We salvaged additional data from the crashed storage.
    About 8% of users' data need to be recovered from the Backup system. Accounts that will be restored from the Backup system may loose the last few hours of activity before the crash. [/SIZE]
  4. [SIZE=+1]The Safe-mail.net system suffered a major storage hardware crash.
    About 80% of user's data is not affected by the crash, as we already moved it to a new system during the last few months.
    The rest is either to be salvaged from the crashed storage, or will be restored from the Backup system.
    [/SIZE]
  5. [SIZE=+1]At this time we will permanently remove about 250,000 user accounts that were involved in activity which violates the Safe-mail.net Agreement and policy.
    [/SIZE] Note: Only those who violates our policy will be deleted. Most accounts are not affected.
  6. [SIZE=+1]Free web based registration to Safe-mail.net will not be available.
    Free accounts will be opened by sending a request to Safe-mail.net.
    [/SIZE]
  7. [SIZE=+1]In the near future, separate subsystems will be used for Free and Premium accounts.
    This will enable better service and even enable shutdown of the Free subsystem without affecting the Premium users.
    [/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1] Further information will be published. [/SIZE]

Sounds like some thing going on there not telling us. Maybe they where hacked!

sounds like they're oversubscribed and deleting free accounts

Have been waiting to see what happens myself, fingers crossed that they get it sorted out so I can at least go get my address book and clear out, didn't think far enough ahead and didn't back up my address book and most of the contacts that I rely on are inaccessible at the moment, the general feel from here and a few other boards is not good

sounds like they're oversubscribed and deleting free accounts
I expected you to know . WTF I wish I didn't have one . My account as paid. I don't care about the money i care about the info

I expected you to know . WTF I wish I didn't have one . My account as paid. I don't care about the money i care about the info
I have a paid account too but I abandoned it after the last storage incident.

Securenym has been up throughout and protonmail just came back up.

Whats the best free or inexpensive alternative too safe mail looking at anonymous mail because my source uses it but i dont want too pay 20 bucks a month for an email i use 3 times a year

There is a big push against these providers. Safemail, protonmail, countermail, etc have all been hit with variations of attacks designed to disrupt operations. Safemail seems to have internal issues as well - maybe they were indeed hacked - maybe they are redoing their entire infrastructure before coming back up...who knows.

sent from a remote bunker while banging a Terminator Model T-X

IML Gear Cream!
Supposedly protonmail involved Swiss authorities....supposedly

Supposedly protonmail involved Swiss authorities....supposedly

It mentions that due to the level of sophistication and the level of damage caused that it appeared to be a state sponsored attack.

It mentions that due to the level of sophistication and the level of damage caused that it appeared to be a state sponsored attack.
Aye, and that they (protonmIl) called the Swiss cops

Back