• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

Using T3 while on T4 for hypothyroidism

Mr. T

Banned
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
What would happen if I supplemented t3 while taking t4? I heard it can cause an opposite reaction than you would expect. Can someone chime in on this for me? I'd like to know if this might negate any desired effects of more t3.

who told you it would have an opposite effect?

a lot of (good) drs will prescribe them together compounded or prescribe a desiccated thyroid which contains both...

I personally dont tolerate any synthetic t4 well and prefer just straight t3 or desiccated thyroid

T4 is complete garbage. Dessicated is the only way to go. Then additional T3 if needed on top of that.

My gym partner has a thyroid issue and is on synthroid. I know he ran into serious issues, swollen eyes, eyes dried out. I see him this afternoon and I will get the details. I am on here every night and will get back with you with what he said his experience was.

LowT

Not to mention if you need more T3 on top of shitty T4 then you arent converting enough of the T4 into T3 which is another problem in itself.

yeah ..i know someone that breaks out in straight up boils on synthroid

yeah ..i know someone that breaks out in straight up boils on synthroid

Wow what the fuck?

I knew it was a nasty drug...but I never heard that.

yeah..its by far the craziest reaction I've seen or heard of

I'm on 88 mcg of levothyroxine, and curious what t3 would do to me along with it. I have no side effects from the t4, but I am on the LOW side. Need to bring this up with my doc. Someone please chime in on what t4+t3 at the same time can do to you. T4 kept my levels normal, but just barely in the range and I cant lose weight to save my life. I'm trying to cut a bit and even with a major drop in calories and cardio nothing shines improvement. I'm considering t3 especially if my doc declines. need advice please.

The best thing you can do is get off synthroid and on dessicated thyroid. If your doctor wont put you on it then he either doesnt want to lose his kickbacks from a synthroid script or he's too stupid like most doctors to know how it works.

hhmmm..... i was on 175 mcg synthroid for about two years, it really messed with my heart rate, i had heart palpitations i should say severe palpitations, and generally felt like crap. i got switched over to armour thyroid and it seems alot better. what is dessicated thyroid...thanks

nvm googled it

yea armor thyroid man... best route... I have that as well... My doc recommended it early on and offered the syth but I rather pay out of pocket cash price for the armour....
you can add anything to it.... even did a clen run stacked with my base dose of armour... if anything it just hits a bit cleaner... you don't notice the sides after a while tbt

You never want your T-4 higher than your T-3 because your feedback loop will read this as adrenal fatigue . Just another reason a lot of people feel better on T-3. Good luck.

You never want your T-4 higher than your T-3 because your feedback loop will read this as adrenal fatigue . Just another reason a lot of people feel better on T-3. Good luck.

I can't agree or disagree but I believe this to be false since armour thyroid for instance has a higher t4 concentration than t3 and is considered one of/ if not the best for treating hypothyroidism and overall thyroid medications..... I've never supplemented addition t3 on top of my dosing schedule and all is good with it as it stands higher t4 and all

My Doc put me on t3/t4 and I only lasted 3 days. That shit gave me vertigo for 2 weeks after. I'd try to do bench press or anything laying down and the room would spin like I was drunk. Was all bad!

Back