• 👋Hello, please SIGN-UP FOR A FREE account and become a member of our community!
    You will then be able to start threads, post comments and send messages to other members. Thanks!
  • 💪Check Out IronMag Labs Andro Hard® - Powered by R-Andro & Epi-Andro! 💊
  • 👉Check Out Platinum Pharms🌽Corn Hole Sale!🌽

GarlicChicken Ongoing Log

IML Gear Cream!
Trying to get these little things up to par.ive been working on them hard!

Back did something funky tonight on my second loading set of pause squats...not sure if I really hurt it or not but better safe than sorry so I stopped on anything that loaded my back. Still had a stupid good workout even though I had to puss out

Ham curl
RP for 16-20
110 for 10-6-4 (20)

Smith pause squat
2 SS of 6-8
225 for 8
275 for 4*
Something*slipped in my back and I stopped. Not sure the severity yet

Leg press machine
WM sets
240 for 24
260 for 21

Leg extensions
Sets of 6 until I can't get 6
120 for 10 sets

Step ups
3 sets to failure each side

Adductor machine
80 for 19-9-7

dd6b09f6335f5dd115abaa0c9acb5f34.jpg

Back did something funky tonight on my second loading set of pause squats...not sure if I really hurt it or not but better safe than sorry so I stopped on anything that loaded my back. Still had a stupid good workout even though I had to puss out

Ham curl
RP for 16-20
110 for 10-6-4 (20)

Smith pause squat
2 SS of 6-8
225 for 8
275 for 4*

Leg press machine
WM sets
240 for 24
260 for 21

Leg extensions
120 for 10 sets

Step ups

Adductor machine
80 for 19-9-7

Quads are looking beefy man!! Nice

Those quads of yours are tree trunks of lbm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice legs garlic! what are good for hams? we only have a seated ham curl machine, not lying, some say lying down is better some say not lol, and every time I try straight legs lifts I pull a ham in my left leg, no matter how much I stretch, fucking hate it, now that knee has been fixed and other is way better and lower back isn't acting up I am smashing legs now to catch them up to upper body, thighs are 24" now and I only want to go up 3-4 inches to match Arnolds when he competed, don't want huge thighs like the guys now, just too damn big!

Thanks

Nice legs garlic! what are good for hams? we only have a seated ham curl machine, not lying, some say lying down is better some say not lol, and every time I try straight legs lifts I pull a ham in my left leg, no matter how much I stretch, fucking hate it, now that knee has been fixed and other is way better and lower back isn't acting up I am smashing legs now to catch them up to upper body, thighs are 24" now and I only want to go up 3-4 inches to match Arnolds when he competed, don't want huge thighs like the guys now, just too damn big!

Thanks

in for answers... mine aren’t wide enough. How do I make my quads poke out to the sides? They bulge in the front .... gay....

Thanks guys! Think I finally found the training stimulus they need to grow

Thanks
Well I do like both lying and seated ham curls actually. I get more simulation in the extended/stretched position when doing lying ones and better at the top part of the movement with seated. I do both, but I smash them hard. I typically either pyrimid up to a really hard set where I fail at 8 and then do 3 drops to failure, or I work up heavy and do a DC style rest pause set where I fail around 10 on the first interval, take 10 breaths, fail again, another 10 breaths and fail again. Then I do 2-3 drops until they're demolished.

Since you keep straining something, chances are you have some kind of tightness/imbalance causing that. Could be in your hips, IT band, glutes, lower back, maybe even your calves. For me, loaded stretches after finishing the bodypart works best, but I also have to do a good bit of soft tissue work like rolling and smashing with a foam roller or lacrosse ball. Especially in my hips/piriformis as it causes a lot of issues for me. I'm about to invest in one of those theragun things to see how that works pre and post workout. They're supposed to help quite a bit.

I'd also try going lighter and getting a little more knee bend if you haven't tried that yet. I personally cannot do SLDL without a bit more knee bend because I end up hurting my lower back/hamstring. Another thing I do to hit quads/glutes is smith machine lunges at a deficit. Use a board or something to bring your front foot higher, then lunge all the way about to the floor. Go lighter and push hard with your glutes and hams, you'll feel what I'm talking about.
in for answers... mine aren’t wide enough. How do I make my quads poke out to the sides? They bulge in the front .... gay....
I hate to tell you, but it's genetic man. Some guys just don't have that wide sweep on their vastus lateralis. Look at Luke Sandoe. Dude has huge legs but they don't look as good from the front because his sweep just isn't wide. I think the best thing to do is get them bigger with heavy compound movements, and then blast them with metabolic/pump work. Cluster sets, rest pause sets, and FST-7 type cluster sets of leg extensions seem to work to get them wider at the top.

