• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 🩺Muscle Gelz® HUMANOGEN® - Powered by Ibutamoren® Increases Growth Hormone! (Transdermal - No Injecting!)🏥

SR-9009 can serve as an effective treatment option for highly aggressive and lethal PCS1 tumors

JackedCarpenter33

Board Rep
Reaction score
Get Shredded!

Abstract​

Perturbations of the circadian clock are linked to multiple diseases, including cancers. Pharmacological activation of REV-ERB nuclear receptors, the core components of the circadian clock, has antitumor effects on various malignancies, while the impact of SR9009 on prostate cancer (PCa) remains unknown. Here, we found that SR9009 was specifically lethal to PCa cell lines but had no cytotoxic effect on prostate cells. SR9009 significantly inhibited colony formation, the cell cycle, and cell migration and promoted apoptosis in PCa cells. SR9009 treatment markedly inhibited prostate cancer subtype 1 (PCS1), the most lethal and aggressive PCa subtype, through FOXM1 pathway blockade, while it had no impacts on PCS2 and PCS3. Seven representative genes, including FOXM1, CENPA, CENPF, CDK1, CCNB1, CCNB2, and BIRC5, were identified as the shared genes involved in the FOXM1 pathway and PCS1. All of these genes were upregulated in PCa tissues, associated with worse clinicopathological outcomes and downregulated after SR9009 treatment. Nevertheless, knockdown or knockout of REV-ERB could not rescue the anticancer effect of SR9009 in PCa. Further analysis confirmed that it was LXRα rather than REV-ERBs which has been activated by SR9009. The expression levels of these seven genes were changed correspondingly after LXRα knockdown and SR9009 treatment. An in vivo study validated that SR9009 restrained tumor growth in 22RV1 xenograft models and inhibited FOXM1 and its targeted gene expression. In summary, SR9009 can serve as an effective treatment option for highly aggressive and lethal PCS1 tumors through mediating the LXRα/FOXM1 pathway independently of REV-ERBs.

Results​

SR9009 was specifically lethal to PCa cell lines​

We assessed the impact of SR9009 on cell viability in three PCa cell lines and 1 normal prostate cell line. SR9009 markedly inhibited 22RV1, PC3 and DU145 cell viability in a dose-dependent manner but had no impact on RWPE-1 cells (Fig. 1A, Fig. S1A–D). We further showed that SR9009 significantly inhibited colony formation (Fig. 1B, C) and induced cell cycle arrest in PCa cells (Fig. 1D, E). SR9009 also promoted apoptosis in PCa cells compared with controls (Fig. 1F, G). Moreover, SR9009 impaired PCa cell migration in vitro in scratch and Transwell assays (Fig. 1H, I, Fig. S1D–E). These results indicated that SR9009 could inhibit PCa cell growth and migration but had no influence on normal prostate cells in vitro.
Fig. 1: SR9009 is selectively lethal in PCa cells.
figure 1
A CCK-8 assay of RWPE-1, PC3, 22RV1, and DU145 cell lines treated with different concentrations of SR9009 for 48 h; means ± SDs; unpaired t test. B, C Clone formation assay of PC3, 22RV1, and DU145 cell lines treated with DMSO or SR9009 (20 μM) for 7–14 days; n = 3; means ± SDs; unpaired t test. D, E Cell cycle tests of PC3, 22RV1, and DU145 cells treated with DMSO or SR9009 (20 μM) for 48 h; n = 3; means ± SDs; ANOVA. F, G Cell apoptosis tests of PC3, 22RV1, and DU145 cells treated with DMSO or SR9009 (20 μM) for 48 h; n = 3; means ± SDs; unpaired t test. H, I Transwell migration assays of PC3, 22RV1, and DU145 cells treated with DMSO or SR9009 (20 μM) for 48 h; n = 3; means ± SDs; unpaired t test. ns, not significant; p < 0.05; *p < 0.01; p < 0.001; *p < 0.0001.
Full size image

SR9009 inhibited the cell cycle pathway and suppressed lethal PCS1​

A total of 559 upregulated and 553 downregulated genes were identified through RNA-seq (Fig. 2A, |Log2FC|> 2, adjusted Pvalue < 0.05). KEGG pathway enrichment analysis revealed that SR9009 significantly promoted ferroptosis and glycine, serine and threonine metabolism (Fig. 2B) and inhibited the cell cycle pathway (Fig. 2C). GSEA indicated that SR9009 mainly functioned by regulating the PCa cell cycle (Fig. 2D, E). A recent analysis classified PCa into three distinct subtypes, named the “PCS classification” [16], and this classification performed better in distinguishing luminal and basal PCa than the PAM50 classification [19]. Our subsequent GSEA found that SR9009 markedly inhibited PCS1, the most aggressive and lethal PCa subtype (enrichment score [ES] = −0.95, P < 0.0001), whereas it had no influence on PCS2 (ES = −0.30, P = 0.25) and PCS3 (ES = 0.30, P = 0.09) when compared with the control groups (Fig. 2F–H, Fig. S2A, B). The results indicated that SR9009 significantly reduced 71 of 82 genes in PCS1 (Fig. 2H). The sequencing results were validated at the mRNA and protein levels (Fig. 2I–K).
Fig. 2: SR9009 downregulated the cell cycle pathway and suppressed lethal prostate cancer subtype 1 (PCS1).
figure 2
A Volcano plot of differentially expressed genes between the SR9009 group (n = 3) and DMSO group (n = 3) after RNA sequencing. B, C Kyoto Encyclopedia of Genes and Genome (KEGG) pathway analysis of up- (B) and downregulated (C) pathways after SR9009 or DMSO was added; D, E Gene Set Enrichment Analysis (GSEA) analysis of the top 5 upregulated (D) and downregulated (E) pathways applying “c2.cp.v7.2.symbols.gmt [Curated]” from the MSigDB database. F GSEA of PCS1 after SR9009 or DMSO administration. G Cluster analysis of genes in PCS1, PCS2, and PCS3 between the SR9009 and DMSO groups. H Heatmap of genes in PCS1 after SR9009 or DMSO administration. I, J qPCR validations of genes downregulated in PCS1 in 22RV1 (I) and PC3 (J); n = 3; means ± SDs; ANOVA. K Western blot validation of SR9009 treatment on the expression of FOXM1 and RRM2 in PC3 and 22RV1 cells. ns, not significant; p < 0.05; *p < 0.01; p < 0.001; *p < 0.0001.
Full size image

