• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Dutasteride

bigshow

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
Anyone here use Dutasteride from superior pep? Gonna give them a try, if it fails will have to go pharma. Will be using it .5mg twice a week hopefully the shedding will stop. Any tips or opinions are welcome so long as they are helpful. Dannie has been a great help to my questions, just trying to see if anyone else is running it and get some more opinions.

Why not try a DHT blocking shampoo and rogaine? What compounds are you on that are causing the shedding?

I was trying nioxin and rogain and the shedding got worse I need something to stop it quick. I was running 750-900mg of test with a dbol kickstart.

Shampoos and Rogaine won't stop shedding if you're prone to hair loss. I'm on dut .5mg/day and hoping it'll keep shedding in check on a 500mg test/week cycle.

I hate to be one of those guys that doesn't answer the original question BUT I felt it pertinent to share my experience with the shedding issue and what worked for me. As far as being "prone" to hair loss, I figure I was as much as anybody and I was getting some pronounced shedding. I researched and decided to go the Nizoral (1%) route and I can tell you that it absolutely worked. Now, you mentioned a "quick" solution and I'm not sure one exists and for sure the Nizoral is a process by which you will shed MORE at first for a week or so and then it will be better. I believe Rogaine says something similar about an initial shed before results too. Anyway, point is that Nizoral, which basically is a topical DHT blocker (leave on hair for 5 minutes during shower) did exactly what I had hoped it would and trust me, I still take a shit ton of DHT products (i.e., Masteron, Proviron, Mesterelone, sometimes MTR, along with Tren A and E, Test P and E, and Halotestin). My shedding has stopped completely and more hair growth. Was really glad it worked. I wasn't cool with taking oral DHT blocker. Hope you find a solution. For the longer term, I highly recommend the Nizoral. Good luck. - Crit

I hate to be one of those guys that doesn't answer the original question BUT I felt it pertinent to share my experience with the shedding issue and what worked for me. As far as being "prone" to hair loss, I figure I was as much as anybody and I was getting some pronounced shedding. I researched and decided to go the Nizoral (1%) route and I can tell you that it absolutely worked. Now, you mentioned a "quick" solution and I'm not sure one exists and for sure the Nizoral is a process by which you will shed MORE at first for a week or so and then it will be better. I believe Rogaine says something similar about an initial shed before results too. Anyway, point is that Nizoral, which basically is a topical DHT blocker (leave on hair for 5 minutes during shower) did exactly what I had hoped it would and trust me, I still take a shit ton of DHT products (i.e., Masteron, Proviron, Mesterelone, sometimes MTR, along with Tren A and E, Test P and E, and Halotestin). My shedding has stopped completely and more hair growth. Was really glad it worked. I wasn't cool with taking oral DHT blocker. Hope you find a solution. For the longer term, I highly recommend the Nizoral. Good luck. - Crit

Thx for the feedback. Have you tried nizoral and rogaine in tandem? The first is in-shower, the second is post-shower (and pre-bed for 2x/day total) so in theory they could attack the problem in two ways.

I'm considering this after 20+ years on finasteride. I get the sense that blocking DHT system-wide may have some other shitty sides that would be nice to do without, but I also wanna keep my fucking hair. :) Tough one.

No, I actually never got to the Rogaine component because the Nizoral worked. It just worked and so I use it perpetually now and love it. And yes, I have reservations about blocking the DHT internally. But, I can say this, I was worse (less hair) and I came back from that and regrew hair. So, from my experience, there is a reverse effect that is possible and that just because someone has "lost" hair, it can be brought back to a degree. I feel somewhat fortunate that it worked for me, but I also feel some do not give it the time to work it needs. Expect three weeks to a month. Best of luck. - Crit

I'm gonna order nizoral today, I was on pharma propecia for 2 weeks and the shedding hasn't stopped. I took the duta this morning, and it felt like a shot of devil springs 180 proof lol hopefully this helps.