I've found that I respond the best to 2-3 heavy loading sets of about 6-8, then I hammer the volume with a Widowmaker 20 or so rep set on a compound movement like squats or leg press, then a couple more movements where I utilize other intensity techniques like those rest pause and cluster sets. For instance above, sets of 6 heavier on leg extensions with 10 breaths between until I couldn't do 6 reps. That was 10 sets. It's painful but it works for me really well

Ham curl
RP for 16-20
110 for 10-6-4 (20)

Smith pause squat
2 SS of 6-8
225 for 8
275 for 4*

Leg press machine
WM sets
240 for 24
260 for 21

Leg extensions
120 for 10 sets

Step ups

Adductor machine
80 for 19-9-7

Dope snake veins, nice and thick..I'm def jelly of those bad boys..have you always had thick vascular veins as a younger guy or did they come after weight training and lower bf..reason I ask is it seems genetics play a role in really thick veins, although low bf is main reason, but I think genetics come into play..what's your thoughts? And legs looking good bro

Sent from my 6062W using Tapatalk

Dope snake veins, nice and thick..I'm def jelly of those bad boys..have you always had thick vascular veins as a younger guy or did they come after weight training and lower bf..reason I ask is it seems genetics play a role in really thick veins, although low bf is main reason, but I think genetics come into play..what's your thoughts? And legs looking good bro

Thanks man. They definitely came after lifting quite a while and running gear. GH seemed to make a big difference. I do think genetics play a role as well though

Get Shredded!
Too the weekend off of lifting like normal, but did fasted cardio Saturday. Yesterday I decided to do chest and delts since my brachialis was bothering me and I tweaked my back doing legs Friday. Today I had to take a turn and burn trip or if town for work and I'm still driving so no gym today.

Decided to take a cruise week with training to heal up so I can get back to it next week after my vacation. Nothing to failure, just some decent pump work really.

Shoulder warmup

Incline Smith press
4 sets of 12-15

Machine press
3 x 15-20

Cable flye
2 x 20

Machine lateral
4 sets of 15-20

Cable lateral with ankle strap attachment
3 sets of 15

Supersetted with cable OHP
3 sets of 15

Chest supported DB rear delt row
3 sets of 12

30 minutes incline treadmill

Good log man. Seen your post across the boards, u def know your stuff. I’ll be following. Looks like you do a Dc approach to training. How do you like that vs volume?

Too the weekend off of lifting like normal, but did fasted cardio Saturday. Yesterday I decided to do chest and delts since my brachialis was bothering me and I tweaked my back doing legs Friday. Today I had to take a turn and burn trip or if town for work and I'm still driving so no gym today.

Decided to take a cruise week with training to heal up so I can get back to it next week after my vacation. Nothing to failure, just some decent pump work really.

Shoulder warmup

Incline Smith press
4 sets of 12-15

Machine press
3 x 15-20

Cable flye
2 x 20

Machine lateral
4 sets of 15-20

Cable lateral with ankle strap attachment
3 sets of 15

Supersetted with cable OHP
3 sets of 15

Chest supported DB rear delt row
3 sets of 12

30 minutes incline treadmill

Way to listen to your body Bro. Still kicking ass like always.

Good log man. Seen your post across the boards, u def know your stuff. I’ll be following. Looks like you do a Dc approach to training. How do you like that vs volume?

Thanks man. I have actually switched to more of an advanced DC with some added volume using intensity techniques...kind of a combo of DC and Mountaindog. It's been working really well for me, and for a while I was having less injuries than higher volume. There's no doubt I respond very well to rest pause and progressive overload, I put on a good amount of size just cruising on test and lifting 2-3 days per week.

I get bad tendinitis when I push a lot of volume so I have to limit it. Recently I've just done stupid shit to hurt myself, the rest pause hasn't been the cause of my issues. I think theres no one style that's better than others, some people respond really well to high volume and some get hurt all the time. I'm the latter lol

Thanks man. I have actually switched to more of an advanced DC with some added volume using intensity techniques...kind of a combo of DC and Mountaindog. It's been working really well for me, and for a while I was having less injuries than higher volume. There's no doubt I respond very well to rest pause and progressive overload, I put on a good amount of size just cruising on test and lifting 2-3 days per week.

I get bad tendinitis when I push a lot of volume so I have to limit it. Recently I've just done stupid shit to hurt myself, the rest pause hasn't been the cause of my issues. I think theres no one style that's better than others, some people respond really well to high volume and some get hurt all the time. I'm the latter lol
Didn't you argue with me about progressive overload and injury a few months back?

Didn't you argue with me about progressive overload and injury a few months back?
I think that was like a year and a half ago lol. But yeah, I've fully changed my thinking on it. I do get injured if I go too heavy on certain things like pressing and squats but volume really messes me up...I turn into king tendinitis lol

I hear ya. I do agree that everyone is a little different and also more than one way to produce growth. High volume typically means less intensity to a degree and vice versatility. But in the end getting stronger is still key in my opinion. Good stuff, volume does tend to cause me more aches though lol

Here's some vacation cheat meals for your viewing enjoyment. I enjoyed the taste lol

French antipasti plate and french rack of lamb. It was wonderful
f65784b93ff18c27227081e82a410128.jpg
5a1b005298fbde41d0d43703e22afee8.jpg

Some more yummy shit that I won't eat again for a long time.

