• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • IronMag Labs® 25% Off Sale!❤️‍🔥 Hardcore Bodybuilding Supplements💪Use Coupon Code ASF25 💊

Dbol only cycle?

jfreshxo

Registered
Reaction score
Get Shredded!
25, 5'9 at 165 lbs, have ben seriously lifting for at least 7 years. I have made gains naturally but they have stopped. have tried switching up my routine, I am counting cals, and my diet is on point, don't tell me to not do it, and don't say "EAT". I'm getting 3,500 cals a day and that's tough with my small appetite. I have carefully calculated my macros. My metabolism must be very high. I'm trying to bulk and was wondering if a dbol only cycle is ok? have used a prohormone about a year and a half ago, made good gains, gained 12 lbs then lost about 4. I DID use a SERM. About a year ago I used tren with test for 5 weeks. I also used a SERM. I'm a beginner with this stuff so let me know guys? Thanks!

personally in my opinion, you would run that cycle of dbol yes you would blow up while your on ,but when u stop taking it you will loose most of what you gained alot of it being water weight, why not add test in there as well?? test,dbol can give u amazing gains. Dbol only cycle would disappoint you.

Ill let other people say stuff tho, they may have a different opinion.

personally in my opinion, you would run that cycle of dbol yes you would blow up while your on ,but when u stop taking it you will loose most of what you gained alot of it being water weight, why not add test in there as well?? test,dbol can give u amazing gains. Dbol only cycle would disappoint you.

Ill let other people say stuff tho, they may have a different opinion.
Even if I dose correctly and run a SERM?

Word of advice. Don't come into this forum with what most of the experienced veterans here would call stupid as fuck and then proceed to say "Don't tell me not to do it." You'll get almost no help, if not flamed.

You're 5'9" 165lbs. So I will say "EAT". Because it's what you're lacking. Either that, or you're clueless about working out. It's one of those two reasons, NOTHING ELSE.
This is not an attack so don't take it that way.
Why not a Test cycle? You'd get so much more out of it. Dbol only isn't intelligent. Some people can get away with it but taking risks in the hormone world is pure stupidity.
8 weeks is what I would consider the minimum for a cycle, 5 is almost just a waste.
If you're deadset on Dbol only for some reason get an AI.

Oh alright, any input on superdrol or a test blend like sust or tri-test?

Superdrol makes me feel like shit. I would do test e/c for a minimum of 12 weeks. 500 isnt a bad start but some people like to start even lower at 250.

Why not do the tried and true Test Enth or Test Cyp cycle for 12 weeks at 500mgs?

Orals aren't worth the trouble for me, ruins you lipids and liver. And gives PAINFUL pumps, when running dbol I could not even jog 30 yards without my shins feeling like they would explode

Just stick with 400-600mg of either Test E or C for 12 weeks with and AI and planned PCT.

If you're eating as good as you say you are there's no reason you won't gain an easy 10-15lbs at your weight if not more.

Oh alright, any input on superdrol or a test blend like sust or tri-test?

25, 5'9 at 165 lbs, have ben seriously lifting for at least 7 years. I have made gains naturally but they have stopped. have tried switching up my routine, I am counting cals, and my diet is on point, don't tell me to not do it, and don't say "EAT". I'm getting 3,500 cals a day and that's tough with my small appetite. I have carefully calculated my macros. My metabolism must be very high. I'm trying to bulk and was wondering if a dbol only cycle is ok? have used a prohormone about a year and a half ago, made good gains, gained 12 lbs then lost about 4. I DID use a SERM. About a year ago I used tren with test for 5 weeks. I also used a SERM. I'm a beginner with this stuff so let me know guys? Thanks!

Sorry bro, but... EAT. I'm not trying to be a dick. I've been up and down in weight a lot so it's not like I'm perfect. But the gear won't do shit for you if you don't eat more. 165lbs says you do not eat enough no matter what you seem to think

edit: re read it. Maybe you are eating more NOW? Anyways, these guys are on it. 500mg test for 12 weeks and you will get results of your diet and training are there. If you do it and don't get results then it's time to revisit the diet and training

IML Gear Cream!
there is nothing wrong with a dbol only run...20mg ed will give you some decent results and will be low on the sides...anyone who tells you different doesn't know what there talking about..

amazes me guys post all over forums about oral ph/ds runs and they don't get flamed..but a guy wants to run dbol only and he is a idiot..

i have run dbol and drol only cycle and made some of the best gains of my life...so this is from experience..