I'm gonna order nizoral today, I was on pharma propecia for 2 weeks and the shedding hasn't stopped. I took the duta this morning, and it felt like a shot of devil springs 180 proof lol hopefully this helps.

Lol, that sounds harsh. You can purchase Nizoral at any Walgreen's or grocery. It doesn't fuck up your scalp (didn't mine) and you can use daily. Just be sure to give it time to work brother. A month for sure. Use like regular shampoo, just leave on head for 5 minutes. Best regards. - Crit

Lol, that sounds harsh. You can purchase Nizoral at any Walgreen's or grocery. It doesn't fuck up your scalp (didn't mine) and you can use daily. Just be sure to give it time to work brother. A month for sure. Use like regular shampoo, just leave on head for 5 minutes. Best regards. - Crit

Haha it's not so bad, definitely wakes you up in the morning that's for sure. Do u think using 1mg of finasteride and .5mg of duta would help stop the shedding sooner? It's getting pretty bad where so much hair is falling out, and it's starting to get me really nervous.

Haha it's not so bad, definitely wakes you up in the morning that's for sure. Do u think using 1mg of finasteride and .5mg of duta would help stop the shedding sooner? It's getting pretty bad where so much hair is falling out, and it's starting to get me really nervous.

I believe dutasteride blocks the same DHT enzyme path that finasteride does (and a second one to boot) so my guess is that adding finasteride to dutasteride is a waste.

I believe dutasteride blocks the same DHT enzyme path that finasteride does (and a second one to boot) so my guess is that adding finasteride to dutasteride is a waste.

That what I was thinking but I'm still shedding and I ordered some nizoral should be in any day now. Just want the shedding to stop ASAP lol kind of desperate here

This discussion might help:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-59061.html

I was surprised to read about the long time spans -- e.g. shedding starting at 3 wks then stopping for regrowth as long as 5-6 months out. I can see where that would be an extensive freak-out period.

It helps but many people I've seen begin duta or fina the shedding stops. I see hair re growing but the shedding does get scary when u see so many pieces of hair fall out. Thanks for the help brother

It helps but many people I've seen begin duta or fina the shedding stops. I see hair re growing but the shedding does get scary when u see so many pieces of hair fall out. Thanks for the help brother

Yep no problem bro. Hope it works out.

I've been on finasteride for 20+ years with only a few short breaks here and there so I don't remember any shedding events. That's gotta suck. I can't imagine it's anything but the follicle reprogramming happening though... not aware of any other mechanism that actually leads to permanent shutdown due to *less* DHT acting on those follicles.

Yep no problem bro. Hope it works out.

I've been on finasteride for 20+ years with only a few short breaks here and there so I don't remember any shedding events. That's gotta suck. I can't imagine it's anything but the follicle reprogramming happening though... not aware of any other mechanism that actually leads to permanent shutdown due to *less* DHT acting on those follicles.

I hope your right because hair has been shedding pretty bad. And has been giving me anxiety. It it goes I guess a transplant could help but I deff don't wanna go that route.

Not sure about the specific lab you referenced ... however, dutasteride is good. HOWEVER, I'd honestly try and get as much out of finasteride and nizoral shampoo (and possibly topical minoxidil) first. Once these have lost their effectiveness (or if it has been reduced), then you should move to the duta. Just my opinion.

Have you experienced hair loss like this? I do have pharma fina on hand and just began using nizoral this morning. Should I use nizoral daily and leave it on for 3-5 min? Every time I shower lots and lots of shedding occurs, it might be from the duta since it might be shedding of the dead hair. I'm honestly dumbfound and worried

Get Shredded!
Just an update, I went ahead and took powers opinion. I see no changed and hair is still shedding every morning when I shower I see so much hair falling out. I might be doomed lol any say hair transplant? Im really hoping it's just the fina sheering off they weak hair to regrow stronger and thicker hair. Honestly idk what else to do, any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Back