SR9009 inhibited PCS1 by downregulating FOXM1 expression​

Previous studies have demonstrated that the FOXM1 pathway is the master driver of PCS1 [20]. We found that SR9009 treatment significantly reduced 20 of 36 FOXM1-regulated genes (Fig. 3A). GSEA also validated that SR9009 treatment inhibited the FOXM1 pathway (ES = −0.75, P < 0.0001, Fig. 3B). Subsequently, from the TCGA-PRAD dataset, we found that FOXM1 was significantly overexpressed in PCa samples compared with normal tissues (Fig. 3C), and the high expression of FOXM1 was associated with worse DFS (Fig. 3D). The mRNA expression of FOXM1 was found to be higher in 22RV1 and PC3 cells than in RWPE-1 cells (Fig. 3E). Knocking down FOXM1 in PC3 and 22RV1 cell lines (Fig. 3F–H) significantly induced cell cycle arrest (Fig. 3 I,J) and reduced cell viability (Fig. 3K). FOXM1 overexpression (Fig. 3L) increased cell viability in PC3 cells, and the treatment effect of SR9009 could be partially rescued after FOXM1 overexpression (Fig. 3M). Together, these results indicated that SR9009 mediated PCS1 inhibition through FOXM1 regulation.

Aside from the cancer fighting benefits which outweighs anything else about it is that it is highly selective and does not have any ill effect on healthy tissue. Thank God for people with the kind of minds these people have. Identifying 1,112 RNA implications alone is impressive much less the rest of the study.

wow. What a cool read
I really wish one of our sponsors would start carrying it. I get it from amino and it is good, I sent two separate samples to Jano from different orders and they both came back similar 24mg/ml and 27mg/ml. Advertised at 30mg/ml. You can easily dose it at 100mg/ml because it has to be suspended in DMSO, it will not hold in anything else. Would absolutely LOVE to see an ASF sponsor offer it at 100mg/ml

I really wish one of our sponsors would start carrying it. I get it from amino and it is good, I sent two separate samples to Jano from different orders and they both came back similar 24mg/ml and 27mg/ml. Advertised at 30mg/ml. You can easily dose it at 100mg/ml because it has to be suspended in DMSO, it will not hold in anything else. Would absolutely LOVE to see an ASF sponsor offer it at 100mg/ml
My buddy owns a shop here in texas and gets it in capsules of 60. Ill check out his price for you brotha

My buddy owns a shop here in texas and gets it in capsules of 60. Ill check out his price for you brotha
The oral bioavailability is only 3% it’s almost entirely ineffective taken orally unfortunately. Gotta inject it. Also 3 hour half life, so you gotta inject it a lot lol

3 x 10mgs or 2 x 15 is what I've seen as a best out so far. Who has time, or the desire, to pin every 3 hours for weeks? Not feasible. Experimenting with slower releasing suspensions maybe? @JackedCarpenter33 I think you mentioned that?

3 x 10mgs or 2 x 15 is what I've seen as a best out so far. Who has time, or the desire, to pin every 3 hours for weeks? Not feasible. Experimenting with slower releasing suspensions maybe? @JackedCarpenter33 I think you mentioned that?
The problem is that it’s suspended in DMSO solely no carrier oil, DMSO is the carrier and it’s similar to miglyol-840 and MCT oil so it just absorbs so damn quick. Ik jigsaw said there was a company that figured out how to get it in GSO I’m seriously wondering how, but if so that would be the route. One injection doesn’t clear the body for roughly 12 hours so twice a day is totally fine. But that on top of our hormones can still be quite a bit of injecting. I’m going to look for a source of raws and see what the jackedchemist can come up with 💪

The problem is that it’s suspended in DMSO solely no carrier oil, DMSO is the carrier and it’s similar to miglyol-840 and MCT oil so it just absorbs so damn quick. Ik jigsaw said there was a company that figured out how to get it in GSO I’m seriously wondering how, but if so that would be the route. One injection doesn’t clear the body for roughly 12 hours so twice a day is totally fine. But that on top of our hormones can still be quite a bit of injecting. I’m going to look for a source of raws and see what the jackedchemist can come up with 💪
There's our new sponsor!!! The Jacked Chemist. I like that. 😃

Naaaaa.... Jacked sounds better anyway imo 👍

Example:

Man that dudes big
vs
Man that dudes jacked

Better emphasis 💪👍

Back