Probably because some of us have witnessed the opposite. Dbol seems to be a strong hit or miss with this case. However do you disagree that a test cycle would be better overall? (For this case.)

(Not to mention the majority of people who do oral only cycles are in general not as knowledgeable and don't know how to dose properly or for how long so they just do whatever.)

there is nothing wrong with a dbol only run...20mg ed will give you some decent results and will be low on the sides...anyone who tells you different doesn't know what there talking about..

amazes me guys post all over forums about oral ph/ds runs and they don't get flamed..but a guy wants to run dbol only and he is a idiot..

i have run dbol and drol only cycle and made some of the best gains of my life...so this is from experience..

FUCKING THANK YOU. was going to say this myself. after superdrol i stepped up to dbol, at 30mg for 6 weeks before doing my first test cycle. i absolutely loved it. 20lbs, and strength was insane and pumps as well. run it decently not overdone, and a tad lengthy, keep diet on point, no reason u wont see yourself at 180, and maybe hold on enough to keep weight at 172. good cycle right there to me if pct is done correctly. NOTHING wrong with oral only. test will do wonders, but oral AAS is no different then a prohormone.

Guess I'm just more abrupt and biased than most. Last person I knew to do a prohormone cycle started to shit blood.

I disagree with saying there's "nothing" wrong. When there's numerous guys who crash immensely, feel like dogshit and overall don't get these insane gains like some people who oral only.

Better saying is if you're lucky enough to run an oral only without negative side effects then more power to you. Advocating oral only however seems silly without bothering to mention how hard you "might" get shut down.

FUCKING THANK YOU. was going to say this myself. after superdrol i stepped up to dbol, at 30mg for 6 weeks before doing my first test cycle. i absolutely loved it. 20lbs, and strength was insane and pumps as well. run it decently not overdone, and a tad lengthy, keep diet on point, no reason u wont see yourself at 180, and maybe hold on enough to keep weight at 172. good cycle right there to me if pct is done correctly. NOTHING wrong with oral only. test will do wonders, but oral AAS is no different then a prohormone.

Last edited:
Im on a dbol cycle now.. only on week 2 though so cant contribute alot, but have noticed a strength increase.. Ive heard both positive and negative side for it, best way to find out is just to try it yourself.

Theres no reason why you cant cycle at 165lbs but these guys are all right you need to EAT more and i mean ALOT more. If you do a cycle of dbol or anything else and stick at 3500 calories imo its not enough. On cycle i eat 5,000 plus a day. If your having trouble getting all the cals down look into meal replacements and even some junk food if you got a high metabolism just eat more and keep protein 200g plus especially on cycle i go 300g a day.

On the dbol only cycle idea its a bad plan and you will regret not adding testosterone when you finish the dbol run. The gains from dbol fade quicker than other AAS and you put on plenty of water weight. Adding test with the dbol will help keep some of the dbol gains.

Go for something like this

1-14 Test Enanthate 500mg ew
1-6 Dbol 50mg ed

Run a proper pct and you should keep the gains anything from 10-30 lbs is possible with a first cycle like that and eating right.

Saw a gym buddy recently run a D bol oral cycle, no supports or even a pct. He did 20mg per day for a month and a half and he went up to 345 on the bench for 1. This was 2 months ago. Today he is lucky too get 275 for one on the bench. Lost everything really quick. I ran a PH cycle with full supports and pct and got 335 on the bench. Two months later i can still do 315 on the bench for 3. Have you ever considered a PH cycle if you do not want to pin? PH are pretty effective for what it is.

Ohh, never shit blood either. Only sides i had from my PH cycle was back pumps and random headaches.

Probably because some of us have witnessed the opposite. Dbol seems to be a strong hit or miss with this case. However do you disagree that a test cycle would be better overall? (For this case.)