Beef carpaccio
Lobster linguine (not for me since I have a deathly allergy to crab and lobster)
More rack of lamb, this time with wilted spinach with pine nuts, and potato gratin

Presentation on asnt quite as nice with this one but the taste was A+.

Last night I forgot to take pics, but it was a family style gourmet Italian meal...it was amazing. I'm batting a perfect game on food this vacation!

Bruschetta
Corn bisque
Aged prime filet bolonese
Wild boar cannelloni
Tiramisu
Espresso con leche
3f68f16641c765c2cf0e09ab88c20c6f.jpg
0c6f02e30d3caca58569800354869d0c.jpg
e229ae0f4edd5f9dc4d8cd0244f3dda4.jpg

Some more yummy shit that I won't eat again for a long time.

Beef carpaccio
Lobster linguine (not for me since I have a deathly allergy to crab and lobster)
More rack of lamb, this time with wilted spinach with pine nuts, and potato gratin

Presentation on asnt quite as nice with this one but the taste was A+.

Last night I forgot to take pics, but it was a family style gourmet Italian meal...it was amazing. I'm batting a perfect game on food this vacation!

Bruschetta
Corn bisque
Aged prime filet bolonese
Wild boar cannelloni
Tiramisu
Espresso con leche
3f68f16641c765c2cf0e09ab88c20c6f.jpg
0c6f02e30d3caca58569800354869d0c.jpg
e229ae0f4edd5f9dc4d8cd0244f3dda4.jpg
Damn GC..eating like a king. That restaurant looks like they have an extensive menu and it doesn't look cheap!

It was a great time!

Back to the grind boys! Back at it today. The vacation was great but it's time to get back on point. Back on the original meal plan @ 2600 calories. Gonna be a little off today since I didn't have time to meal prep and it'll be rotisserie chicken and Uncle Ben's ready rice packs but it'll do in a pinch until I can throw some stuff in the IP tonight.

Back on it! Chest and triceps today. Rearranged my lifts to maximize shoulder rest between pressing and lowered volume to get away from the injuries. Plus my fiancee is going to start lifting with me again too so this works best for both of us. New split is advanced DC with a little modification. Chest/tris/abs, back/calves, off, delts/bis/abs, legs, off, off. Repeat ad nauseum. Sticking with a simple A/B rotation for now so each exercise gets hit every other week. Changed up exercises as well and might adjust a little along the way.

Shoulder warmup

Flat BB press
1 RP set of 12-16
205 for 10-5-3 (18)

Press machine
1 RP set of 20-26
155 for 14-7-4 (25)

Floor crusher
1 RP set of 12-16
100 for 7-4-2 (13)

Cable overhead rope extension
3 SS with 2 drops last set
60 for 17
60 for 15
60 for 15 drop to 40 for 8 drop to 30 for 12

30 minutes stair master

2 sets in Roman chair
2 sets of standing cable crunches

Great work GC. Thats awesome your lady is going to start hitting it with you!! Couple goals!!!
Thanks man! Yeah we have gone together for a long time, but after her lady parts surgery she couldn't hardly lift for a long time and kept hurting that area. She's finally able to lift decently again and she pushes hard AF so she's a great training partner. Plus she knows my sticking points on lifts and I know hers. We'll be doing DC together, with a little modification for her to help build into the intensity.

Decided to drop the tren/mast for now because I'd rather have quality sleep. My body feels like it wants to grow...everything is feeling good and my pump was ridiculous yesterday. Deciding if I'm going to grow for a few weeks and then cut again or what. Or maybe just do a continual recomp with higher calories since the GH is finally starting to shine. Not really sure. Not ready to start a blast again though, maybe a short one then cruise for a bit and start a long one. Not really sure. Gotta see what I have in the arsenal too. Lots of dbol but not sure I want to deal with the heartburn right now

I will take your dbol... in case you wanted to get rid of it ... lol

Thanks man! Yeah we have gone together for a long time, but after her lady parts surgery she couldn't hardly lift for a long time and kept hurting that area. She's finally able to lift decently again and she pushes hard AF so she's a great training partner. Plus she knows my sticking points on lifts and I know hers. We'll be doing DC together, with a little modification for her to help build into the intensity.
I’m jelly

After consulting someone I trust, I decided to go ahead with uppng the food and growing some. My body is ready to grow so why not.

Here's the update. Calories are going to just under 3k. Tren and mast are out, test and GH only right now.

GC test cyp 750mg weekly
Meditrope Black tops 3iu daily split into 1iu upon waking and 2iu at night

Got some nerve pain that's recurring in my arms, I thought it was my bicep tendons (might be a little bit) but it's mostly nerve pain. I'm thinking it's from the pendlay rows, jerking the weight off the floor and the shock when it's set back down is doing the damage I think. So going to avoid rack pulls and pendlays for a while...which makes me sad.

New diet:

Meal 1
10oz Egg Whites
70g Raw Oats
1tbsp Macadamia Nut Oil
2tbsp ground flax

Meal 2
4.5oz Chicken Breast
1.5c White Rice
1/2tbsp EVOO

Meal 3
4.5oz Chicken Breast