(Not to mention the majority of people who do oral only cycles are in general not as knowledgeable and don't know how to dose properly or for how long so they just do whatever.)

i don't see much if any hit or miss with 20mg of dbol ed...it's one of the more consistent drugs at that dose in terms of results..sure if someone runs 100mg ed there is a much greater chance for adverse side effects..in my experience which is pretty lengthy i see no reason to not run a lower dbol only cycle for the OP's desired results...

maybe he's on a budget...dbol mg to mg is a much better choice then testosterone if this is the case
maybe he cant or doesn't want to pin...obvious reason there to choose dbol

is a test cycle only better in his case?....if your basing that off of simply end results...it may or may not be..plenty of people have ruined a test only run with the inability to control estrogen, poor dietary habits and/or lackluster training..lots of factors other the the drug used in the equation..

i find the immediate need to jump on a dbol only cycle poster is one of those parroted responses that we see time and time again on the forums...with the drug in question being the only part of the equation being targeted...

to another posters comment he needs to eat more...3500 cals is roughly a 1000 cals over his maintenance...maybe he does need more..idk and neither does anyone else..none of us know his training plan or metabolism..maybe he runs 10 miles a day..well then yes he would most likely need more then 3500 cals..in the end its all speculation unless you have all the facts of the individual..

too the oral only steroid users are less knowledgeable then inject only users(i'm assuming this is the comparison) is beyond a blanket statement...what would the choice of administration have to do with someones knowledge on a topic?..unless your response is based only off oral use only is a uneducated decision and the OP admitted to being inexperienced...

OP could have worded his post a little more less confrontational and that alone could have led to more positive feedback also..

i find the immediate need to jump on a dbol only cycle poster is one of those parroted responses that we see time and time again on the forums...

this is this thread entirely. i get that there is such a better outcome with test. but that doesnt mean it has to be done to see results. also you body is shut down on test just as harsh as anything else. to say it is shut down from dbol so you need test, is a tad ass backwards as shut down refers to natural production. synthetic test will shut you down just as bad because your body is telling you youre "making" way too much therefor it stops doing the job.

Get Shredded!
maybe he's on a budget...dbol mg to mg is a much better choice then testosterone if this is the case

I have to ask this what is more better about dbol mg to mg for cheap gains over testosterone when your chance of keeping the gains from the dbol only cycle during and after pct are virtually nil? Dbol is in no way better than testosterone for someone on a budget because with testosterone atleast you can keep a fair amount of the gains goodluck doing that on your first dbol only cycle and keeping them gains after pct.

Nothing is cost effective about using a compound without stacking it and loosing all your gains pointless right?

I have to ask this what is more better about dbol mg to mg for cheap gains over testosterone when your chance of keeping the gains from the dbol only cycle during and after pct are virtually nil? Dbol is in no way better than testosterone for someone on a budget because with testosterone atleast you can keep a fair amount of the gains goodluck doing that on your first dbol only cycle and keeping them gains after pct.

Nothing is cost effective about using a compound without stacking it and loosing all your gains pointless right?

i'm not sure why you think all gains are lost after a dbol only cycle for all users...maybe from personal experience or someone you know...i'm sure we have all experienced or seen experiences of poor cycle management that resulted in diminishing returns...

my comments about dbol were based around a proper plan being in place and with that all gains would not be lost..

i will retract my mg v mg cost effectiveness statement as it was based off my knowledge of costs of the two compounds of equal quality...this very well may not be the case for many buyers out there..so it is possible the cost effectiveness could be negated by poor acquisition...

i see your point on gains lost after cycle if the ratio of body weight is a factor in that...say you gain 10lbs on dbol and 8lbs on test cyp over the same period...you lose 8lbs after on dbol and 6lbs on test after..well yes you lost more body weight on the dbol but the end result is the same lean mass gain...with almost any steroid cycle there is intramuscular water loss...that is just gonna happen..

i still stick to my stance that a dbol only cycle can be effective if done properly...

It doesn't matter what you run, if you're not eating to support any new growth you may achieve from it, you'll lose it once you come off.
Pretty much anything you run will result in gains as you're very much an AAS beginner and far from natural potential.
Your new maintenance calories will be higher with the added mass, what is your plan for increasing calories?

I'd say run Test E or C at 500mg from weeks 1-8 than from week 9-12 or 9-16 (however long you plan to run) at 600mg. The bottom line is you need to see how your body reacts. A strong androgen like DBol will throw everything off. For your first experience you really need to see how your body handles Testosterone in it's purest form.

You COULD run 20mg ED of Dbol the first 4-6 weeks, but learning how your body handles Test is always the best way to start. You'll learn how much AI you need and how often, how much AI post cycle and what SERM's to run and at what doses. Get a clear picture of what Test will do to you before running other compounds. Remember everything converts to Test anyways, might as well start off on the right foot!

My term was meant as a generalization of dark side newbies. People who hop on without thought of the repercussions or being prepared. I see it more in oral only more than I do injectables. Just personal experience.
I'm no fool to believe in absolutes when it comes to drugs. Everyone's different.

But for this guy still being 165lbs after 7 years, I feel like something is missing.

And yes, my reference to hit and miss is the guys who take 50-150 ed alone. I've honestly never thought of a low dose dbol cycle.

i don't see much if any hit or miss with 20mg of dbol ed...it's one of the more consistent drugs at that dose in terms of results..sure if someone runs 100mg ed there is a much greater chance for adverse side effects..in my experience which is pretty lengthy i see no reason to not run a lower dbol only cycle for the OP's desired results...

maybe he cant or doesn't want to pin...obvious reason there to choose dbol

is a test cycle only better in his case?....if your basing that off of simply end results...it may or may not be..plenty of people have ruined a test only run with the inability to control estrogen, poor dietary habits and/or lackluster training..lots of factors other the the drug used in the equation..

i find the immediate need to jump on a dbol only cycle poster is one of those parroted responses that we see time and time again on the forums...with the drug in question being the only part of the equation being targeted...

to another posters comment he needs to eat more...3500 cals is roughly a 1000 cals over his maintenance...maybe he does need more..idk and neither does anyone else..none of us know his training plan or metabolism..maybe he runs 10 miles a day..well then yes he would most likely need more then 3500 cals..in the end its all speculation unless you have all the facts of the individual..

too the oral only steroid users are less knowledgeable then inject only users(i'm assuming this is the comparison) is beyond a blanket statement...what would the choice of administration have to do with someones knowledge on a topic?..unless your response is based only off oral use only is a uneducated decision and the OP admitted to being inexperienced...

OP could have worded his post a little more less confrontational and that alone could have led to more positive feedback also..

Last edited:
The main difference being if you're not injecting exogenous test while you're shutdown, you could end up in a bad state. Some people get hit by this significantly harder that others.

i find the immediate need to jump on a dbol only cycle poster is one of those parroted responses that we see time and time again on the forums...

this is this thread entirely. i get that there is such a better outcome with test. but that doesnt mean it has to be done to see results. also you body is shut down on test just as harsh as anything else. to say it is shut down from dbol so you need test, is a tad ass backwards as shut down refers to natural production. synthetic test will shut you down just as bad because your body is telling you youre "making" way too much therefor it stops doing the job.

If most have witnessed the opposite is because people don't know how to eat properly, train properly or don't understand that their post cycle maintenance cals have jumped 10-15%.

Dbol is the real deal, and it has relatively low toxicity. 8-12 week cycles of 50mg ED won't destroy your liver.

I would advocate any n00b to run a 6 week 30mg ED dbol cycle, if they're not yet ready for test. That's what I did under a coach and kept 12lbs.

Word of advice. Don't come into this forum with what most of the experienced veterans here would call stupid as fuck and then proceed to say "Don't tell me not to do it." You'll get almost no help, if not flamed.QUOTE]

It's as if to say "can I used dbol alone" and "don't tell me not to use it by itself" in the same breath.

But see the problem with "experianced users" are people who have not done a PH or oral only cycle. Go to PHF and people will prolly say its a good start to get your feet wet before test and offer a cycle. On an aas board people always READ you need test and how its a base..and tell everyone else that, as if they "know".

But see the problem with "experianced users" are people who have not done a PH or oral only cycle. Go to PHF and people will prolly say its a good start to get your feet wet before test and offer a cycle. On an aas board people always READ you need test and how its a base..and tell everyone else that, as if they "know".

Yeah I can see that.

Back